Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We will most certainly be operating a system of lateral flow, handwashing and masks. I think you have to do what you feel comfortable with and I wouldn't judge anyone for how they handle it all.
That said, I've made a rule this time around (having had a house load of my in-laws which was 8 adults in total descend on me 2 days after my firsts birth AND I laid on lunch - wtf) that if you're coming to visit, it's not for the first two weeks and when you do you either come baring food or you complete a chore otherwise no admittance. 😂
Ha this sounds amazing!! I wish my in laws would accept the two week wait, my MIL breaks up from school the day before I'm due to be induced she's already said about moving in?! No way I'm okay thanks!!! She didn't get to see my son much because he was 4 months when we went into lockdown and she had to shield so I think she's hoping to get that time back with this baby fml!! P.s you are crazy for laying on lunch for everyone just after birth!!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I hate presents, I don’t like people buying me stuff because I usually don’t like what I’m bought (the clutter too so usually goes straight in bin/charity shop) but I am genuinely thinking of asking for food or just eat vouchers when baby is here if people want to be kind 😂
Do it! I've said to my mum, if anybody asks, I don't want any little outfits etc they never end up being used, just send me all the food vouchers.
My neighbour had a baby about 4 weeks ago and every single day she gets something deliverood. Fair play to her, absolute dream life.

Ha this sounds amazing!! I wish my in laws would accept the two week wait, my MIL breaks up from school the day before I'm due to be induced she's already said about moving in?! No way I'm okay thanks!!! She didn't get to see my son much because he was 4 months when we went into lockdown and she had to shield so I think she's hoping to get that time back with this baby fml!! P.s you are crazy for laying on lunch for everyone just after birth!!!
😬😬😬 Omg I could not tolerate that.
They all live a good few hours away so all decided to come together. It was their first grandchild/niece etc so they were keen! I remember the midwife turning up and her being horrified. They'd all trampled grass in the house and I was apologising to her for the mess but also half in tears at the prospect of having to hoover again. She offered to tell them all they needed to leave. 😂
Never ever again!

Reactions: 5
Random question but I've been speaking to my husband about it wanted to know what everyone else's thoughts are - when baby is here how do you guys feel about in laws/extended family etc holding the baby? Pre covid I was fine with my first son but this time round I feel Abit ahh stay away from my baby just as she will have no jabs/protection until she is 8 weeks and I don't know where these people have been who they have seen. Do you think it's unreasonable if I ask them to do a lateral flow test before they come over? Or am I being over the top I have alot of family that work in schools and that freaks me out at the mo 😂
even before covid Im not a fan of passing babies around. Luckily , I live down south miles away from the family so it’s not like they will always be popping Into see the baby so I’ve got that as an excuse but I have got quite a few bedrooms so I can probably see them wanting to stay for weekends

Reactions: 3
Random question but I've been speaking to my husband about it wanted to know what everyone else's thoughts are - when baby is here how do you guys feel about in laws/extended family etc holding the baby? Pre covid I was fine with my first son but this time round I feel Abit ahh stay away from my baby just as she will have no jabs/protection until she is 8 weeks and I don't know where these people have been who they have seen. Do you think it's unreasonable if I ask them to do a lateral flow test before they come over? Or am I being over the top I have alot of family that work in schools and that freaks me out at the mo 😂
I actually hadn’t thought too much about it but I like the idea of the lateral flow tests. They’re free and easy enough to do so if it means doing that to protect the baby I don’t think it’s an unreasonable ask! Good idea 😊

Reactions: 1
Feel like such a fraud commenting on here as I’m not actually pregnant but it seems like a lovely thread! (Ignore this if it bothers you haha) I’d love to have a baby but unfortunately due to personal and financial reasons for the next 3 years minimum I will be unable to even consider it. However, I wish you lovely ladies all the best with your pregnancies! I love reading pregnancy stories💗

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Feel like such a fraud commenting on here as I’m not actually pregnant but it seems like a lovely thread! (Ignore this if it bothers you haha) I’d love to have a baby but unfortunately due to personal and financial reasons for the next 3 years minimum I will be unable to even consider it. However, I wish you lovely ladies all the best with your pregnancies! I love reading pregnancy stories💗
We can’t wait to see you in here! We will save the chicken selects

Has anyone got a restless leg it’s so irritating
I have such bad muscle cramps 😭

I hate presents, I don’t like people buying me stuff because I usually don’t like what I’m bought (hate clutter too so usually goes straight in bin/charity shop) but I am genuinely thinking of asking for food or just eat vouchers when baby is here if people want to be kind 😂
My brother in law got us just eat vouchers and I was so grateful. Literally the best thing I’ve ever been given and I got this wonderful photo

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I hate presents, I don’t like people buying me stuff because I usually don’t like what I’m bought (hate clutter too so usually goes straight in bin/charity shop) but I am genuinely thinking of asking for food or just eat vouchers when baby is here if people want to be kind 😂
Ive made a babywishlist on amazon and im sending out the link if people want to buy the baby a gift. Ive added toys and books, a playgym and some simple vits that arent expensive. Also suggesting Cook vouchers (its healthy ready made meals you can have delivered), which would be really useful to save us cooking.

Reactions: 8
Yess totally this! I’m really grateful people want to buy things but we had a similar situation for our wedding (was during lockdown, none of our friends actually came and we weren’t expecting any gifts!) and quite a few things ended up on eBay…the best wedding presents we got were JL vouchers and all the champagne! For my friends who have had babies this year I’ve sent them something token for the baby and then the main present has been a Cook voucher for their parents. Most people have bought all the stuff they need pre-baby arriving anyway 🤷‍♀️

I went into the Cook shop the other day to get said voucher and the food does look sooo good!

