Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all.

Can anyone please tell me how long they stayed in for after a planned c-section and what week they were booked in for?

Im realising all births are different but I am just wondering what’s average for a uncomplicated birth with no NICU?

Would appreciate hearing any experiences to help me pack! Thanks.
I had my section at 32+6 & Even with NICU I was in for three nights before I was discharged home. They were going to discharge day 2 but I needed an iron infusion

Reactions: 4
I didn't have any swelling with mine.
It was warn to touch though.
But it's better to get checked ASAP because they can move pretty quick up to your lungs!
I didn’t have any cramps swelling etc and mine went straight up to my lungs. I can’t believe how crap the GP has been. Your 5 times more likely to get a blood clot while pregnant she should have sent you straight to A and E. Yes definitely go tomorrow morning. If it is, early detection is key lovely x
GPs, I feel are useless when it comes to pregnant women. So are A&E doctors. If you are worried, I would call the pregnancy advice line. They will be open 24/7 or speak to your midwife. Someone who knows something about being pregnant whether they’ve been pregnant or they’ve studied pregnant women x
Did your pain get worse and worse? Stay the same? I don't think mine is any worse now than it was. Its not red or anything. I will go in the morning if I'm the same. Hoping it goes down a bit. The gp confused me tbh I didn't know whether to feel relieved or worse! If she'd said straight out no it's not that then fine but the whole not really knowing just made me unsure. But she obvoously didn't think it was likely as she'd have sent me surely?!

Reactions: 1
Did your pain get worse and worse? Stay the same? I don't think mine is any worse now than it was. Its not red or anything. I will go in the morning if I'm the same. Hoping it goes down a bit. The gp confused me tbh I didn't know whether to feel relieved or worse! If she'd said straight out no it's not that then fine but the whole not really knowing just made me unsure. But she obvoously didn't think it was likely as she'd have sent me surely?!
My leg pain has always stayed the same. It’s like a full ache all day everyday. Honestly, my GP puts the fear of god in me. Twice through this pregnancy, they’ve sent Me for 2 things and have put the ‘C’ word in so I get seen quicker 🙄
Did they give you a number for a pregnancy advice line? I’ve rang them a couple of times, and they’ve always been good, and never waited longer than 10 minutes for someone to answer xx

If anyone is looking to bulk buy - pampers size 1 nappies are 6 packs for £30 on boots online today. If you spend over £40 you get £4 off your total too. So handy to stock up on wipes etc if you need too ☺
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but how do you know what size to buy?! Should I stock up on size 1 only for the first few weeks? I have no idea haha. I want to make use of this offer!!

Hi all.

Can anyone please tell me how long they stayed in for after a planned c-section and what week they were booked in for?

Im realising all births are different but I am just wondering what’s average for a uncomplicated birth with no NICU?

Would appreciate hearing any experiences to help me pack! Thanks.
I was home the next day. Had mine at 39+3

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but how do you know what size to buy?! Should I stock up on size 1 only for the first few weeks? I have no idea haha. I want to make use of this offer!!
I wouldn’t stock up on nappies, if I’m honest. You never know what nappy will suit best. The baby might not get on with them and leak and then You’re stuck with nappies that are rubbish
On the packs of nappies, it will give a certain weight and that’s how you will know.
For example - pampers size 1 is for babies 2-5kg, size 2 is 4-8kg, size 3 is 6-10kg etc…
Also, shop around. I don’t really like pampers and think they’re overrated x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I wouldn’t stock up on nappies, if I’m honest. You never know what nappy will suit best. The baby might not get on with them and leak and the. You’re stuck with nappies that are rubbish
On the packs of nappies, it with give a certain weight and that’s how you will know. For example - pampers size 1 is for babies 2-5kg, size 2 is 4-8kg, size 3 is 6-10kg etc…
Also, shop around. I don’t really like pampers and think they’re overrated x
Agree with this! Morrisons nutmeg are the only ones that haven't leaked with us and it's £1.75 for 50 nappies versus £7 for pampers!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Agree about the nappies too. We've tried m&s ones, Tesco ones and 2 different kinds of pampers so far. 😩

