Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I've feeling very 'morning sickess' like for a couple of days - furry/icky mouth feeling, put off by certain food smells, worse in the evening... literally like the first trimester all over again...

However, today I also have a really dull stomach ache and I cannot stop pooping :oops: like I have to keep running to the loo. A quick Google tells me it's not sinister, but I'm just praying maybe it's a bug or I just ate something. Got the infamous pissing hen do in a week and my sister's wedding in a month and I really don't need to be feeling rough for either 😬
I’d forgotten about your sisters hen do! Did you decide what to do instead of the cancelled activity in the end?
I’ve had really bad sickness at the beginning and it came back worse in the third trimester but different all I’ve found is eating smaller meals earlier and less fatty have helped but I think it’s like my insides running out of room really.

Reactions: 1
Omg twingey bum cheek pain is the best description for what I get. I’d forgotten I was going to look into acupuncture at the beginning. How did you find a good one and is it expensive?
I just went by Google reviews to be honest - I’m going to the London Acupuncture clinic in Wimpole St. I’ve seen a few different people and I think most of them practice at other locations too. It’s £70 a session but honestly worth every penny.

The future is here 😂😂😂 I also just think it would be amazing to start making a cuppa before I even get out of bed 😂😂
Ok WiFi kettle sounds amazing, definitely get one! I want one now too!

Does anyone know if grieving or stress is bad for baby? I had to put my dog to sleep last week at nearly 13 years. I’m 35 weeks. I’m really struggling with the loss of her. She’s been there through everything over the years with me. dv relationships, homelessness, mental health problems, miscarriages, birth of my first child, losses of family members, several house loves, illnesses. Etc. She was always there. I know to some it’s only a dog.. but that dog saved me and was my best friend and it’s hit me so hard. I’m trying so hard to hold it all together and be strong for the baby in my tummy but feel like I’m fighting a losing battle and need to let it all out.
I am so sorry for your loss ❤ I’ve had a few dogs put to sleep, one of them in particular was my baby and I honestly cried every day for months. You don’t have to be strong for anyone, just let yourself grieve. Don’t worry about your baby, they are strong and healthy in there x

Your bum cheek pain… was it almost like an electric shock if you sat on your bum weird?
That’s how my sciatica would be at times, really sudden and sharp and makes you go “OW!” Like you’ve been zapped.

Reactions: 3
I just went by Google reviews to be honest - I’m going to the London Acupuncture clinic in Wimpole St. I’ve seen a few different people and I think most of them practice at other locations too. It’s £70 a session but honestly worth every penny.
Yeah the only people I know who have had it are in London so wasn’t sure who to ask for recommendations because I’m up north. But I’ll get on google thanks!

Omg I have had this a couple of times. The first time I thought I had sat on something sharp.
This is me! In one spot on my bum! It doesn’t necessarily hurt, but it is a bit like WTF 😂

So I've feeling very 'morning sickess' like for a couple of days - furry/icky mouth feeling, put off by certain food smells, worse in the evening... literally like the first trimester all over again...

However, today I also have a really dull stomach ache and I cannot stop pooping :oops: like I have to keep running to the loo. A quick Google tells me it's not sinister, but I'm just praying maybe it's a bug or I just ate something. Got the infamous pissing hen do in a week and my sister's wedding in a month and I really don't need to be feeling rough for either 😬
I have had the worst bellyache since last night. I tried to turn over last night in bed, but got stuck as the pain in my stomach was unreal. Then I was up on and off all night worrying, and it hasn’t got much better. The youngest has a bug as well, so hoping it’s that 🤞🏼
Did you get everything sorted for the hen in the end?

