Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
I also second the dyson fan! Worth every penny! I’m only 6 weeks pregnant but at night I just can’t get comfy and feel boiling all the time! I’m so grateful for my dyson!
When I tested it in the shop just didn’t seem to blow much cold air or am I expecting too much here x

Is there anyone who’s pregnant with twins who had bad ass sickness? Or anyone else in general lol. I’m 14 weeks and on ondansetron and I’m still sick 2/3 times a day 😫 does it get better or am I doomed for the whole pregnancy? (Don’t worry I know you can’t answer that 😂). What did you guys do who were really sick to help? It’s driving me mad and I’m so drained
Hi lovely, I had hyperemesis with my last 2 pregnancies one of them for up to 36 weeks 🙃 sounds like odansetron isn’t doing the job so you might need a higher dosage or a combo of medication? Have you been back to the doctors? Hope you’re not dehydrating and are able to keep at least some stuff down ☹ I found I could only eat roast potatoes some days and Coke/Lucozade so at least I had some sugar going round my body to perk me up a bit. I totally empathise and send love and really hope you can get someone to listen to you properly but please push with the GP as they can really write off “morning sickness” which it’s not, it’s degrading and draining in every way!! Also to answer your question usually you’re not doomed for the whole pregnancy, you do have to be super unlucky to suffer the whole time but unfortunately it does happen Xx

Jellybb

VIP Member
Yessss me too on the awful dry flakiness 😭 I also have random allergic reactions all the time. I had eczema before but it has never been this bad! This morning I also woke up with a really painful rash under my arm (!?) which is new 😩

Re scan photos, I’ve been given prints at almost every appointment I’ve been to for free (except the 20 week one where I think it was £5)
I was the same with the strange reactions! I’ve always worn bondi sands fake tan but now I cannot put it near me as I itch from head to toe for days 😭

Jellybb

VIP Member
For the ladies that have already had babies… how did you get rid of your milk supply (not pumping) ?

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
Just seen the tommee tippee steriliser is on offer on boots online. Looks super easy to use. I’ve also bought the perfect prep machine and bottle set and a set of mam bottles. I think all that looks pretty straight forward and apparently once you’ve done a couple of bottles it’s like second nature. I was stressing about it before and now I’m like.. I’ll figure it out (or my husband will and I’ll just be there lol)
There are some great bundle offers direct on tommee tippee btw x

Any ladies around the 30-34 week point and leaking from their nipples so much!!

Elsass

Chatty Member
Right here’s a question that is way too early to ask but it’s playing on my mind
I live really close to the hospital (less than 10 minute walk normally)
If all goes well will I be able to walk home after giving birth (natural or c section)?

grumpycat

VIP Member
Firstly that is the sweetest thing ever 😭 secondly I fully agree about due dates, I had no idea about any of it with my first as he was a v surprise baby and couldn’t even remember when my last period was (I was on the pill !) so went by scans alone, he measured way ahead through growth scans but they still went by his dating scan due date...he came out and his nails were so long, his skin was dry and wrinkly on his hands and feet and he was SO alert like he’d just done 6 espresso shots in the womb before making an appearance - all signs of a v overdue bubba. My intuition was so right to get him out because according to them he was 39+3 when he was born! He deffo wasn’t!

I have been thinking about this but didn’t want to pry!!!! Ahhhh how bloody lovely 😍😍😍💞
Thanks wonderful girl! Is your dating scan today?! Sending all the luck and love ❤❤

Jellybean093

VIP Member
Hopefully I’ll be the one of my friends that coughs and it slips out 🙏🏼 Do you get to choose which they use? Or are different things used for different situations?
Oh I hope that happens with my next one 😂😂
I think our heart rates dipped, they panicked, so i had no choice and it was far too late for csection. I think it’s different things used in different situations. I guess it also depends on where the baby is and how far down?

It's a mixture of everything really, but it's her training to be a health carer nurse (don't know the right term) it's really interesting!

Just wanna say ladies my first birth was absolutely great (I hate to be that person) but everyone only ever tells you the negatives and horror stories, I was induced due to low fluid and i went into labor quite quickly I was in the water for abit but they weren't happy with his movements so had to get out onto dry land 🐳 I was on the verge of having forceps the consultants walked in the door as I was pushing him out, I had just gas and air (also no medals for this so ladies take what you need! - if I need more this time then I will be bloody taking it haha)the after pains for me were absolutely fine so please don't panic people only every want to tell you the horror stories but when your little one is here is the best feeling in the world I know everyones birth is different but it's completely out of our control just go with what's best for you and the baby xxx
My second labour was my best one. On my knees and left to it and not hooked up to a monitor. I kind of feel that you do *sometimes* need horror stories, because you don’t get told that by the midwives or any antenatal classes. I wish someone would’ve told me that I would have been 15 days late, ended up with epidural, with forceps, because I was not prepared 😂 thought I’d pop the baby out and be back into my new size 8 pjs once it was done 😂😂😂
I never got after pain with any of mine. Was always expecting them

Last edited:

Smallpotato

VIP Member
The names i had for a boy were:
Jacob
Ezra
Oliver
Oscar

Partner hated all of them
He liked Anthony which I didn't like because I don't like the name Tony and I had an awful boss called Ant

Weve had Thomas as an option back and forward a few times
And Marshall was landed in thanks to Eminem 🤣
I love love love Ezra!

Baby Wrap Carrier - All in 1 Stretchy Baby Sling - Baby Carrier Sling - Baby Carrier Wraps - Baby Carriers for Newborn, Infant - Baby Holder Straps - Baby Slings - Baby Sling Wrap (Mystic Gray) Amazon product

I’ve ordered this one as it seems to have quite good reviews! I am worried about learning to tie it though 🤣
Haha I'm crap with learning how to tie them, I have a baby k'tan wrap which is pre wrapped I've tried it with a teddy and it's so easy to use thank God!!

Dipdab

VIP Member
Oh lads, I’m having the worst week and I wish I could say I’ve made it up!

This weekend we have gone down south to see family and for a wedding, first weekend off in forever post pandemic. We nipped into town to go to Smyths toy store and to look at peaks. Husband dropped me off, went to park the car. I somehow fell over a high kerb, landed flat on my face, smashed my glasses, head and smashed my ankle. Been sat in ED for 2 hours and now I have a bad sprain and can’t walk on it. Husband has managed to find a spare set of contacts in the car and is going to take my glasses into town to be repaired. I honestly can’t believe this! At least my ankle isn’t broken 😭

Talk Disney to me 😉
Oh no! Hope you’re ok x