Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes!! They made me really ill, was sick frequently, I swapped to the seven seas ones and wasn’t sick at all after I swapped over
Was about make the same comment! I preferred taking the seven seas ones too. And they’re cheaper 🙂

Morning ladies.

I’m looking for a bit of advice when it comes to telling friends about pregnancy, particularly when those friends have been having fertility trouble the last few years.

I’m so conscious that hearing about another pregnancy in those circumstances could be received as a negative bombshell, but equally I don’t want to meet up in a couple of months when I’ll probably have a more noticeable bump and for it to be an equal bombshell combined with hurt that I hadn’t said anything. Any tips for how to break the news in a sensitive way?
So told my group of friends around 14 weeks when we met up for a brunch. One of my good friends has been ttc for 3 years. I knew it would be hard for her to hear as she’s currently awaiting IVF. I spoke to her before we all met up as didn’t want to drop the news in front her and everyone else. I think she really appreciated hearing the news herself and processing it in her own way.
As hard as it is for someone who is TTC to hear, they are still your best friends and will be delighted for you❤.

edited to add - so far I’ve always waited for her to ask me about bump/baby updates rather than overloading the WhatsApp group with scan photos etc.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Thanks for your replies! 💗 I’d wondered if it was them for a couple of weeks but now I’m convinced! Im going to try the seven seas one thank you! X

Reactions: 1
Morning ladies.

I’m looking for a bit of advice when it comes to telling friends about pregnancy, particularly when those friends have been having fertility trouble the last few years.

I’m so conscious that hearing about another pregnancy in those circumstances could be received as a negative bombshell, but equally I don’t want to meet up in a couple of months when I’ll probably have a more noticeable bump and for it to be an equal bombshell combined with hurt that I hadn’t said anything. Any tips for how to break the news in a sensitive way?
Definitely agree with the others about a text. I was due to be seeing a friend who had a very traumatic miscarriage last year and has struggled to conceive since, I texted her about a week before we were due to see each other so she could react privately and process it herself, I think it definitely helped. Hope you and your friends are ok, the fact you're considering their feelings so much shows what an empathetic friend you are.

Reactions: 3
Morning ladies.

I echo the others. Having been there myself there is nothing worse than being blindsided by the news of someone’s pregnancy and having nowhere safe to let it out at that moment (I was at work). Definitely do it over text and say you’re happy to give her time to take the news in and you guys can speak when she is ready.

Reactions: 2
Thanks for the advice girls, I’ve written down all your recommendations. I really appreciate it!❤
apparently dark chocolate and cream mixed to make a mouse is good 👀 I’ll report back!

It was such a shock to hear at this stage, as my BMI was so low prior to pregnancy and now just feel guilty and worried!

Done a few pricks and they’ve been quite low so far which is a bit reassuring. My husbands did the healthiest food shop and I’m raring to go 🥴

hopefully next week I’ll know more!!
Don't feel too guilty. Remember that the values you need to be under have become way more strict the past (couple of) year(s) and that testing for GD is actually something quite new. Loads of women had GD without knowing before us and babies still turned out ok (be it a bit large maybe :p)

Also getting very nauseous after taking pregnancy vitamines btw. Tried different brands, but nothing changed. So now only taking vitamine D. Have an appointment with the gynaecologist today, will ask her if that's ok.

• Heart
I took no vitamins with my youngest 🙈 although, even if I did, they wouldn’t have been effective down to my coeliac, as I need a higher dose of vitamin d and something else. I did take then this time though

I’ve bought 3 cots, a huge cot bed, a kinderkraft travel cot for the living room and a Moses basket for my mothers house 😭 after setting up the nursery along with the cot bed I’ve realised that I have to disassemble it to bring it into my room and it’s so big it will take up space in my room 😭 would I be mad if I buy another cot and if so have you any recommendations? Not the next2me as I think they look too clinical

I’ve bought 3 cots, a huge cot bed, a kinderkraft travel cot for the living room and a Moses basket for my mothers house 😭 after setting up the nursery along with the cot bed I’ve realised that I have to disassemble it to bring it into my room and it’s so big it will take up space in my room 😭 would I be mad if I buy another cot and if so have you any recommendations? Not the next2me as I think they look too clinical
I've got the opposite problem. Built up the cot in my bedroom.. And not sure I'll get it out to move into the nursery 😂 and it was a b**stard to build haha 😂

What kind of cot are you looking for? An actual cot or something like a moses basket ect?

• Haha
Tutti bambini bedside crib is fab, I really recommend it. The snuzpod also has great reviews xx

• Heart
Quick question ladies, has anyone experienced really bad cramps in their leg? I've had it in my left calf the past couple of nights but it's now continued into today. Haven't done anything particularly strenuous.
Also IM SO ITCHY! it's mainly the bottom of my bump just above the pubic area (which I can understand due to stretching) but I'm also getting it on my bum and my legs, accompanied by little spots. Is this normal? I can't imagine it's OC as I've read that's mainly in your hands and feet and I'm not swollen or anything. I refuse to Google it, for no doubt it'll tell me I'm dying lol

I've got the opposite problem. Built up the cot in my bedroom.. And not sure I'll get it out to move into the nursery 😂 and it was a b**stard to build haha 😂

What kind of cot are you looking for? An actual cot or something like a moses basket ect?
Mine was a bastard to build too that’s why I don’t want to take it down 😭🤣 I don’t know like something that’s not massive 😭 like I do have a Moses basket for my mothers house and this is a ridiculous question but can babies actually sleep in them all night? 🤣 I’m as clueless as duck

Morning ladies.

