Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Baby is back to back! Hopefully she turns otherwise I'm worried labour is gunna be bloody painful! Anyone had any experience in this? Bring on Friday 💪
Apparently there are some exercises on Spinning Babies that can help encourage them in to the right position. Good luck! How exciting you’re so close to meeting your baba!

Abear

Ive had depression for a long time now but I actually feel my everything has improved in recent months. Very worried about PND though.
Are you suffering prior to pregnancy and getting it tight or is pregnancy the reason?
I suffered prior to pregnancy but came off my medication around a year ago. It’s not just pregnancy related but it’s definitely contributing. I’m so worried about PND.

grumpycat

VIP Member
My sickness has completely gone in one day (it wasn’t as bad as usual yesterday and today it’s gone). I’m 11 weeks. Panic? Or normal? Does it normally stop all at once or gradually?
The placenta takes over about week 11 which is why you can feel better so try not to worry I think it’s normal 💖

Dipdab

VIP Member
Whats a reasonable amount of notice to expect for midwife appointments/scans? I need a decent amount of notice for work and the midwives attitude seems to be “well they have to give you time off for antenatal appointments”- that’s all we’ll and good but I want to keep some goodwill at work and not mess anyone around.
I’m so sorry ❤ Just an idea, I was referred through 111 and it only took about 10 minutes from making the call to having an appointment, is that an option for you?
I asked this as my boss always makes a song and dance about covering when I’m off to appointments 🙄. The midwife said to me my trust only book them about 2/3 weeks ahead. Which is not terrible but a lot of my colleagues are on shift so need more notice ideally to let them know

Is there anyone who’s pregnant with twins who had bad ass sickness? Or anyone else in general lol. I’m 14 weeks and on ondansetron and I’m still sick 2/3 times a day 😫 does it get better or am I doomed for the whole pregnancy? (Don’t worry I know you can’t answer that 😂). What did you guys do who were really sick to help? It’s driving me mad and I’m so drained

Savannah_xx

VIP Member
Think they mean they will only just have turned 4 and will practically be 3. For example, if born on 30th August and start school on 1st September, they will have only turned 4 the day before. If another child was born in September, they will have been 4 for almost a whole year and will turn 5 immediately after starting
Ah got ya, got ya. Mine would have at least 3/4 weeks of being 4 before going back but I get you!!
I worry about this and my eldest is a June baby so I can’t imagine how it feels to have an August one. They just feel so little! And I don’t feel like I’ve spent enough time with them 💔 my heart hurts just thinking about it 😅
People always say this but I don't think it's that bad too be honest, ok they're a bit younger than their peers but it is what it is 😂

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
Partners just said my bump has dropped massively in the past 24 hours. And I keep feeling like I need a week but think its baby boy pushing on something. Cramping and stomach tightness is starting to increase. Partner reckons its all going to happen in next 24 hours
Everything crossed for you!! X x

Jellybean093

VIP Member
Ladies I'm having a bit of a freak out!
I'm 14 weeks today with my 4th pregnancy, but I've never got as far as this before. Nausea has kinda stopped, constipation is very real and headaches are the bane of my life atm.
I am OBSESSED with how big my bump is (I'm carrying two) and I'm so worried I haven't grown much in a week.

I know it sounds silly but after 2 missed miscarriages you just know how nothing can determine that everything's ok. Symptoms mean nothing. Been seeing way too many ladies chat of 2nd trimester loss too and ugh, just having a day of it 😭
Ive had constant nausea with my last 2 pregnancies, which have eased off around 14/15 weeks. Are you taking folic acid still? Nausea is a symptom, so I stopped at 13 weeks, and it eased. Pretty sure it caused constipation too. I have been plagued with headaches the last 3 weeks (I’m 17 weeks) even though I have a high water intake. May be the weather?
Maybe take photos of your bump and compare. I don’t think you would grow much in a week (might be different with twins)
I know what you mean about 2nd trimester loss. It seems to be everywhere on Instagram and as much as I try to avoid, I always look and panic. I’ve never had this in my previous 3 pregnancies
If you are really worried, give your midwife a call and explain what has happened? Or maybe book in for a private scan?

