Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, Moses baskets are fine to sleep in, but they don’t last long! I put my second straight into a cot, and it was far too big. He shouldve had a crib or something. I know you said about the next to me cribs being too clinical, but it has been the best thing for me in terms of
Moses basket for eldest
Cot for second
Next to me for third. They are so easy, loads of space and much better to lift the baby in and out
Another vote for the next 2 me. I love them. Perfect size and lasted my first 8 months.

Eeeeek I’ve been signed off (stress) for my last three weeks of work. Going in on Monday to do a handover but then I’m free! Not exactly how I wanted to leave but my manager is understanding and I feel better knowing I only have to get through one more day. So technically I guess I’m on maternity leave?! What will I do for the next six weeks 🙈
Sorry to hear you're feeling stressed. Just wanted to highlight that employers can start your maternity leave 4 weeks early, if you are off sick. Didn't want you to be caught out with this!

Reactions: 3
Another vote for the next 2 me. I love them. Perfect size and lasted my first 8 months.

Sorry to hear you're feeling stressed. Just wanted to highlight that employers can start your maternity leave 4 weeks early, if you are off sick. Didn't want you to be caught out with this!
Agree on the next to me! You can get lovely sheets for them which make them a bit cosier.

Re starting mat leave earlier, they can only do this if the illness is pregnancy related so the GP put work related stress just to give me that protection just in case- luckily I have a great manager and team anyway and she’s already said they wouldn’t bring it forward when I discussed the possibility I might go off early before I spoke to the doctor, so I’m just on sick leave for three weeks then a week of holiday then my mat leave as planned. Always one to watch out for though!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Eeeeek I’ve been signed off (stress) for my last three weeks of work. Going in on Monday to do a handover but then I’m free! Not exactly how I wanted to leave but my manager is understanding and I feel better knowing I only have to get through one more day. So technically I guess I’m on maternity leave?! What will I do for the next six weeks 🙈
I’ve been on Mat leave for 2 weeks now and it’s gone so fast 😅 and I havnt achieved anything off my to do list 😂. Spent a lot of time on the sofa with tea and biscuits

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Last time I started my mat leave at 37 weeks, enjoyed it for about a week and then slowly went insane with waiting for a further 4 weeks until I was induced at 42 weeks.

However with the benefit of hindsight and the madness of a toddler I think I would now relax and enjoy a few weeks of mat leave in a way I couldn't before!

Reactions: 6
I’ve been offered a stretch and sweep at the end of next week for my 40 week apt. Are they worth it or is it worth just sitting it out a little longer 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Sorry if this makes you feel worse but I’m 34 weeks and threw up yesterday morning 😩
Oh man! I mean I wouldn’t mind a resurgence if it actually went away in the middle bit 😂. Did you ever take any time off with it? Most days I’m making it through, but not really feeling my best. It’s sitting with the sticky feeling that’s difficult.

Had a pregnancy massage today. My right hip is really hurting, as in, it even hurts to get off the sofa therapist said she can tell my looking at it and baby is pushing it out. Only 37 weeks! I had my first baby at 40+8. No way I'd last that long again... (planned section booked). Anyone else struggling?

Hi all.

Can anyone please tell me how long they stayed in for after a planned c-section and what week they were booked in for?

Im realising all births are different but I am just wondering what’s average for a uncomplicated birth with no NICU?

Would appreciate hearing any experiences to help me pack! Thanks.

Oh man! I mean I wouldn’t mind a resurgence if it actually went away in the middle bit 😂. Did you ever take any time off with it? Most days I’m making it through, but not really feeling my best. It’s sitting with the sticky feeling that’s difficult.
I did in my first pregnancy as I was throwing up all day and I worked in an office. This time I work from home so managed to get through and it also wasn’t quite as bad. It did go away mostly but I’ve always still felt a bit pukey first thing and occasionally get sick if I don’t eat quick enough

• Heart
I’ve bought 3 cots, a huge cot bed, a kinderkraft travel cot for the living room and a Moses basket for my mothers house 😭 after setting up the nursery along with the cot bed I’ve realised that I have to disassemble it to bring it into my room and it’s so big it will take up space in my room 😭 would I be mad if I buy another cot and if so have you any recommendations? Not the next2me as I think they look too clinical
I've got the snuzpod 4 and it's brilliant