I agree about sending a text.
I also don't really talk about anything pregnancy related with her unless she asks, as I don't know what kind of a day she might be having.
It's so hard, she told me to not feel guilty but it's so difficult not to esp when I was so lucky to get pregnant almost straight away.
It's heartbreaking to see a friend go through it

Quick question ladies, has anyone experienced really bad cramps in their leg? I've had it in my left calf the past couple of nights but it's now continued into today. Haven't done anything particularly strenuous.
Also IM SO ITCHY! it's mainly the bottom of my bump just above the pubic area (which I can understand due to stretching) but I'm also getting it on my bum and my legs, accompanied by little spots. Is this normal? I can't imagine it's OC as I've read that's mainly in your hands and feet and I'm not swollen or anything. I refuse to Google it, for no doubt it'll tell me I'm dying lol
Yep and yep 😂
The leg cramps this time round have been absolutely UNREAL. I literally have to jump out of bed when I feel them coming on or I’m just in agony for hours. They knot so badly as well into the next day sometimes like you said 😭 I drink enough water and lower salt intake etc but nothing seems to ease them so I feel your pain!

I have mainly itchiness around my boobs and chest, it’s unbearable sometimes. I think mild itching is normal though. Have you changed your washing powder recently? Or something along the lines, maybe a new moisturiser/bio oil on your bump/legs etc? You might be mildly allergic to it even if you aren’t normally, sounds weird but I’m allergic to cats when pregnant and not when not, a lot of people find they get weird allergies that do go when you’ve had the baby but could deffo be a possibility! Xx

Morning ladies.

This is terrible advice but I've actually waited for my best friend to get pregnant. I just couldn't tell her after her miscarriage, I couldn't have her pretend to be happy for me and I know she's been trying to conceive as soon as she was able to afterwards. She's just broken the news she's pregnant herself so I'm going to tell her in person tonight. I hope she's not too annoyed I've kept it this long but I'd rather her be annoyed at me than sad.

Mine was a bastard to build too that’s why I don’t want to take it down 😭🤣 I don’t know like something that’s not massive 😭 like I do have a Moses basket for my mothers house and this is a ridiculous question but can babies actually sleep in them all night? 🤣 I’m as clueless as duck
Yes they can 😊
They only tend to last around 3 months though!

• Heart
Morning ladies.

I did find this hard to navigate at first because of my best friends has had 3 miscarriages, one being just before we found out we were pregnant with my middle one. I text her as others have said so she can process without being pretend excited for me at least in the first instance and I always tell her when I’ve had scans but wait until she asks to see pictures etc. She’s been incredibly supportive and fab and open about her own struggles with fertility/loss and we lean on each other for support. She’s absolutely incredible with my kids too but I can often see the pain and I try to support that as much as I can while also not understanding her situation fully. On the other hand my life long friend had a miscarriage (that I didn’t know about) and she really checked out of our friendship when I first told her I was pregnant which I understood and appreciated. Your friend can only act how she sees fit to the situation but equally don’t be surprised if she withdraws a bit at first xxx

• Heart
Yes, Moses baskets are fine to sleep in, but they don’t last long! I put my second straight into a cot, and it was far too big. He shouldve had a crib or something. I know you said about the next to me cribs being too clinical, but it has been the best thing for me in terms of
Moses basket for eldest
Cot for second
Next to me for third. They are so easy, loads of space and much better to lift the baby in and out

There is also something called PUPP I think with itching on stomach?

I actually just called my midwives as I had bloods taken Monday as I’ve started to itch (previous OC) and they’ve come back normal but the itching has taken a notch upwards the last day or so 😩

Yep and yep 😂
The leg cramps this time round have been absolutely UNREAL. I literally have to jump out of bed when I feel them coming on or I’m just in agony for hours. They knot so badly as well into the next day sometimes like you said 😭 I drink enough water and lower salt intake etc but nothing seems to ease them so I feel your pain!

I have mainly itchiness around my boobs and chest, it’s unbearable sometimes. I think mild itching is normal though. Have you changed your washing powder recently? Or something along the lines, maybe a new moisturiser/bio oil on your bump/legs etc? You might be mildly allergic to it even if you aren’t normally, sounds weird but I’m allergic to cats when pregnant and not when not, a lot of people find they get weird allergies that do go when you’ve had the baby but could deffo be a possibility! Xx
I normally do anyway, but I am counting down the minutes for my husband to get home to give it a good rub 😂 hearing it's normal is a bit of a relief.
The itching I dunno, nothings changed at all I don't think but I could be eating something that's previously never caused an issue that is now. Again, it being normal is a relief and I'll mention it at next app just incase. Just don't want to wreck my skin scratching the duck out of it, but it's like orgasming every time the itch is satisfied, it just never lasts long 😂😂😂

There is also something called PUPP I think with itching on stomach?

I actually just called my midwives as I had bloods taken Monday as I’ve started to itch (previous OC) and they’ve come back normal but the itching has taken a notch upwards the last day or so 😩
I'll look up PUPP and speak to consultants at next app but I really don't think it could be OC, I'm maybe even a bit early for that at 27 weeks? Maybe it's the change in weather and wearing more layers than we would've done at the beginning? 🤔

• Haha
Eeeeek I’ve been signed off (stress) for my last three weeks of work. Going in on Monday to do a handover but then I’m free! Not exactly how I wanted to leave but my manager is understanding and I feel better knowing I only have to get through one more day. So technically I guess I’m on maternity leave?! What will I do for the next six weeks 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.