Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We sound very similar. I can't stand characters on clothing, which is fine when they are really young as you decide what they wear, but as soon as they are a little older and form opinions and as you say start loving cartoon characters I'm sure we will be kitting them out in it to please them! 😂🤦🏼‍♀️
I am considering never putting pepper on because my step son loved it his new thing is football kits he doesn’t even like football he just likes the colours which I also don’t like but least I don’t have to shop for those. When he dresses himself is the funniest some of the outfit combos are hilarious and I know I will be buying glitter unicorn sketchers with lights in no time 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Had to jump on this thread as in my first trimester I literally had to live of mcds hamburgers 😩 not sure I’ll ever be able to eat one again

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I am considering never putting pepper on because my step son loved it his new thing is football kits he doesn’t even like football he just likes the colours which I also don’t like but least I don’t have to shop for those. When he dresses himself is the funniest some of the outfit combos are hilarious and I know I will be buying glitter unicorn sketchers with lights in no time 🤣🤣
If you can avoid peppa bloody pig then you’ll save yourself a lot of aggro about jumping in effing puddles 😂

• Haha
I am also a bit funny I don’t like anything with cartoons on or Disney I basically like plain things Zara, Next, M&S or home made knitted clothes. I am also sometimes partial to designer items and I don’t expect anyone to buy any of these things so far anything which has been bought people have sent me pictures of first which I think is actually amazing because my facial expressions are such a give away when I don’t like something. I am dreading i my baby loves pepper pig and I have to buy her merchandise 🤦🏽‍♀️

I think vouchers are great and I think I will start ordering hello fresh maybe to help with the ease of cooking x
Oh my god no offensive to anyone but I hate the Disney stuff they do in Tesco etc! I’m a neutral zara, h&m next baby shopper but my partner will randomly come back with bright tigger clothes or 101 Dalmatians… neither of us were brought up on Disney so not sure where this obsession has come from, the clothes also don’t correspond with the season/age 😹 Mu friends take the piss and say just wear it to their house so it gets worn… I can’t start his journey to fatherhood by shooting down his clothes choices so I’ve just smiled and burrowed it away in her drawers 😹

deep deep in her drawers…..

there are def a few places that do character stuff but nicely and not OTT
lindex, Zara and H&M are my staples. All reasonably priced, look lovely and wash well 🙌🏻 God I sound like such a mum 😂
I agree, I have got some real bright pieces which I’ll match with a plain pair of leggings and frilly socks but the garish supermarket clothes …..
Don’t get me wrong I DO buy from supermarkets but the Disney stuff

• Haha
  • Heart
We sound very similar. I can't stand characters on clothing, which is fine when they are really young as you decide what they wear, but as soon as they are a little older and form opinions and as you say start loving cartoon characters I'm sure we will be kitting them out in it to please them! 😂🤦🏼‍♀️
We don’t do character clothing at all purely because a) I hate it and b) it’s always absolutely awful quality. My son got a bunch of hey duggee tops and PJs for Christmas and they barely lasted until Easter. Everyone in my family takes the piss out of how I dress my son; it’s Next, Frugi, Marks and Spencer, Fat Face but plain tops only. Asda ONLY for leggings, pants and vests. I’m a massive snob when it comes to his clothes. Also another confession, I won’t dress him in black or blue because my Dad once said he looked like a cbeebies presenter so I do it out of spite 🤣

Everyone said he will start choosing his own clothes, but he will always go for the brightest pattern. However he really hates orange. M&S do great 3 for 2s, so all his nursery clothes are from there.

Work update; no one will switch my night shift prior to my consultant appointment (what a surprise) so I’ve had to move my consultant appointment. At first the only time they could move it was September (a full 4 weeks from the original appointment!) but the amazing receptionist got me in at 11am instead. I’ll get home around 0930, I’ll shower and husband is going to drive me so I can sleep. We can do this.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Agree with the character stuff! I actually told my mum and sisters that I didn’t like it and so they’ve helpfully tried to steer people away from it.