• Haha
Well, first of all this particular series has left a bad taste in everybody mouths as it was filmed in the height of the pandemic when partners were not allowed (and still not allowed) attend scans/appointments due to restrictions yet they left a film crew in!! And secondly it was just horrific as I watched a birth and the baby was grey and placenta and cords and tit 🤢🤢🤢
Yeah that would piss me right off, especially if I was dad/other parent. Like ok cool there's this high quality footage of an important day for our family...because the camera man was allowed to be there but I had to wait in the car park :mad:

@Jellybean093 @Hannah_204 Yes, we got something sorted in the end - GoHen were able to offer us an alternative for a small extra charge. Luckily the group were all very understanding and didn't mind paying up. So all I need to do now is pay the minibus on the day and think about packing for the weekend! If I'm honest, I'm dreading it and the wedding in a month. Only because I'm so uncomfortable and tired and get horrible backache after being on my feet for more than 5 mins, but I keep telling myself it's just two weekends of my life and I need to suck it up for my sister because she'd do the same for me. With the hen, I'm just gonna make it to dinner and then piss off back to the hotel and let them party all night.

I think the sudden sickness/stomach ache is probably to do with everything being a bit squished inside - baby's movements have gone from kicks to rolling/wriggling as she's running out of room and my bump has popped quite a bit recently. As long as I can manage to eat, I'll be fine I hope!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@Jellybean093 @Hannah_204 Yes, we got something sorted in the end - GoHen were able to offer us an alternative for a small extra charge. Luckily the group were all very understanding and didn't mind paying up. So all I need to do now is pay the minibus on the day and think about packing for the weekend! If I'm honest, I'm dreading it and the wedding in a month. Only because I'm so uncomfortable and tired and get horrible backache after being on my feet for more than 5 mins, but I keep telling myself it's just two weekends of my life and I need to suck it up for my sister because she'd do the same for me. With the hen, I'm just gonna make it to dinner and then piss off back to the hotel and let them party all night.

I think the sudden sickness/stomach ache is probably to do with everything being a bit squished inside - baby's movements have gone from kicks to rolling/wriggling as she's running out of room and my bump has popped quite a bit recently. As long as I can manage to eat, I'll be fine I hope!
I can’t sit still for long, and going somewhere like a wedding would not be ideal, but you will have the best time❤ Glad you got everything sorted. Hopefully it all goes smoothly and can relax. Put your feet up x

Does anyone know if grieving or stress is bad for baby? I had to put my dog to sleep last week at nearly 13 years. I’m 35 weeks. I’m really struggling with the loss of her. She’s been there through everything over the years with me. dv relationships, homelessness, mental health problems, miscarriages, birth of my first child, losses of family members, several house loves, illnesses. Etc. She was always there. I know to some it’s only a dog.. but that dog saved me and was my best friend and it’s hit me so hard. I’m trying so hard to hold it all together and be strong for the baby in my tummy but feel like I’m fighting a losing battle and need to let it all out.
A dog is never just a dog. What was keeping me up the other night was not anxiety about my baby, but anxiety about my dog 🤦🏼‍♀️ (He's older and almost completely blind) I'm not an expert but I thinking keeping it in is even worse. I've dealt with stress before by trying to suppress it and it always manifests in some weird and wonderful way (stress rash, voice loss or a memory loss episode which was very weird).

So sorry for your loss 😔

Speaking of kettles and formula… Does anyone know if it’s ok to use a boiling water tap to make formula? I can’t seem to get a definite answer online. The water is heated to 99C so way hotter than the prep machines etc (and pretty sure by the time boiled kettle water hits the cup it has lost a degree of heat anyway). I was planning on using it (can also turn it down to lower temps if needed) but not sure whether I should get a little kettle just in case.

Speaking of kettles and formula… Does anyone know if it’s ok to use a boiling water tap to make formula? I can’t seem to get a definite answer online. The water is heated to 99C so way hotter than the prep machines etc (and pretty sure by the time boiled kettle water hits the cup it has lost a degree of heat anyway). I was planning on using it (can also turn it down to lower temps if needed) but not sure whether I should get a little kettle just in case.
Pretty sure they're fine. My friend has one and her midwife said it was fine as it's over 70 degrees.

