Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Belle Amie

VIP Member
Hi ladies,
I’ve just tested positive for my first this morning, the digital test says 1-2 but my flo app says 3 weeks+6 is that right?
I thought I was ready but now I’ve got a positive I don’t have a clue!

did anyone have an early scan or wait for the nhs one? My boyfriend wants to book a private one to start with but I know I’ll want one constantly 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15

TheDuchess

Chatty Member
Looking for advice and you guys seem like a lovely bunch!

I am now almost 13 weeks pregnant after having had a miscarriage 18 months ago.

I had my 12 week scan a couple of days ago and found out that my blood group is rhesus negative. I got upset as I’ve an aunt that lost a baby due to this years ago.

Everything should be okay as long as I don’t suffer from bleeding or have any trauma on my belly. I would get offered an injection at 28 weeks to ensure baby will be safe during delivery.

My problem is that the midwife dealing with me during this appointment was really rude and made me feel that I was being over dramatic for worrying about loosing my little bubba.

I have had mild spotting since week 5 and this woman told me “we don’t get our knickers in a twist for pink or brown spotting” “all women are neurotic”. She also told me that it would only affect my second pregnancy, tried to explain through my tears that this was my second pregnancy. She then turns around and says “yeah but that ended really early on!”

It felt like a bunch in the stomach, as if my first little baby didn’t count for anything when they do. I still grieve over that little one. We had been ttc for 4 and a half years and then had to go through 3 rounds of ivf for this little bubba.

Sorry for the essay but I really don’t want to deal with the woman again, she isn’t my actual midwife as far as I am aware. Can I request that she is not allowed to deal with me?x

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow

Dipdab

VIP Member
I seem to have finally have reached needing to pee every 20 mins stage 🙄.
Got my 20 week scan tomorrow the nerves are starting to creep up now …

• Heart

Upintheair83

VIP Member
Have I missed any news from @Upintheair83 ?! Been thinking about her ❤
Awww that’s lovely thinking of me 💛. So went for a second sweep today and I had dilated to 3cm- since having it this morning Iv had some back pain and more contractions, so just seeing what happens in the next few hours. I’m 41+3 so really hoping he comes soon now, but if not they have booked me in for an induction on Saturday at 6pm!! How are you? Xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Awww yay so glad you’ve said this I’m not loving pregnancy at all but cannot wait to meet our baby ❤
Also just asked my partner if he’ll still love me when I’ve a swollen vagina and burger nipples and he said yes so it’s fine 😂
I've asked my partner probably once a week if he'll still love me with all my stretch marks, weight gain and if sex feels different after having the baby and cried on night begging him to not cheat on me (back story, my ex husband cheated on me with my brothers wife - pause for you all to absorb that- and called me fat on a daily basis so I thought that was why)
My beloved partner now says I'm being daft and that he loves me and that doesn't change because of a few stretch marks and changes from being his baby into the world.

Sometimes the men are alright

• Heart
  • Wow

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
So I saw my consultant today for our 26W growth scan. Both twins measuring just behind and we've been put on the still birth prevention pathway, which means fortnightly scans instead of monthly which reduces my anxiety but the name of the pathway does not leave you feeling great.

• Wow
  • Heart

Dipdab

VIP Member
Hubby just asked if I had any face paint because he thought it would be fun to paint my bump so it looks like a football for tonight’s game 😑😑😑😑😑😑😑 and he was being serious 😅

• Haha

Dipdab

VIP Member
Anyone else find it odd when friends/colleagues ask if you’re planning to breastfeed? Like why do you need to know? Baby is going to be fed no matter the way I chose to do it 🤷‍♀️

• Haha

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Oh my gosh, I think we may have discussed this before but my no. 1 boy's name is Cassian..I absolutely love it. I'd call him Cass for short. My husband doesn't like it. 😭😭😭
My husband likes really boring traditional names that are so blah.
He didn't like our eldests name before she was born but I won after you know...labour. so I'm hoping he'll give in this time too.
Ah we have!!! Cass is just beautiful! My friends grandson is Cassius and he’s such a DUDE!

My husband wants to remind you all about my sons other friend… Baby Keith. Keith is not named after anyone, his Mum just liked it.

Keith.

• Haha
  • Heart

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
Please feel free to tell me I'm unreasonable but....my partner has just promised his kids (8 and 10) that they can come over and see the baby the minute we get home from hospital. I'm so so happy they are both excited but this is only because the youngest one is adamant that he wants to be the first apart from me and my partner to hold the baby. I tried saying to my partner and he is totally not getting it even slightly, almost guilt tripping me. Is it too much to ask to have a few hours or half a day home myself?! On top of that their mum will need to bring them over and shes an absolute prick so I'd have to entertain that and she will love seeing me a state no doubt.

My partner is pandering to the youngest as he always does and I'm really really struggling 😭😭

• Sad
  • Heart

LongishCat

VIP Member
I'm out one night and come back to find a new thread with already 8 pages! 😳
Parking myself and my peperoni nips here!

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Crazycatlady18

VIP Member
Does anyone find if they’re busy at work they don’t even notice the baby moving then panic? I do this most working days and I hate it. I’ve got thru the scan anxiety and now the movement anxiety is on the up. Does the stress ever endddd

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
Just wrestled to get the hood on this fucking thing for the last 25 mins 😭 it's so hot here which was adding to my stress but why do they make these things so bloody difficult 🙄🙄 buzzing about putting a baby in it in the next couple weeks though (hopefully!) 🥰

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
I’m going to meet with a midwife and a consultant tomorrow. I honestly feel like my heart is going to break.
Thinking of you sweetie 💕 were all behind you xxxxx

I've had my sweep, currently 1cm dilated. I did ask the midwife if she was going to buy me dinner at least because dam they don't half go far up 😂

• Haha

Nursty

VIP Member
My dad works with a woman who is about 2 weeks behind me and the other day he was like "she's absolutely glowing!" then he looked me up and down and made no comment 😂😂😂😂

• Haha