Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hbirdette

VIP Member
Anybody else get so irrationally pissed off at their husband for daring to sleep so soundly?
I've been tossing and turning since 1. Went downstairs at 2 for some ice and to stretch out my back. Came back up at 3. There he is, dead to the world, snoring like a jumbo jet. Bastard. 🤣
I'm so so tired. Sleeping on my right is more comfortable for my back but I get breathless.
Got my 28 week midwife appointment later and then I'm going to nap.
The rage I would feel when doing night feeds was unreal 😂 cause he would literally wake up and be like wow what a great night 👍🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
My partner went out to watch the football earlier and told me to chill out and put my feet up. I didn’t - I went and finished all the painting we’d started in the nursery 😂 it took me a few hours but I actually found it quite therapeutic just doing it on my own! Especially because when we did it together at the weekend he put “it’s coming home” on about 400 times…

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Think we’re allowed to admit we miss it, not like we’re drinking it?! 😂😂 yes I definitely do now and then!!! Have had non alcoholic beer a few times but of course it sets off my heartburn, then again what doesn’t 🙄😆
I have a can of pre mixed cocktail in my fridge that I am WAY to tempted to pack in my hospital bag

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Just had my 31 week midwife appointment and baby is breach. Lots of time for him to turn on his own but midwife said that’s not often that happens in her experience. Check again at 34 weeks and then I’ll need a scan and an elective caesarean if he doesn’t budge. Not sure how to feel!
If it’s any reassurance I know lots of people who’s babies have turned! Apparently the spinning babies exercises can really help! Don’t give up hope completely yet! But if it makes you feel better try and think of the pros of a c-section - it’ll be very calm and not rushed, you’ll not having to go through potentially days of labour pains and the ring of fire, you can still have control over the environment in the sense of music and lighting etc. And although recovery is apparently a bit tougher (though apparently MUCH easier as elective v emergency), it’ll force you to really sit and enjoy all of those newborn snuggles whilst you recover. Maybe try and find some positive c section birth stories online to help you feel better about things if it does end up going that route. Either way, you’re going to meet your baby very soon! ❤

• Heart

Jellybean093

VIP Member
I didn’t even think about sizing for after birth, good job you said that before I went and bought size 10s (wishful thinking 😂)
Before I had my first (naive 21 year old) I bought new pjs for the hospital after birth, in my PRE baby size. A size 8, when I should’ve had at least a 12 😂 I didn’t realise the bump doesn’t go straight away and thought I’d be back into my size 8s 😂 12 years later, I’m still waiting!

• Haha

wakametango

Chatty Member
I have been on the phone to my friends for the past hour because I had a scare in the toilet earlier. I genuinely had to check if babies head was coming out because as I wiped everything felt so big and kind of open.

finished up and had a feel and my vagina, both lips, had expanded three times their size!
I felt like I had a hot dog bun in between my legs, it was literally all hanging down 😂😂 I couldn’t close them

quick google told me that ive just got extra blood flow, lucky me!! It’s gone down now, only double in size 😆darent wear legging to my afternoon tea later, they would think I’ve come with my own baguette 🥖

• Wow
  • Haha

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
I love colourful and patterned baby clothes. They look so joyful 😊

Im Back from the hospital now. Was im for just over 4 hours i think. Feel knackered now. Told partner i fancy a curry but dont fancy cooking.

All good with baby but theyve booked me in for a growth scan sometime in the next 5 working days. They will call me on the day and ask me to go in. Have plans with a friend visiting from Three hours away on thurs/fri so i am hoping they call mon/tues/wed 🤞🤞🤞

• Heart

LongishCat

VIP Member
Smallpotato!!! I'm sooo happy for you ❤❤❤

Seconding the mixed feelings during pregnancy.
I'm actually not enjoying pregnancy. At all.
Constantly tired, still on anti-nausea medication, leaky boobs, etc, etc... Currently almost 24 weeks. The symptoms just don't seem to ever stop. I just want to press fast forward...
Getting pregnant sucked hard as well (PCOS, took well over a year to get pregnant). So it's been a sucky ride so far.
But I love my little girl so much already, love feeling her kicking about and can't wait to meet her. Although I do ask myself "what did we get ourselves into?!" sometimes 🤷‍♀️

