Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone! Baby girl arrived on Wednesday after a very speedy 3 hour labour, which was unexpected! She’s an absolute dream 😍 for those of you worrying about the growth scans/charts - last week she was measuring at 8lbs6, born weighing 7lbs4 so they’re definitely not always that accurate!!
Congratulations mama!! Lovely to hear. Did you have a positive birth experience overall? If so, would you like to tell us about it? Always good to hear good stories 😊 x

(when you have the time/energy)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi everyone! Baby girl arrived on Wednesday after a very speedy 3 hour labour, which was unexpected! She’s an absolute dream 😍 for those of you worrying about the growth scans/charts - last week she was measuring at 8lbs6, born weighing 7lbs4 so they’re definitely not always that accurate!!
Congratulations! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Huge congratulations 💕

• Heart
Ahhh congratulations that's amazing 3 hours!! Also good to know my vagina might not be ruined after all as I'm predicted a big old girl 😂😂😂 enjoy the cuddles 🥰🥰 xx

• Heart
Congratulations mama!! Lovely to hear. Did you have a positive birth experience overall? If so, would you like to tell us about it? Always good to hear good stories 😊 x

(when you have the time/energy)
Of course! So my waters broke quite suddenly, luckily I was already at the hospital with an appointment for reduced movements! Started having contractions and was examined and only 2cm dilated so taken to the ward as I was already at the hospital. Took some basic pain relief but the contractions were becoming really unbearable so had a diamorphine injection which made me super drowsy. Woke up a little while later ready to push (although literally no one believed me until I was examined haha) and was rushed into a delivery room and pushed for 40 minutes or so and out she came! It was definitely positive, although very rushed and quite intense given how quickly it all happened! Had a little bit of tearing so needed some stitches which have been a bit uncomfortable but manageable ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Congratulations!!

I had a horrible experience this morning. They tried to find the heartbeat with the Doppler and couldn’t find it for ages and had to take me for an ultrasound the 15 minutes waiting for the sonographer was the longest 15 minutes of my life why do they do that?!! I literally had my scan yesterday where they had the heartbeat playing. The baby’s arm is always in front of her/his face so she said that’s why they couldn’t hear:oops: also anterior placenta. Only positive was I got to see the baby again properly.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I feel like I’m the only one but I’ve had to physically stop myself from buying lion king items. 😆
I’m also a sucker for literature characters such as the Gruffalo, Peter rabbit etc.

If you need me to pack my bags and leave the thread, I can 😞

Me too!! Love a Peter rabbit themed outfit! 😄

Reactions: 2
Energy feeling zapped as just been editing about 50 documents on a screen all day wfh and thought of cooking dinner was pissing me off
Partner called and asked did I want to eat out 😍 I’m off out girls! No where fancy and he’s insisted we eat outside (part of his risk assessing) 😂
Hope you all have a nice Friday eve x

Reactions: 12
Loads of Peter Rabbit in Sainsbury’s, sleep bags too - some is in the sale at the min.

I do keep wondering if I should be a bit more chic and instagrammable with my little girls clothes but I do love a bright or a pattern. We don’t do headbands or turbans, she wouldn’t tolerate them and can’t get me out of black but she’s every colour of the rainbow. Before she came along I got lots of blue, green, black, animal print, not traditional girl colour clothes but turns out pink is totally her colour 🤦🏼‍♀️

Not keen on the character clothes too much but I feel obliged to put her in things that have been gifted. I’ve now banned clothes gifts, it was actually quite upsetting me. I just wanted the opportunity to dress my own baby in clothes that I chose but the in-laws would turn up with something “I couldn’t resist tee-hee” - I’ve got probably 50 outfits for every age up to 2 and I have to wash and store them when they’re not even what I like. I won’t accept any more now

Reactions: 3
I love colourful and patterned baby clothes. They look so joyful 😊

Im Back from the hospital now. Was im for just over 4 hours i think. Feel knackered now. Told partner i fancy a curry but dont fancy cooking.

