Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Upintheair83

VIP Member
Hey ladies so iv finally graduated from this thread.... had the most beautiful little boy at 9.49am on Sunday, 7lbs and 8oz, after 16 hours of labour. Didn't have the birth I'd hoped for but all I can give for advice to mums to be is that hypnobirthing is such a good tool to use in order to prepare for birth. It just gives you a bit of control in situations that can feel overwhelming or scary during labour/ birth. My little bundle of joy was worth every moment of pain.
I wish all mums to be on here the very best and hope you all deliver healthy and happy babies. Thanks for all the advice over the months on here you've all been so wonderful xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 50

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Hi everyone, I’m okay. Tough times on potato farm, awaiting amino tests in 2 weeks. I go from feeling positive to sobbing as I’m trying to disconnect from this pregnancy. I have fractured tib&fib, so in an air boot.

Ill be back soon with sarcasm and swearing xxx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41

grumpycat

VIP Member
I forgot to update yesterday that we found out we are having a baby girl!! 💖 I’m so surprised! I said in my gut the entire time but I wasn’t sure I would be actually be right!

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Smallpotato

VIP Member
I’m going to meet with a midwife and a consultant tomorrow. I honestly feel like my heart is going to break.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Neo2021

VIP Member
I just wanted to say thank you to the little people in my phone (you guys) for always being there to keep me sane!
You’re all a proper lovely lot and I’m pleased to have you here to help me and to learn from! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Hey ladies! So we missed alot of the football last night as we were at the hospital, had alot of reduced movement (first time this pregnancy) so thought it's best to get it checked, little lady started to move abit but her heart rate was all over the place they weren't happy so had to stay on the monitor for hours! Also picked up some.contractions so they think im in early labor 😱 I'm due to be induced on Saturday and I have another consultant and scan tomorrow. So who knows when she will be here! Hope you ladies had a lovely weekend 😁🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 23

ishy1981

Newbie joining in! 25 weeks, first time mum to be after trying and fertility treatment for 10 years. I’ll be 40 when our boy arrives too. It’s all a bit overwhelming isn’t it? But thankfully pregnancy is being kind to me other than lots of lower back ache 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Neo2021

VIP Member
Ladies, I finally have a midwife!
She’s just rang, apologised a lot. And I’ve got my booking tomorrow at 4pm tomorrow over the phone and then she’ll make me an appointment at the surgery to do bloods etc x

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Partners just said my bump has dropped massively in the past 24 hours. And I keep feeling like I need a week but think its baby boy pushing on something. Cramping and stomach tightness is starting to increase. Partner reckons its all going to happen in next 24 hours

• Heart
  • Wow

eff29

Has anyone seen a heartbeat at 6 weeks on an early scan? X
Thank you for all of your helpful comments. I was terrified that I would panic if there wasn't a heartbeat, so wanted to be prepared.

Had my scan at EPU, and all okay! Baby had a heartbeat, which was so surreal to see. I'm measuring a little before 6 weeks now. Thought I'd feel a lot more emotional, as it was the exact same room I found out we'd lost our last baby, but I'm so glad that room now has happy memories in.

Thank you everyone for all of your helpful comments again ❤ here's hoping this baby sticks 🤞 but feeling hopeful now we have a heartbeat. ♥

• Heart

Hbirdette

VIP Member
Why do I feel like if I say my child’s name, someone from “real life” will find me on tattle and hunt me down 😂😂 it’s not like I put anything else personal on here 🥴... how would anyone know if my nipples got big or my vagina swelled 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Where are all the babies?! I was so sure loads would appear last thread, think it was the grand total of ONE. Come on ladies! Mine is 11 weeks old now (😭) I need to live vicariously through you lot!

• Heart
  • Haha

littlepup

VIP Member
With regard to stories from friends, please only make your decisions on what you feel rather than others’ opinions and expectations. I made the mistake of making vaginal birth ‘better’ in my mind and I really wish I could have escaped that and seen what was best for me and my pregnancy.

People say ‘you’ll be ok, your body is made to do it’ and things like that but it’s not true. The reality is that some bodies aren’t made for it and some pregnancies physically cannot result in a vaginal or unassisted birth. Sometimes we need help or relief and we shouldn’t feel ashamed or less.
A woman saying she had a natural birth and it wasn’t that bad may have had the right circumstances so it actually hurt less & was genuinely easier over another needing help, it’s not a case of bearing the pain better. There’s simply no comparisons so please don’t anyone feel they need to brave it because so-and-so did, it may have been easier for them simply due to their body structure. Birth that doesn’t go as planned can leave us ‘disappointed’. We grew a baby and got it here the right way for us we’re still left feeling bad?!?

Same with breast feeding. Some babies latch immediately while others can’t/won’t and it’s painful. Some Mums will make you feel you have to try and others think it’s odd, please don’t let someone else’s experience dictate your own.

• Heart