Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hannah_204

VIP Member
my friends been trying to persuade me to do a gender reveal party for most of today and it’s made me really want to harm her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I’ve had issues with them for the past 2 years and I swear they just pick something different each week. When he got home and I asked him about the “relax time”, he said he had a tummy ache 🥺

Here’s something to make you laugh; they are endlessly writing reports about him. Tinypotato refused his tea. Tinypotato refused to sit down on the rug. Tinypotato took a pen off another potato. Blah blah. Husband and I have bought them a pack of black pens and a clipboard called “The TinyPotato report board” as they must have used so much black ink since he started 🤣🤣🤣

EXACTLY!!!??? My husband has bought me Lego and complained that I haven’t made it. Well mate since cleaning the house top to bottom, ironing, cooking, crying… I don’t have time!

The fucking cheek!!
TinyPotato sounds like he is far too good for them, what nonsense they are picking out 🙄 maybe he took the pen off another potato so he could start logging some thoughts of his own about the staff 🤣

• Haha

Hannah_204

VIP Member
Right guys I’m freaked out when do these vagina changes start? I knew about the after birth mess but not before 😂😱

• Haha

Dipdab

VIP Member
Sorry to hear so many have had such bad experiences with NHS scans. Feel very lucky that so far mine have all been great and the staff are soo friendly and helpful (which is a godsend as I have to go every 4 weeks).

• Heart

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
Right guys I’m freaked out when do these vagina changes start? I knew about the after birth mess but not before 😂😱
I noticed it about 30 weeks I think, freaked right out and got checked for thrush (apparently that can make your vagina swell in pregnancy) but nope turns out its just all that extra fluid 🤣

This is a bit off topic but I’m ten weeks pregnant and I’m not sure how I feel about it... it took 2.5 years to get pregnant. Second baby and I feel like I should be excited but I don’t really feel it. I’m more thinking wtf have I done/have I made a mistake. My first child is 9 so it’s getting a bit easier now, he’s more self sufficient, let’s me lie in etc. I’m worried that I might crave my old life back. This baby is definitely wanted and I’m very grateful to be pregnant just wish I knew how to feel.

Did anyone else not feel excited right away. Please no judgement as I’m struggling to comprehend how I feel.

Thanks
I still get days like this and I'm 38 weeks tomorrow. Sometimes I absolutely worry that I've ruined my life and nothing is ever going to be the same (baby was planned and wanted) and like someone else said I feel like I talked my partner into it, I mean I definitely didn't, it was a total joint decision and took us about 10 months so he could've said something during that time. Also the fact he has kids already who are 10 and 12 and sometimes I feel guilty about "making" him go back to the baby stage. He's really excited and never given me any indication that it's not what he wants but I'm sure our hormones play a huge part in how we're feeling. Also from all the replies you can see the majority of us have felt that and its nothing to feel guilty about.

Last edited:

grumpycat

VIP Member
My FIL buys honesty the worst clothes for my son so I just grin and nod and I know it’s a lovely thought but I’m the same, I like clothes that are mostly plain, patterned and stuff like leggings!

I always said I’d hate character clothes but the older he gets the more I let him have, as long as it’s not 100% ugly 😂 a nice middle ground!

• Heart
  • Haha

Smallpotato

VIP Member
It’s 1320 and I’ve been awake since 0530. So far today I’ve eaten shredded wheat, a sausage sandwich, 3 potato waffles, Kraft Mac and cheese, two Quorn scotch eggs and a pink icing cupcake.

And now I feel sick. But hungry.

• Heart

Kitt

VIP Member
Just had my 31 week midwife appointment and baby is breach. Lots of time for him to turn on his own but midwife said that’s not often that happens in her experience. Check again at 34 weeks and then I’ll need a scan and an elective caesarean if he doesn’t budge. Not sure how to feel!

• Heart

Smallpotato

VIP Member
My doctor said that it’s normal for the discharge to up the ante in the 2nd trimester due to all the extra hormones 🙈
When you find out all is okay I hope you complain that asshole doctor that you dealt with yesterday 🤬
Either way, husband is complaining. My mum is furious too!

Honestly all I’ve thought about today is discharge

The amount of discharge lately keeps making me wonder if my waters have broken or not. Its ridiculous.
This baby needs out of me now.
I remember I thought my waters had broken and I was about 34 weeks pregnant. Nope, discharge and I pissed myself. Great times

• Haha

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Omg sned help my parents and the in laws are already starting the debate over who gets baby for his first Christmas
My parents - first grandchild
His parents - 3rd grandchild but his sister in law never ever has Christmas away from her family so his parents have never had a grandchild at Christmas

Tempted to pitch a joint Christmas and if they're not happy they can all drive the 2.5 hours down here if they want to see the baby

Smallpotato

VIP Member
I know 🤣🙈 I know it’s nothing to be ashamed of but I was half mortified when the GP told me it was discharge 🤣🤮
Will be thinking of you tomorrow @Smallpotato ❤❤
I swear my discharge has upped this last week! I know TMI but honestly you guys keep me sane.

thank you! Both husband and I have scanxiety

• Heart

Nursty

VIP Member
The baby is kicking like absolute mad at the football after saying he doesn't move much earlier 😂 maybe I've got a future footballer brewing here.

• Haha
  • Heart

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Are we with the same man? If anyone dares tell him he can’t do his hobbies he says his life won’t change and will make he can squeeze everything in 😆
He threw a paddy when I told him his £5k bike can’t stay in our bedroom because the HV will deem it unsafe a d we’ll be flagged up! I’m just going to let things slowly dawn on him…….

Mine is out now go karting & at his friends tomorrow for the match then working all weekend! (Works full time too) I feel you! X
My husband has hobbies but not social ones, he sits and makes robots 🤣

• Haha

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
So was awoken at 3am with cramping, back pain and sore stomach and I was like oooooh this is it
And then it stopped after an hour
God dammet

• Sad
  • Heart

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
So i heard back from hr today and dont have to repay them if i dont retutn after maternity. Hooray.

Also, super busy and quite stressful morning then a 2 hour lunch with my neighbour chatting away. Ive been on off napping on the sofa for the past 3 hours. I am literlaly exhausted. Feels so random. I could literally go to sleep for the night. Zero energy in the tank.

You alright in there baby- having a growth spurt?

Has anyone signed upbto peanut? I just joined yesterday. It looks pretty decent.. So far 😊

• Heart

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
Ahhh I am the same. My baby wasn’t planned, I was really disappointed when I found out I was pregnant, it’s a taboo subject which comes with lots of guilt but it wasn’t in my short term goals.
I would open my inbox to you if I could. I spent most of my first trimester really unhappy. I’ve accepted it now but I can’t say excited is how I’d describe it… I also hate the movement and I’m not connected to my bump at all.
I chose not to terminate as I did want a child down the line and I have such a good support network and my partner was over the moon. I’m a first time mum x
This is an interesting topic just wanted to add I really really wanted a baby so much I was even going to pay private for ivf but when I found out I felt sad it wouldn’t just be me and my partner anymore I know that sounds so ridiculous but it was because it was such a shock as I thought I would be able to control / predict it more with insemination. I think it is normal to have all these type of feelings I connect so much more with her now but I can understand how you feel 100% the movement is strange but now I see it as reassuring. I feel so so lucky right now but I felt really worried anxious etc for months x

Had my 31 week midwife appointment baby has in fact done what another tattler said they were worried about for their scan which is go on a growth spurt so now on 72nd however she isn’t concerned as she did this before then levelled out x

• Heart