Agree with this! Morrisons nutmeg are the only ones that haven't leaked with us and it's £1.75 for 50 nappies versus £7 for pampers!
I haven’t tried the nutmeg ones, but a neighbour gave me pull-ups for my toddler as she bought the wrong ones, and they were really good!
We’ve had leaks with sainsburys newborn, Aldi newborn, Tesco newborn and I think we had Asda newborn, then moved to Tesco and Aldi when they went into the bigger size 3/4/5s
Honestly, I’d much prefer to try the cheaper supermarket brands before spending loads on pampers!

My pain stayed the same until I tried to ‘fix’ it thinking I had a trapped nerve. Walking was really painful but I didn’t have any other symptoms like swelling or redness so reading symptoms of a DVT did not match for me. But as mentioned when I tried to fix it with yoga and by seeing an osteopath, I woke up in extreme pain, swelling and unable to walk.

I rang 111 and they immediately made an appointment for me and the next minute I’m in hospital being seen to and was put on blood thinners until I could go for a scan. Turns out it had just got worse and worse, I had a very large clot which went from my calf to upper thigh.

I waited faaaar too long to ask for help but again it’s easy to not want to cause a fuss. I had quite a few doctors who were surprised I had suffered with this because I’m active, 27 and pretty healthy with no prior family history.

i really recommend calling 111 tonight or tomorrow first thing. I don’t want to scare you but I wish I’d have heard other people’s stories when I wasn’t sure what the pain was. It’s not worth the wait x

You don’t need to buy loads of nappies, especially when you don’t know which ones will work best as others have said. Everyone prefers a different brand so just buy a few size 1 packs of whatever supermarket you go to and work from there. I’ve always found size 1 fine for newborn for the first month or so (I have average sized babies) and you change them so often then you don’t always get a chance for leaks etc as you do when you move on. Most people have a supermarket close by so it’s rare to run out of nappies really, and they are bulky to store.

• Heart
Agree about the cheaper nappies. We’ve had the sainsburys newborn ones, no leaks so far and fit baby really well. Our next door neighbour bought us three jumbo+ boxes of pampers - really kind of them but they’re just not as good so now I’m stuck with them!

Also, I swear by Aldi wipes. They are the only ones that haven’t been changed within the last 2 years and don’t fall apart and are nice and wet

(Aldi, if you’re reading this, please never change them 😂😂)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Size 1 is up to 11lbs I believe. So should last a few weeks. As I’m having twins I’m expecting to get through a lot of nappies 😩😅 I will switch to supermarket brand when they get a bit bigger to save ££.

edited to add - I’m stocking up on bits now to spread the cost.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
If anyone has thought of reusables, Cheeky Wipes are one of the best baby items we’ve ever owned. We have some still in use from our eldest (now 8.5). They clean so much better than disposable wet wipes and even if you don’t use cloth nappies they are easy to wash alone.

If anyone has thought of reusables, Cheeky Wipes are one of the best baby items we’ve ever owned. We have some still in use from our eldest (now 8.5). They clean so much better than disposable wet wipes and even if you don’t use cloth nappies they are easy to wash alone.
I might try these this time round, or something similar. We go through wipes like there’s no tomorrow!

Have you got an Aldi nearby? I bought these yesterday, obviously not used them yet, but they look quite good?
Oooh see we are doing well with the "Pampers premium" and these look a good dupe! When we are released from our covid prison I shall have to investigate. Thanks!

I second reusables! So much easier than disposable especially with two!

Reactions: 3
I’m really intrigued about these - I have reusable sanitary pads and make up pads and think they’re far superior and would definitely be interested in looking at something like this. Cloth nappies terrify me if I’m honest 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.