I think it's only normal to second guess. We're hormonal AF, so it makes sense :p

• Heart

wakametango

Chatty Member
This is an interesting topic just wanted to add I really really wanted a baby so much I was even going to pay private for ivf but when I found out I felt sad it wouldn’t just be me and my partner anymore I know that sounds so ridiculous but it was because it was such a shock as I thought I would be able to control / predict it more with insemination. I think it is normal to have all these type of feelings I connect so much more with her now but I can understand how you feel 100% the movement is strange but now I see it as reassuring. I feel so so lucky right now but I felt really worried anxious etc for months x

Had my 31 week midwife appointment baby has in fact done what another tattler said they were worried about for their scan which is go on a growth spurt so now on 72nd however she isn’t concerned as she did this before then levelled out x
I will probably be disgusted at myself that I had such terrible thoughts and feelings throughout pregnancy because I’m not mean or nasty by nature! I just didn’t feel ready, I’m 35 soon so I think it’s hide time I grew up a little bit and moved onto the next chapter in my life.
It was going to happen but like you say I always thought I’d be in control of when and have the house I dreamed of first but 🤷🏼‍♀️ We’ll cope fine and they will be surrounded my love once she’s here.
and I have to admit, I don’t have many hobbies so I was actually getting a little bit bored of cleaning and watching tv every weekend trying to kill time!

• Heart

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Thanks for whoever brought up the topic. I definitely have moments of “wtf am I doing” despite this being a much wanted baby! Husband has two older children so I sometimes panic that deep down he isn’t going to be happy about being back in the newborn stage especially when friends joke about the sleepless nights etc, I think he’s worried about how he will cope now he’s older (mid 40s but a young mid 40s to be fair!) and I start to worry about whether we might resent the baby and miss our life which is carefree, full of spontaneous days and nights and trips away. I’m sure it’s just normal nerves and hormones and I fully expect to adore baby once they’re here; I also have never been particularly mumsy or maternal but I do love my friends little ones so I figure and pray it’ll all just work out. I’m trying to also think of nice things to do that we will be able to do with the baby so I don’t feel like “my old life” is going to completely disappear! Focusing on friends and people I know who are still fairly normal and have fun helps! I’ve got a real fear of being a complete mum bore with no interests or personality and desperately don’t want to be like that!

Waiting for my doctor to message me back. Haven’t felt baby move since last night. I’ve had an ice cold fizzy drink and some sugary food and have tried laying down quietly and then a shower and still nothing. I’m 22 weeks almost with an anterior placenta so my rational brain knows it’s probably just baby has moved themselves in to an awkward position still but after a few days of feeling them more regularly I feel pretty anxious now.

Last edited:
  • Heart

grumpycat

VIP Member
It’s not even 10am and we’ve talked about swollen and drained vaginas and pushing out your a hole and that @Smallpotato ’s tiny new potato is doing ok

I think we are on track for a midday nap ladies with all this excitement 😂

• Haha

Hannah_204

VIP Member
please tell me these amazing suggestions 🤣
My director is called Jody and in a big meeting the other day said ‘Jody can be used as a boys or girls name! Just saying 😜

mildly better than when he asked if I’d pick him if we were on naked attraction though I suppose 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick

Mel17

I’m almost 6 weeks pregnant, found out just over a week ago! Did it not feel real to anyone until they had a scan? 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart

Neo2021

VIP Member
I’m having a day where I feel really overwhelmed with everything. I feel exhausted and sick. I was going to do a shorter day at work but my workload means I won’t be able to.

I’m starting to doubt whether I can do this. I’m only 6w 3 days.

• Heart

grumpycat

VIP Member
My husband makes resin and silicone figures it’s ridiculous! I often say if he thought about the housework not being told (in a jokey way) then he’d not have time for hobbies! I get approx an hour to sit down on a night after the kiddos in bed and I’ve worked out.
Where do men get this extra time from?! I want in on it. Is it bernards watch?

• Haha

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
So not only did I have McDonald’s for dinner last night but my (very hungover) partner just ordered McDonald’s breakfast! I’d already eaten but still had a hash brown and orange juice 🙈 Promising myself I’m going to be healthier from next week haha

• Heart