I started an Amazon wish list last night as a few people have asked ahead of my baby shower. Same as someone else said, I’ve kept it just inexpensive bits like pram toys, milestone cards, blankets etc that I think people would probably buy anyway. We’ve bought most of the essential stuff ourselves already anyway and those bits I want to be able to choose myself.

Just eat vouchers would be amazing though!

Reactions: 1
Oh my god no offensive to anyone but I hate the Disney stuff they do in Tesco etc! I’m a neutral zara, h&m next baby shopper but my partner will randomly come back with bright tigger clothes or 101 Dalmatians… neither of us were brought up on Disney so not sure where this obsession has come from, the clothes also don’t correspond with the season/age 😹 Mu friends take the piss and say just wear it to their house so it gets worn… I can’t start his journey to fatherhood by shooting down his clothes choices so I’ve just smiled and burrowed it away in her drawers 😹

deep deep in her drawers…..

I agree, I have got some real bright pieces which I’ll match with a plain pair of leggings and frilly socks but the garish supermarket clothes …..
Don’t get me wrong I DO buy from supermarkets but the Disney stuff
Asda is the worst IMO; their girls section is just PINK PINK PINK PINK and their boy section is a navy dishcloth with “daddy’s little kicker” on it

Also if anyone does like Disney clothing, the Disney store do kids T-shirts and I think it’s 3 for £20. A bit costly but there’s some nice ones in there. A few years ago we got my son a Frozone T-shirt and it was boss. Then my husband got him a bleeping Spider-Man windbreaker which I “lost” one day

• Haha
  • Sick
I am also a plain baby clothes lover here too! I hate cartoon animals or characters all over stuff. I’m hoping people close to me will know me well enough (and not knowing the gender helps as there’s a limit to how much plain neutral stuff you can buy!). My mum’s best friend sent me a picture of one of those baby play mat things that she’s bought me - I mean it’s not awful but I definitely wouldn’t have chosen it myself. It sounds so ungrateful but really I already know I don’t want it in my living room and so I’ll hopefully be able to suggest we leave it at my mums as a spare for when baby is there. Same lady also sent me a picture of a pram set which is all white and frills and completely NOT my style (but very much what her own daughters used for their babies) and I haven’t the heart to tell her it’s not my taste at all so I’ve said I’ll wait and see what pram we get as most of the bundles I’ve seen come with one! And keep trying to tell her kindly not to spend too much or buy too much as she’s already got plenty (including some Disney and Tatty Teddy babygrows which will be used solely for PJs and hopefully are not very stain resistant!). Husband’s older (adult) daughter bought him a babygrow for his football team for Father’s Day and I already can’t wait to take one quick pic and then throw it in a charity bag. In fact I’m sure she did it to annoy me! 🤣 I hate being ungrateful because I’m not and I know people are just excited and generous but I also hate people wasting money on things that I really really dislike and won’t want to dress my baby in. Sure when they can ask for character clothes as a 4 year old that’s different but whilst they can’t talk or tantrum I’m dressing them in things I like! I’m not really one for having a gift list but starting to think it’s not the worst idea so that people we know who’s taste won’t match ours have a vague guide!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Also everyone tell me to duck off but are we allowed to share our Amazon wish lists maybe? Buy each other a gift when our babies arrive? Only something small etc.

On the subject of clothes, my mum bought my son a newborn Nike Tracksuit. I remember saying that he’s a not a soundcloud rapper and nor will he be going to the gym at 6 months old. She was less than happy.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I find it awkward when people mean well but it’s not your style. We had quite a bit of stuff in the early days like dungarees etc and it’s just not by vibe. Wrap over vest and leggings was my go to, and I wish people would ask what you’d like/see what you dress baby in before they offer to buy anything.
The only saving grace is they grow so fast so it’s a godsend that things don’t hang around long 😂

m&s are brilliant though - I love their PJ’s as they have nice motifs but they’re not terribly tacky at the same time, it’s a nice middle ground for a bit of something but not Asda’s bing/paw patrol

