Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The ickle bubba, have you looked at the reviews?
I think it’s that version. You have to un clip both sides of the car seat at the same time which you can’t do and lift it up. It’s a massive faff trying to shimmy one side, use your knee/elbow, or you need two people.

I didn’t want to spend £1k on a pram I don’t know how much we’ll use either hence the second hand but I’d rather have done so than been unable to manage by myself getting in and out the car, difficult up/down mechanism, catching a finger everytime on poor build etc. You really need to have a go with them and see because there is a big difference, I was surprised
That's good to know, I hadn't come across any comments about the car seat, but I'll have a look into it. Thank you.

That's good to know, I hadn't come across any comments about the car seat, but I'll have a look into it. Thank you.
Just double check the version, might me something they’ve fixed now if it was an earlier one x

Reactions: 1
Hey ladies, just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation pram wise as me, I'm 13 weeks pregnant and I already have a 15 month old, I'm debating if I'm going to need a double buggy? My little boy has been walking confidently since 9 months and when he's out the pram he hates to get back in, I'm just worried if I stick to a single and he gets tired am I in for a meltdown 😂 I thought about a buggy board but Ive never used one any advice? Thanks (my son will be 21 months when baby is here)
I haven’t had ones that close in age, our smallest gap has been 2.5yrs. But you can get little buggy boards with seats (or removable seats) pretty cheaply on eBay, ours was £20, so you could get one and see how you go, and then if it isn’t working well get a double. Personally I don’t love a buggy board as I find they stick out in the way of my feet a little, but they do the job on short trips.

You could also look in to a sling for baby, so if your toddler gets tired you can pop him in the buggy and baby in the sling.

I never had a wrap carrier for my daughter but think I might order one of these for this baby 🤔 it might be handy with having my 4 yr old too this time round
I definitely find it essential with older kids. Being at the park etc is so much easier when you can move about easily and use both hands freely rather than fussing with a buggy. But everyone is different!

Argh just been on a pushchair rabbit hole on the John Lewis website thanks to you all haha. I kind of think I want one of the three wheeler ones which you can convert from a bassinet into a running pushchair when they’re old enough, anyone any thoughts on how practical (or otherwise) this might be?!

Also had my 12 week scan letter through the post for 15 Feb! Will be exactly 12 weeks on the day. My local NHS trust (so far) have been SO impressively efficient (when it comes to maternity stuff anyway...)

Reactions: 4
Yeah I will definitely be getting a sling too. I want a decent but not crazy expensive pram since I have no idea whether I will opt for a sling more or the pram more and won't know until I start using both anyway. I'm tiny and weak so the sling could get annoying if I go far, but might be super handy for just popping out to the local shop. The pram will be good to push about but annoying to navigate the tube with.
Its just total guesswork until the baby is here and you have tried everything out to see what works best!

Would you suggest
Argh just been on a pushchair rabbit hole on the John Lewis website thanks to you all haha. I kind of think I want one of the three wheeler ones which you can convert from a bassinet into a running pushchair when they’re old enough, anyone any thoughts on how practical (or otherwise) this might be?!

Also had my 12 week scan letter through the post for 15 Feb! Will be exactly 12 weeks on the day. My local NHS trust (so far) have been SO impressively efficient (when it comes to maternity stuff anyway...)
ive got mine on the 19th I wish I had this much luck with who I have been dealing with however I don’t know about you guys but I know so many people who are pregnant at the moment x

Reactions: 3
Anyone go for a wee and just sit there for ages cos you can't be bothered to move? Or just me?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Anyone go for a wee and just sit there for ages cos you can't be bothered to move? Or just me?
If I am alone I drag it out as long as I can 🤣 usually got an accompaniment of small versions of myself though 🙄

I suppose it depends exactly what you want from your pram. For me, I couldn’t have one like that as they’d have to be outward facing from a very young age, and my preference is for parent facing at all ages