Reactions: 6
Yess totally this! I’m really grateful people want to buy things but we had a similar situation for our wedding (was during lockdown, none of our friends actually came and we weren’t expecting any gifts!) and quite a few things ended up on eBay…the best wedding presents we got were JL vouchers and all the champagne! For my friends who have had babies this year I’ve sent them something token for the baby and then the main present has been a Cook voucher for their parents. Most people have bought all the stuff they need pre-baby arriving anyway 🤷‍♀️

I went into the Cook shop the other day to get said voucher and the food does look sooo good!
Yeah I want to look for things at my own leisure, I change my mind and I’m wildly specific.
@PineappleTopper I’ve not heard of cook! Gonna check it out…I definitely won’t be cooking and my partners skills only extend to a baguette so we’ll deffo need help in that department!

yesss I’ve seen this new watermelon Malibu today and it’s set me off again haha! I think it’s the being drunk part rather than the taste I’m missing so I’ve had a few noseccos and becks blue but it’s not the same 😂

Wish mine was waiting you’d think he was drinking for two 😤😂

oo espresso martini 😍
He’s waiting to open the wine, not the kopperbergs 😂😂

• Haha
Yeah I want to look for things at my own leisure, I change my mind and I’m wildly specific.
@PineappleTopper I’ve not heard of cook! Gonna check it out…I definitely won’t be cooking and my partners skills only extend to a baguette so we’ll deffo need help in that department!
I am also a bit funny I don’t like anything with cartoons on or Disney I basically like plain things Zara, Next, M&S or home made knitted clothes. I am also sometimes partial to designer items and I don’t expect anyone to buy any of these things so far anything which has been bought people have sent me pictures of first which I think is actually amazing because my facial expressions are such a give away when I don’t like something. I am dreading i my baby loves pepper pig and I have to buy her merchandise 🤦🏽‍♀️

I think vouchers are great and I think I will start ordering hello fresh maybe to help with the ease of cooking x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I am also a bit funny I don’t like anything with cartoons on or Disney I basically like plain things Zara, Next, M&S or home made knitted clothes. I am also sometimes partial to designer items and I don’t expect anyone to buy any of these things so far anything which has been bought people have sent me pictures of first which I think is actually amazing because my facial expressions are such a give away when I don’t like something. I am dreading i my baby loves pepper pig and I have to buy her merchandise 🤦🏽‍♀️
If I reveal my true opinions on character clothing and toys, you’ll make me pack my bags and March me off to mumsnet

• Haha
Reactions: 12
If I reveal my true opinions on character clothing and toys, you’ll make me pack my bags and March me off to mumsnet
Don’t be daft everyone has their preferences I just never liked them myself as a child and since the unicorn craze my niece picks up the worst items it’s as if the unicorn has sicked glitter and sequins in rainbow colours on everything. My sister in law doesn’t have very good taste in my opinion but I will just try and dress her in the items at least once to show my appreciation I have pretty much said please don’t buy me something you know I won’t like like I’d rather someone bought me some wine 🤣

You don’t want to be going there it stresses me out even reading some of the posts x

• Haha
I know this is absolutely extra but when our first was born it was a heatwave. My inlaws gift to us was a portable air conditioner and my god it was the best baby gift ever. It's still going strong now nearly a decade later.
So yeah if anyone has a generous giftee, I'd def recommend an air con 😂😂 there's nothing worse than a clammy baby breastfeeding from your clammy boobs 😂

I've just had an email that my travel system is arriving nearly 2 months earlier than they estimated 😨 no idea where I'm going to store it!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I know this is absolutely extra but when our first was born it was a heatwave. My inlaws gift to us was a portable air conditioner and my god it was the best baby gift ever. It's still going strong now nearly a decade later.
So yeah if anyone has a generous giftee, I'd def recommend an air con 😂😂 there's nothing worse than a clammy baby breastfeeding from your clammy boobs 😂

I've just had an email that my travel system is arriving nearly 2 months earlier than they estimated 😨 no idea where I'm going to store it!
What did you go for? Mine says it will
Only take a month and they will keep it for me until show time x I really want an air purifier or a air con I think it’s a fab idea which do you have it’s hard to pick one I nearly bought a dyson fan but I doubt it would be that good x

My FIL buys honesty the worst clothes for my son so I just grin and nod and I know it’s a lovely thought but I’m the same, I like clothes that are mostly plain, patterned and stuff like leggings!

I always said I’d hate character clothes but the older he gets the more I let him have, as long as it’s not 100% ugly 😂 a nice middle ground!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

I think vouchers are great and I think I will start ordering hello fresh maybe to help with the ease of cooking x
We sound very similar. I can't stand characters on clothing, which is fine when they are really young as you decide what they wear, but as soon as they are a little older and form opinions and as you say start loving cartoon characters I'm sure we will be kitting them out in it to please them! 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

We sound very similar. I can't stand characters on clothing, which is fine when they are really young as you decide what they wear, but as soon as they are a little older and form opinions and as you say start loving cartoon characters I'm sure we will be kitting them out in it to please them! 😂🤦🏼‍♀️
there are def a few places that do character stuff but nicely and not OTT
lindex, Zara and H&M are my staples. All reasonably priced, look lovely and wash well 🙌🏻 God I sound like such a mum 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.