@Sunshinegal are you ok? Sorry to keep pestering you but I’ve been worried about you since your post about your leg. If you go into A&E they can do some tests and scan your leg to see if you have a clot. Please do this if your worried. I was 21, not overweight never smoked and no risk factors etc and it happened to me. It very well might not be DVT but ruling it out is SO worth it x

• Heart
Reading posts about pregnacare vitamins, I took them and they made me feel awful. I’d take them at night and still feel sick in the morning. I’ve not taken any since 12 weeks just trying to eat more fruit and veg, I know I need vitamin d tablets but do I need to be taking everything else? I can’t deal with the constipation again 😭

@Sunshinegal are you ok? Sorry to keep pestering you but I’ve been worried about you since your post about your leg. If you go into A&E they can do some tests and scan your leg to see if you have a clot. Please do this if your worried. I was 21, not overweight never smoked and no risk factors etc and it happened to me. It very well might not be DVT but ruling it out is SO worth it x
Was just coming here to see if she was ok too

• Heart
Hiya,

Thanks girls, that's nice you've thought of me. I've been up and down today as I'm just confused after seeing the doctor.

No I haven't gone to A&E yet. It still hurts but she said it's not swollen and that's what they look for first. Was yours? I thought that was one symptom of it. And that I should wait and if it stays the same or worse over the weekend go to A&E. So I didn't know what to do. I mean she didn't seem like she knew what to do but then she didn't send me and was saying its not swollen so I might just have something else. I've had it up most the afternoon which helps as it's worse when I'm up or walking. I'm gonna see how tonight is. If no better I'm going in the morning I'm not waiting the weekend. Hoping it just goes back to normal though! X

• Heart
Reading posts about pregnacare vitamins, I took them and they made me feel awful. I’d take them at night and still feel sick in the morning. I’ve not taken any since 12 weeks just trying to eat more fruit and veg, I know I need vitamin d tablets but do I need to be taking everything else? I can’t deal with the constipation again 😭
As long as you're eating a balanced diet, you don't really need the rest 😊

Reactions: 2
Hiya,

Thanks girls, that's nice you've thought of me. I've been up and down today as I'm just confused after seeing the doctor.

No I haven't gone to A&E yet. It still hurts but she said it's not swollen and that's what they look for first. Was yours? I thought that was one symptom of it. And that I should wait and if it stays the same or worse over the weekend go to A&E. So I didn't know what to do. I mean she didn't seem like she knew what to do but then she didn't send me and was saying its not swollen so I might just have something else. I've had it up most the afternoon which helps as it's worse when I'm up or walking. I'm gonna see how tonight is. If no better I'm going in the morning I'm not waiting the weekend. Hoping it just goes back to normal though! X
I didn't have any swelling with mine.
It was warn to touch though.
But it's better to get checked ASAP because they can move pretty quick up to your lungs!

Hiya,

I didn’t have any cramps swelling etc and mine went straight up to my lungs. I can’t believe how crap the GP has been. Your 5 times more likely to get a blood clot while pregnant she should have sent you straight to A and E. Yes definitely go tomorrow morning. If it is, early detection is key lovely x

Hiya,

GPs, I feel are useless when it comes to pregnant women. So are A&E doctors. If you are worried, I would call the pregnancy advice line. They will be open 24/7 or speak to your midwife. Someone who knows something about being pregnant whether they’ve been pregnant or they’ve studied pregnant women x

Midwife gave me a load of free ones, must be an initiate they're doing (I'm in the north). She told me not to buy anymore from the shops. I've got so many left will probably continue to take once baby here

Hi all.

Can anyone please tell me how long they stayed in for after a planned c-section and what week they were booked in for?

Im realising all births are different but I am just wondering what’s average for a uncomplicated birth with no NICU?

Would appreciate hearing any experiences to help me pack! Thanks.
I have had 2 sections. I was booked in at 39 weeks for the first, and then 39+1 for the second (as the day before was fully booked). In my hospital they want you as close to 39 weeks as possible. We had no issues with myself or baby after either, so totally uncomplicated in that respect. First section was pre covid and I was in 2 nights. Second section was in April and I was out after one night. They did say I could stay longer but I was keen to be home, and was actually totally fine.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.