All good with baby but theyve booked me in for a growth scan sometime in the next 5 working days. They will call me on the day and ask me to go in. Have plans with a friend visiting from Three hours away on thurs/fri so i am hoping they call mon/tues/wed 🤞🤞🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Random question but I've been speaking to my husband about it wanted to know what everyone else's thoughts are - when baby is here how do you guys feel about in laws/extended family etc holding the baby? Pre covid I was fine with my first son but this time round I feel Abit ahh stay away from my baby just as she will have no jabs/protection until she is 8 weeks and I don't know where these people have been who they have seen. Do you think it's unreasonable if I ask them to do a lateral flow test before they come over? Or am I being over the top I have alot of family that work in schools and that freaks me out at the mo 😂
I would be using this as an excuse! For people not to want to hold constantly and people to come round as soon as I give birth! I have learnt a lot since first time around, people just turning up etc wanting to see baby when I had just got out of hospital!! This time round for me, my priority is for my son to meet his sibling before anyone else and for us to get settled back home! You do what you want and you feel is best ☺🌟

Congratulations!!

I had a horrible experience this morning. They tried to find the heartbeat with the Doppler and couldn’t find it for ages and had to take me for an ultrasound the 15 minutes waiting for the sonographer was the longest 15 minutes of my life why do they do that?!! I literally had my scan yesterday where they had the heartbeat playing. The baby’s arm is always in front of her/his face so she said that’s why they couldn’t hear:oops: also anterior placenta. Only positive was I got to see the baby again properly.
That must hve been awful for you! So pleased everything was okay! I had a similar experience with my first, took a while to find his heartbeat was a horrendous moment! Also had anterior placenta with my first and was in hospital regularly with reduced movements! Hoping for a different placed placenta this time around! 😅😅xxx

This is so wonderful 🥺 congratulations!!

Probably tmi and not the best subject around tea time
But why did no one tell me that its common to get diahrea at the end stages
I'm exhausted, sore and now have a sore tummy
Don't think even chicken selects will save me

• Heart
Anyone else struggling with the heat?

Took my son to his new school for a stay and play and the heat, plus a mask… felt absolutely dreadful. Got really bad palpitations on the way home and had to call husband to come and meet us. This pregnancy and me are NOT friends.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I would be using this as an excuse! For people not to want to hold constantly and people to come round as soon as I give birth! I have learnt a lot since first time around, people just turning up etc wanting to see baby when I had just got out of hospital!! This time round for me, my priority is for my son to meet his sibling before anyone else and for us to get settled back home! You do what you want and you feel is best ☺🌟
See this is what I've told people I want a night on our own, then for my little boy to come home and meet her and have a few days on our own to settle into newborn and toddler life (my husband will pick him up Instead of them dropping him back) but my in laws are being really assy about it they keep making comments about making them wait to see the baby blablabla trying to make me feel bad but I really want to stick to my guns and put my little family first and not please everyone else!!

Reactions: 6

Took my son to his new school for a stay and play and the heat, plus a mask… felt absolutely dreadful. Got really bad palpitations on the way home and had to call husband to come and meet us. This pregnancy and me are NOT friends.
Yes, not coping at all. I was in a puddle yesterday. I've been so breathless too 🥵

This is so wonderful 🥺 congratulations!!

Probably tmi and not the best subject around tea time
But why did no one tell me that its common to get diahrea at the end stages
I'm exhausted, sore and now have a sore tummy
Don't think even chicken selects will save me
I’m 38+1 and feel like I felt during the first trimester but with 1000 other symptoms :oops: back ache, nausea, upset stomach, discharge, insomnia, rib pain, aching all over, swollen feet… UGH

• Heart
I’m almost 5 weeks so still very early, has a lot of cramping tonight.. feel like the littlest twinge worries me! Anyone else get cramping early on? Xx

Reactions: 3
I’m almost 5 weeks so still very early, has a lot of cramping tonight.. feel like the littlest twinge worries me! Anyone else get cramping early on? Xx
Yeah it's so common and doesn't always mean something bad 😊 it's usually just stretching and things! early pregnancy is such a worry you wonder about everything especially after a loss but as easy as it is for me to say try not to worry x

Yes 🥵 hot and sweaty all the time at the moment, even just from washing up!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.