Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I quite like the idea too I think. This pregnancy is pretty miraculous to have happened at all, lots of coincidental dates and things around it that seem ‘meant to be’. I know not everyone buys into that but it’s comforting to me.

Having said that, I wouldn’t go for it just for a date if it’s better for her to stay put obviously. Just want to be prepared in case I’m emotional.

Monday I’m booked for the ECV - I’m sure she hasn’t turned herself as yet. It may all be irrelevant if she doesn’t turn 😫
Is baby full on breech or just on the side? Mine was sideways and moved easily and stayed head down thank god. But they still class you as higher risk after having the ecv. My midwife was shocked when I said they’d offered it last week. There is a few other factors for why they did. But she didn’t think they were major enough to induce at 39 weeks.

Finally a midwife rang me!! Aparently I have a call for an hour on Sunday evening is this what you all had during covid? X

Reactions: 7
Is baby full on breech or just on the side? Mine was sideways and moved easily and stayed head down thank god. But they still class you as higher risk after having the ecv. My midwife was shocked when I said they’d offered it last week. There is a few other factors for why they did. But she didn’t think they were major enough to induce at 39 weeks.
Ah well maybe they’d be unlikely to offer induction then.
She’s balled up right in the middle so full breech (I can actually feel her head between my ribs) but wasn’t into the pelvis so they think there’s a good chance at turning her.
Part of me wants to just go for a planned c-section given the increased risk even if she does turn but I don’t want the stay in hospital after because it’d be alone and don’t want her Dad to miss out.
Covid is such a massive bastard it makes everything much more difficult.

Reactions: 3
I don’t know if this is asking too much information but what does an induction involve? I’m 30 weeks pregnant with my 4th, midwives want an induction because of babies size- on the 99th percentile & how my previous baby was over 10lbs. All my previous births have been spontaneous and rather quick with no complications, so induction is new to me.

Reactions: 1
I don’t know if this is asking too much information but what does an induction involve? I’m 30 weeks pregnant with my 4th, midwives want an induction because of babies size- on the 99th percentile & how my previous baby was over 10lbs. All my previous births have been spontaneous and rather quick with no complications, so induction is new to me.
When I had one, I went in, they inserted a pessary thing to see if that would start.
And then 4 hours after the pessary, they start the drip in your hand. And slowly increase it to get labour going.
You'll normally have someone in with you monitoring you constantly once you're on the drip
And that's it really.

Finally a midwife rang me!! Aparently I have a call for an hour on Sunday evening is this what you all had during covid? X
Yeah this is what I had too.
Although it lasted around half an hour but that's because they already had a lot of the information

I was induced on my due date and she wasn’t ready to come out.

I had 3 pessarys over 4 days (like a tiny tampon type thing).. on the 5th day my waters broke only ever so slightly, then I was bought onto the drip thing to bring on contractions and she came on day 6!

She definitely was not ready but all worth it in the end. Luckily there was a costa next door so I had loads of paninis and frap things every day 😋

Reactions: 2
I’ve had two inductions, but I believe they use different methods in different places.

On the day I went in, had some monitoring and checks and then they inserted a pessary. I wasn’t allowed to go home. Checks throughout the day to make sure all was well. With my first, I didn’t progress at all so on the second morning I was moved to the labour room and given a syntocin drip. Constant monitoring from that point, attached to the monitors all day. That for baby out in 9hrs.

My second I just had the pessary and he came about 12 hours later.

With both my waters were artificially broken to speed labour up.

Reactions: 2
Induction is a process with various steps, if they are offering you one have they discussed it with you?

I should add to mine too that they only did 1 pessary for me as my waters had been leaking for over 12 hours so didn't want to wait longer

Hi all!
I’ve never posted here before, I’m just looking for a little bit of advice.
I’m currently 5 weeks pregnant with my first baby.
I’m still on probation with my current job, and do not want to tell them just yet as I feel they may get rid of me because of it (honestly really wouldn’t put it past them, they’ll find a way 🙄 my manager is a real cow) My probation does end at the beginning of Feb so thinking of telling them early March.
I occasionally have to do some very heavy lifting and obviously can’t do so any more, but how do I get around not telling them but also avoiding the lifting?

• Heart
Hi all!
I’ve never posted here before, I’m just looking for a little bit of advice.
I’m currently 5 weeks pregnant with my first baby.
I’m still on probation with my current job, and do not want to tell them just yet as I feel they may get rid of me because of it (honestly really wouldn’t put it past them, they’ll find a way 🙄 my manager is a real cow) My probation does end at the beginning of Feb so thinking of telling them early March.
I occasionally have to do some very heavy lifting and obviously can’t do so any more, but how do I get around not telling them but also avoiding the lifting?
I would say to maybe tell them you've injured your back. But then again, they can use that as a reason to get rid of you too if you're on probation 😬 so it might be difficult because we'll, on probation, they don't even need a reason. So you might be better off telling them the real reason

I actually don’t mind not like I could be doing something else as nothing is open least they called me 😁 x
Now she rang back to cancel because I am 6 and a bit weeks absolute jokers. What am I to expect for this blood work if I ever get it done? X

• Sad
Now she rang back to cancel because I am 6 and a bit weeks absolute jokers. What am I to expect for this blood work if I ever get it done? X
I didn’t have my booking appt til 8-9 weeks and my bloods were done when I came for my 12 weeks scan

My booking appointment was at 10 weeks and then she got me an appointment for the week after at a centre where they were doing a bunch of bloods in one go

Hi newbie to the thread 👋
Can I ask, has everyone been having their booking appointments in person or video/telephone call?

Hi newbie to the thread 👋
Can I ask, has everyone been having their booking appointments in person or video/telephone call?
I don’t know if it’s the same here in NI, but at 12 weeks I had a quick scan, had my bloods and urine done, then had the rest of the appointment (the long boring questionnaire bit) over the phone later that same day.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.