Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha I couldn't see the lines either but didn't want to comment because I don't like saying I can't see anything when people have their hopes high 😂
I could see the line on the tests but I am one of those that when ttc I would take a test 10dpo and look at the result in every angle and the best lighting to try and see a second line 😂

Reactions: 2
When did you all go look at and buy prams?
I feel like I'm being a bit premature at 14wks but I'm also too excited 😂
I'm 15w and hoping to look soonish. There is a baby place near be that is open by appointment to look at things like prams and carseats etc where you need a demo, but you can't just walk around a john lewis or something.
I want to get an idea of price more than anything as the range for prams is so huge! We live in a flat and need something really light and easy to put up and down so I don't want to risk ordering online without trying it in person.

Anyone who hasn’t bought their pram yet - what are you thinking of getting? I don’t need one, but I like to perv in other peoples choices 🤣
We have a baby jogger city mini GT. When this 4th one arrives the big two will move in to the back row of seats and so our old pram (a My3 from mothercare 8yrs ago!) wouldn’t fit in to the space. The GT folds nice and small and fits perfectly. It’s for my 2yo, and all our stuff, as baby will be in the sling. It’s also so easy to fold, I wish we had one years ago!

@Mel17 ❤❤ That’s fabulous to see the digi. Fingers crossed!

Anyone who hasn’t bought their pram yet - what are you thinking of getting? I don’t need one, but I like to perv in other peoples choices 🤣
We have a baby jogger city mini GT. When this 4th one arrives the big two will move in to the back row of seats and so our old pram (a My3 from mothercare 8yrs ago!) wouldn’t fit in to the space. The GT folds nice and small and fits perfectly. It’s for my 2yo, and all our stuff, as baby will be in the sling. It’s also so easy to fold, I wish we had one years ago!

I have an icandy peach, I bought it as a travel system with the maxi cosi cabriofix car seat and adapters, I bought the isofix base separately

I brought my Pram at 28 weeks, mostly because it was my dream Pram - Egg & was on Facebook market place & like new for £200. Otherwise I’d have probably waited a bit.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

From a super quick google so far the Babyzen Yoyo seems to tick a lot of boxes for us. Haven't ever tried it, or seen any pram in person but we need something really light, that folds quickly and small. Easy to get up and down stairs on the tube, small enough to go around a narrow corridor in our flat, needs to fit in our tiny boot etc.

Any of you guys have any experience with this one or recommend another small, light pram?

Reactions: 1
I have heard the icandy peach is good I like the look of it! I also like the Egg stroller and also cybex Priam x
It’s a great pram/stroller Iv had it for years and using it for the new baby because it’s still in great condition and I want my money’s worth 😂 I love the egg stroller too, if I had sold my icandy pram I probably would have bought the egg this time

Baby was successfully turned. The ECV always painful but brief.

Pram wise - We’ve got a second hand (great condition, got some new fabrics) bugaboo chameleon for the early bit but I’ve got my eye on a baby jogger when she’s a bit older and we don’t need the full travel system option. I’ll be moving on to that soon as is reasonable, we’ll buy new then. Plan to use a sling/carrier a lot too. Joie for the car seat, Which Best Buy, I think Ijemm.

We went to John Lewis and narrowed it down, the chameleon was the best fit for our needs - always car, no public transport, rural walks, pushing on grass - we liked some of the Icandy for lightness and the fact that baby could sleep in carry cot and the Uppababy were all round smart too.
I’d personally avoid icklebubba. I’d rather a more user friendly second hand option than a new one of them for my money.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Ok, I’m being so thick now so be nice. Is there a place called pram centre or places that just sell prams? Anyone recommend the best places to go?
I got mine from Lesters Nurseryworld as it is local.
Edit: got an Uppababy Vista V2 with Cybex Cloud Z car seat, shop had a Black Friday bundle so saved £200

Last edited:
From a super quick google so far the Babyzen Yoyo seems to tick a lot of boxes for us. Haven't ever tried it, or seen any pram in person but we need something really light, that folds quickly and small. Easy to get up and down stairs on the tube, small enough to go around a narrow corridor in our flat, needs to fit in our tiny boot etc.

Any of you guys have any experience with this one or recommend another small, light pram?
I’ve heard it’s great for city living. A sling would be handy too for on and off the tube, means you don’t have to fuss about stairs/escalators/waiting for a lift.

I've had a Mamas and Papas sola for 8 years, used daily with 2 kids.
But want a new one as the wheel is pretty much falling off 😂 but our budget is tight so looking at the Kinderkraft XMoov as it's £279 including a carset and I quite like the look of it!