WhatABore

VIP Member
Hi everyone. Was supposed to have a HBA1C blood test today because I'm higher risk for gestational diabetes (I wanted the proper test but this is all that was offered to me) however I got there and she missed the vein first time and I felt like I was gonna faint so I had to lie down and then she refused to try again because I wasn't feeling well and she didn't want to keep stabbing me. I wish I didn't leave without having it done as she's told me she will try at my next midwife appointment which is 3 weeks away (and I will be 34+2 weeks). I have read diabetes can be worse after 32 weeks so I have done nothing but cry since leaving because I can't have another 3 weeks of worry & not knowing (already waited 3 weeks to have this test). Does anyone know if there is any way to request a test to be done before then? I have no idea if it's possible and if so who I would ask. My midwife doesn't reply to texts so I don't know what to do. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated, sorry about the long post. Thanks guys 🥰
I haven't got much advice but do you have growth scans?
There are also symptoms that come with GD too so that can maybe stop you worrying slightly if you haven't got any symptoms 😊

Rubystaff

Ooh she didn't say anything about being induced!

I feel okay about it, everyone I have spoken too has been really chill about it, check ups have been fine and all my scans she's measuring correctly. They don't really give you much information which causes you to google which does make it scary! xx

@Rubystaff I was surprised of the waiting time from getting the letter and the consultant appointment, I got my letter in April and had the call at the beginning of July. Talk about time to stew! xx
I was supposed to find out in April at my 12 week booking appointment but the letter just didn’t get sent out to me so I only found out about 2 weeks ago!! 😂 I guess it’s a blessing in disguise as it’s less time to be worried 😂 but as you said, everyone has been so chill about it and I know a few people who had it and baby has always measured a normal size anyway! Xx

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
Oh I don’t know, when my husband puts it on full blast i feel like I’m being blown away!
Plus it’s super quiet so perfect to have on at night and smooth when it rotates round!
I guess it’s never going to be as good as an AC unit, but it’s the closest I will get 😅
Which one have you got please can you tell me I am desperate my hayfever is horrendous as well I feel so rough tonight all the worst symptoms. Hayfever running eyes itchy headache spd and restless legs I am a right moaner 🤪 does it purify as well? I have been looking at this one called a Mila but it’s not out yet 😭

AshW333

I’m not sure if anyone can offer any words of wisdom or if I should just suck it up, but has anyone else had quite severe pain in their boobs early on? Mine are so painful :eek: it seems to be getting worse too, and I wake up every night with them almost like throbbing which sounds weird 🤣 but the pain seems to worsen at night and in the early hours of the morning. I’m only about 7 weeks, I was expecting them to be tender but not as painful as they are!

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Hi ladies, maybe a but TMI but we are all in this together right?! I'm having incredibly sore boobs/ nipples a couple of times a day but more of an intense pain that lasts about 15 minutes and I can hardly cope. My boobs haven't really changed at all and I haven't had tenderness the whole pregnancy but in the last 2 weeks it's become unbearable for short bursts (I'm currently 38 weeks). I have a very high pain threshold and am usually pretty good at coping with random pains but I feel like someone is clamping my nipples down and can't help but writhe around on the sofa whilst moaning in pain! It's already putting my off breast feeding as if this is whatb t feels like, then not sure I will cope! It's so random- sometimes just one at a time and a couple of times a day and disappears as quickly as it starts. My boobs don't change during the pain- they just feel exactly like they did before, don't fill up or anything. I've tried expressing colostrum before, during and after but nothing as of yet. Do you think it is just hormones? Or should I ask at my next midwife appt? Anyone got any tips to help reduce the pain if you've experienced anything similar? X
I second the potential thrush, definitely speak to your GP. To reduce the pain maybe a cold compress?

And don’t let it put you off bf. If it is thrush it’s not the same pain as when you feed, I found it a much more intense, almost burning pain.

LilyRose1234

VIP Member
I've been up various points of the night with tight stomach and cramping
Somehow don't feel exhausted
Come on baby boy go and just come instead of playing these games
I feel for you! Had a couple of weeks where I lost my plug, had a show and had cramps everyday and was convinced everyday that would be the day. It’s so frustrating and does feel like they’re playing games!! He’ll be here soon enough though and it’ll all be worth it (in the meantime keep bouncing on your ball and have a curry 😬😂) 💙