Hope this helps 😊
You'd just have to make the bottle up straight away 😊

Attachments

Pretty sure they're fine. My friend has one and her midwife said it was fine as it's over 70 degrees.

Hope this helps 😊
You'd just have to make the bottle up straight away 😊
Thanks! I figured as much but there’s something about baby hormones that make you second guess the most simple things!

Hi ladies, think I’m pregnant. We were trying for a third but kinda had second thoughts just because we want to move house early next year. I’m usually very regular with my periods and I am 2 weeks late. Yet to take a test because I’ve been so ill this week and quite nervous also just because I’ve kinda got my hopes up that I could be pregnant and just anxious.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi ladies, think I’m pregnant. We were trying for a third but kinda had second thoughts just because we want to move house early next year. I’m usually very regular with my periods and I am 2 weeks late. Yet to take a test because I’ve been so ill this week and quite nervous also just because I’ve kinda got my hopes up that I could be pregnant and just anxious.
Id say go down the the pharmacy and buy a test, read the instructions and take the first result that it gives you. Ive heard of people lately that wait an hour and inevitably the result will give you a false positive.

Id say go down the the pharmacy and buy a test, read the instructions and take the first result that it gives you. Ive heard of people lately that wait an hour and inevitably the result will give you a false positive.
Thank you. I’ll see how I feel later I’ve been off work all week so sick with flu. Feeling really nauseous which is how I always felt with both my previous pregnancies. I’m just anxious that it could be the vaccine messing with my periods. I know one of my friends also thought she was pregnant because she was late but her period came weeks late. She did some research and found it could be connected to the vaccine. Idk I of course just need to do a test. My oh is back tonight after working away since last week I’ll see if he can pick me one up.

Reactions: 2
Urgh me pregnant birds, approaching the 37th week, homestretch and now having to monitor my blood sugars 4x a day due to baby being on 97th %tile… anyone been through similar?

still catching up
@SavvyBee so sorry to hear about your dog, take it easy ❤ it’s such a heart breaking thing and they’re family (sometimes more so than our actual families) x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Urgh me pregnant birds, approaching the 37th week, homestretch and now having to monitor my blood sugars 4x a day due to baby being on 97th %tile… anyone been through similar?

still catching up
@SavvyBee so sorry to hear about your dog, take it easy ❤ it’s such a heart breaking thing and they’re family (sometimes more so than our actual families) x
Yes I am in exact same boat as u litch 37 weeks tomorrow and now check 7 times daily 😒 totally fed up and being induced in 2 weeks now so feeling super excited

• Heart
Feeling miserable AF today, you know when you just wake up and feel like a misery? Overwhelmed and done in and feeling like I have nothing sorted for the baby and juggling all the balls of life. I need time off work but It can’t happen 😩 Had to run out to collect my son because he fell and hit his head at preschool which was just the icing on the cake and almost cried about 3 times this morning for no reason beforehand 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Have GD here too - the blood testing isn’t getting to me too much but I am really dying for a huge glass of fresh orange and a chocolate croissant the size of my head. Sick of the sight of chicken salads, protein bars and apple and peanut butter…. But 5 ish weeks to go and it’ll be fine. I am trying to think that at least it’s stopping me from gaining too much extra weight and frankly anything to not have to push out a giant 12lb baby (or something equally as terrifying) will be worth it in the long run. I feel you though. Hang in there and make a snack list of things you can have as soon as baby’s here! ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Feeling miserable AF today, you know when you just wake up and feel like a misery? Overwhelmed and done in and feeling like I have nothing sorted for the baby and juggling all the balls of life. I need time off work but It can’t happen 😩 Had to run out to collect my son because he fell and hit his head at preschool which was just the icing on the cake and almost cried about 3 times this morning for no reason beforehand 😔
Totally feeling all of this today! I’m blaming the change in weather but actually probably just need a 24 hour sleep and some peace and quiet. Big hugs to you lovely lady ❤ Hope your little man is doing ok, bless his heart xxx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.