I could see the line on the tests but I am one of those that when ttc I would take a test 10dpo and look at the result in every angle and the best lighting to try and see a second line 😂
I started to doubt my ability to see squinters
For a minute!! 😂 I was testing from 10DPO and even downloaded an app where you can upload pics of your test anonymously and get strangers to tell you if they think it’s positive or negative 😂 totally forgot about that. So desperate to get pregnant with this baby!

I’ve heard it’s great for city living. A sling would be handy too for on and off the tube, means you don’t have to fuss about stairs/escalators/waiting for a lift.
Yeah I will definitely be getting a sling too. I want a decent but not crazy expensive pram since I have no idea whether I will opt for a sling more or the pram more and won't know until I start using both anyway. I'm tiny and weak so the sling could get annoying if I go far, but might be super handy for just popping out to the local shop. The pram will be good to push about but annoying to navigate the tube with.
Its just total guesswork until the baby is here and you have tried everything out to see what works best!

Would you suggest sling over a carrier? Or is it sling for tiny baby carrier for an older baby?

We went to Glasgow Pram centre for a look but bought online from John Lewis! We got the Oyster 3 and went for the whole travel system x

Yeah I will definitely be getting a sling too. I want a decent but not crazy expensive pram since I have no idea whether I will opt for a sling more or the pram more and won't know until I start using both anyway. I'm tiny and weak so the sling could get annoying if I go far, but might be super handy for just popping out to the local shop. The pram will be good to push about but annoying to navigate the tube with.
Its just total guesswork until the baby is here and you have tried everything out to see what works best!

Would you suggest sling over a carrier? Or is it sling for tiny baby carrier for an older baby?
You are so right, nobody knows what will work until the baby is here, and I found what we used (transport wise) changed as baby grew anyway, so it’s not even a constant (like all things with babies!)

For a newborn baby I prefer a stretchy wrap (will link the one I have below). I find they are just nice and soft and hold a newborn lovely and close and tight, without being too bulky. As they get a bit older (6-9mo, depending on size, my son was huge, my second daughter was teeny!!) I like a carrier like a Tula instead. But again I think it’s persona preference.

Reactions: 3
You are so right, nobody knows what will work until the baby is here, and I found what we used (transport wise) changed as baby grew anyway, so it’s not even a constant (like all things with babies!)

For a newborn baby I prefer a stretchy wrap (will link the one I have below). I find they are just nice and soft and hold a newborn lovely and close and tight, without being too bulky. As they get a bit older (6-9mo, depending on size, my son was huge, my second daughter was teeny!!) I like a carrier like a Tula instead. But again I think it’s persona preference.

I never had a wrap carrier for my daughter but think I might order one of these for this baby 🤔 it might be handy with having my 4 yr old too this time round

I don't really know where to start with prams/travel systems, but have been looking into them recently. I have two on my list that seem decent and not too overpriced?! If anyone has any experience with them, let me know!

Joie Versatrax Travel System

Ickle Bubba Stomp V4 All in One Travel System

My mum has offered to pay for a pram, probably feeling guilty after her shitshow reaction at Christmas and how "disappointed" she was, so can probably get a good one out of her, but I don't think I could ever justify a £1000+ pram!

Last edited:
I don't really know where to start with prams/travel systems, but have been looking into them recently. I have two on my list that seem decent and not too overpriced?! If anyone has any experience with them, let me know!

Joie Versatrax Travel System

Ickle Bubba Stomp V4 All in One Travel System

My mum has offered to pay for a pram, probably feeling guilty after her shitshow reaction at Christmas and how "disappointed" she was, so can probably get a good one out of her, but I don't think I could ever justify at £1000+ pram!
The ickle bubba, have you looked at the reviews?
I think it’s that version. You have to un clip both sides of the car seat at the same time which you can’t do and lift it up. It’s a massive faff trying to shimmy one side, use your knee/elbow, or you need two people.

I didn’t want to spend £1k on a pram I don’t know how much we’ll use either hence the second hand but I’d rather have done so than been unable to manage by myself getting in and out the car, difficult up/down mechanism, catching a finger everytime on poor build etc. You really need to have a go with them and see because there is a big difference, I was surprised

Last edited:
Hey ladies, just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation pram wise as me, I'm 13 weeks pregnant and I already have a 15 month old, I'm debating if I'm going to need a double buggy? My little boy has been walking confidently since 9 months and when he's out the pram he hates to get back in, I'm just worried if I stick to a single and he gets tired am I in for a meltdown 😂 I thought about a buggy board but Ive never used one any advice? Thanks (my son will be 21 months when baby is here)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.