I do find boys stuff hard, it’s always diggers, footballs and tractors 🥴🥴

Reactions: 4
I find it awkward when people mean well but it’s not your style. We had quite a bit of stuff in the early days like dungarees etc and it’s just not by vibe. Wrap over vest and leggings was my go to, and I wish people would ask what you’d like/see what you dress baby in before they offer to buy anything.
The only saving grace is they grow so fast so it’s a godsend that things don’t hang around long 😂

m&s are brilliant though - I love their PJ’s as they have nice motifs but they’re not terribly tacky at the same time, it’s a nice middle ground for a bit of something but not Asda’s bing/paw patrol

I do find boys stuff hard, it’s always diggers, footballs and tractors 🥴🥴
It’s a bit more expensive but Frugi/Kite was a god send when my boy was small and everything was football. I love M&S though for their trousers

Don’t get me wrong if my step son really wanted something I would try my best to resist and I saved all the fugly cartoon things for pyjamas so he still had what he liked I have bought minecraft boxers for him and Spider-Man onesies and paw patrol slippers avengers fancy dress too. The toy story phase went on and on and on as did patronising pepper I’ve seen flushed away about 10,000 times as well. I haven’t actually got a list I feel like I am either being very minimal or under prepared I have bought bottles, prep machine, grooming kit, clothes which I need to buy more of still, travel system with isofix, next to me bed snuz thing, the purflo sleepy head equivalent for safe sleeping and need to buy a steriliser, grow bag bedding for the snuz pod abs sleep suits, other than that really not sure what else I need other than nappies wipes 🤷🏽‍♀️ I made like a first aid kit with thermometer Infocol, calpol, sudo etc and I will need some sanitary items for myself and to make a hospital bag is that it or have I lost the plot and I’m missing things? oh and I still need a baby changing bag because the one the cybex comes with is not for me… I can’t believe it so expensive either for what it is or am I being mean?
5C5BE909-7CAD-4A6F-8517-0BB26BC8F545.png

I feel like I’m the only one but I’ve had to physically stop myself from buying lion king items. 😆
I’m also a sucker for literature characters such as the Gruffalo, Peter rabbit etc.

If you need me to pack my bags and leave the thread, I can 😞

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I feel like we’re going to be inundated with football baby grows when ours comes 😖 I’ll have to leave the baby with him on match days and get out 😂
I’m a big fan of bright colours and animals prints on baby girls no idea what I’d dress a boy in. I like a bit of tack occasionally tbh 😂 I really want matching Christmas family pjs but it’s currently a firm no from my partner booo

also I’ve found this site This morning where you can check which prams fit in your boot from your reg in case it’s useful for anyone.
Mybuggymycar

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I feel like we’re going to be inundated with football baby grows when ours comes 😖 I’ll have to leave the baby with him on match days and get out 😂
I’m a big fan of bright colours and animals prints on baby girls no idea what I’d dress a boy in. I like a bit of tack occasionally tbh 😂 I really want matching Christmas family pjs but it’s currently a firm no from my partner booo

also I’ve found this site This morning where you can check which prams fit in your boot from your reg in case it’s useful for anyone.
Mybuggymycar
This is so funny because last Christmas I was pregnant but I didn’t know and I said to my financè when can we wear matching pyjamas and he said when we have a baby 🤣🤣 I have reminded him he’s got 6 months to prepare for the picture now x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I feel like I’m the only one but I’ve had to physically stop myself from buying lion king items. 😆
I’m also a sucker for literature characters such as the Gruffalo, Peter rabbit etc.

Peter Rabbit on a newborn 🥺🥺🥺

• Heart
Has anyone else at the end of their pregnancy felt really achy and sore and sick?
I feel like I've been hit by a bus

• Sad

I think loads of people like Disney things and I don’t mind Peter Rabbit. I love leopard print and pink things the world would be a boring place if we all liked the same 💕

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.