Reactions: 2
Haha yes 😂 I think my partner must think I poop 20 times a day 😂

Hey ladies, just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation pram wise as me, I'm 13 weeks pregnant and I already have a 15 month old, I'm debating if I'm going to need a double buggy? My little boy has been walking confidently since 9 months and when he's out the pram he hates to get back in, I'm just worried if I stick to a single and he gets tired am I in for a meltdown 😂 I thought about a buggy board but Ive never used one any advice? Thanks (my son will be 21 months when baby is here)
My daughter will be almost 3 when baby comes but we're going to get a buggy board with a seat because whilst she will walk fine, she isn't used to walking long distance if we went for a day out or something.
My partner will be pushing the pram then though because I trip up just normally, nevermind with a buggy board on the back 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Had a minor meltdown earlier to my husband. Just realised I don’t have a clue what type of stroller we need or how many layers a newborn should wear or what type of thing baby should sleep in. Feel like I know nothing and don’t want to mess up. What’s the best way to learn this stuff?! There’s so many products out there how do you figure out what you actually need? Feeling a bit overwhelmed.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Had a minor meltdown earlier to my husband. Just realised I don’t have a clue what type of stroller we need or how many layers a newborn should wear or what type of thing baby should sleep in. Feel like I know nothing and don’t want to mess up. What’s the best way to learn this stuff?! There’s so many products out there how do you figure out what you actually need? Feeling a bit overwhelmed.
I would say google is your best option.
I didn't know a single thing when I had my first. I'd never changed a nappy, I'd never fed or burped a baby.

Type of pushchair is completely up to you as long as they're obviously from birth if you're going to be using it then.

As for layers, I think I read before that babies should be in 1 more layer than 1 🤔 I think.

I think the amount of information out there now is actually a bit of a curse to new mothers. Please rest assured that you aren’t the only mum to be who has felt this way, and also know that it all just slots in to place. You figure out what works for you and your baby very quickly, it will come as second nature to you.

Even now (going to be baby 4) I wonder “how will I know when they need their nappy changed?” and things like that. But you are with this little person 24/7 and you very quickly get to know what they need.

Layers wise, in the house mine wear a short sleeved vest and a babygro, no matter the season. Unless it’s boiling hot of course! But I haven’t had any summer newborns so never an issue!

I am guessing you have done what I did what do babies wear when they are born what do I need to buy? What is the best pram? Etc I am being sincere here when I say I know hardly anything too like I don’t know where to start. You won’t mess up this sounds odd but when we had my step son over night I was only 24 and he was a baby still for some reason I just knew what to do like bathing him and burping him feeding him dressing him. I look back now and I am so proud of myself and how he is now. I used to google loads of things like can he have a pillow, what is the sleeping bag I put him in at night. I still feel like I know nothing but I also know somehow you try your best and google usually has the answers. Try not to worry we have a while to read up on things xx

• Heart
When you have no baby siblings, nieces/nephews or friends with kids it’s such an unknown isn’t it? I feel the same! Although I do know how to change a nappy - my husband and I once ‘babysat’ our friends’ kid whilst they popped out for an hour or so and of course she did a massive poo. My husband had a complete meltdown and was like a headless chicken. Bodes well for when we have an actual child of our own 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When you have no baby siblings, nieces/nephews or friends with kids it’s such an unknown isn’t it? I feel the same! Although I do know how to change a nappy - my husband and I once ‘babysat’ our friends’ kid whilst they popped out for an hour or so and of course she did a massive poo. My husband had a complete meltdown and was like a headless chicken. Bodes well for when we have an actual child of our own 😂
My husband didn’t change a poo nappy until after I went back to work and he had no choice 😂 I was the same when I was pregnant with my first just didn’t have a clue about anything, i kind of just got the hang of it after she was born. When we got back home from the hospital with her the first thing I did was burst out crying though not sure if it was my hormones or the fear of having to look after a baby 😂

I will say when you leave the hospital with your first baby it’s very much like “are they seriously letting us take a baby home? By ourselves?” 🤣 I couldn’t believe we were just able to walk out with my eldest and take her hone to do whatever. I felt like such a fraud!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Haha I’m intending to breastfeed which will give me plenty of time on the sofa and means I can guilt my husband into taking care of the dirty nappies when he is around 😂

Reactions: 7
My husband didn’t change a poo nappy until after I went back to work and he had no choice 😂 I was the same when I was pregnant with my first just didn’t have a clue about anything, i kind of just got the hang of it after she was born. When we got back home from the hospital with her the first thing I did was burst out crying though not sure if it was my hormones or the fear of having to look after a baby 😂
I had absolutely no idea about babies beyond the 6 months stage - we tend to discharge them before they're doing the exciting things! 😂 I was very thankful to have a knowledgeable DH. I was fine with newborns, breastfeeding was (thankfully) fairly straightforward once we got going, got the hang of cloth nappies pretty quickly, but they minute they started walking and talking, I was way out of my depth 🤪

• Haha
My partner and myself used to have to put tea towels over our noses when we changed nappies for his son and I used to gag honestly don’t know what he will be like this time 🤣🤣🥲

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.