Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
Feeling like im doing good today.
Have done 3 sets of kegel exercises
Already had 8 drinks of water/tea
Watched 2 positive birth stories
Might read some of my posotive birthing or baby book in a bit.

First time in 27 weeks ive managed to do 3 sets of kegels. Im so bad at remembering, or i only remember when i need the loo and so its not the right time.

Saw my mum friend with a 7 month old. Had a bit of a cry #hormones. She totally got it.

I feel heard 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
So I'm about to have a bit of a pregnant lady rant because I've had a good cry today out of frustration and upsetness
All thanks to DFS

So we've had problems with this delivery from dfs since October
We ordered a bed
Paid for deliver and assembly
Bed that was delivered and assembled had two panels the wrong colour in December
They were apologetic said a new bed would come and be assembled etc
January came and they said the new bed was coming
Delivery men came with a load of boxes and expect my pregnant butt to go upstairs and quickly dismantle a bed and bring it downstairs and carry said boxes upstairs because apparently because of covid they couldn't built the bed
So they took the boxes and left
Fast forward to May, they come to build the new bed and its the WRONG BED
So they contact the supplier the supplier contacts me directly and arrange someone to come build the new bed again

So today this supplier person arrives at my house
Hes alone. He can't speak any English at all. He isn't wearing a mask.
I have to ask him 3 times to wear a mask and he doesn't put it on properly at all.
He isn't wearing gloves
He carries a new headboard upstairs alone and dents my walls and scuffs my walls
He keeps leaving the front door open - i have 3 cats that are all indoor cats, 2 of which are girls that haven't been fixed yet. And I ask him several times to please close the door.
I have to nip for a wee - because let's be honest at 37 weeks pregnant when am I not needing a wee.
I come out the toilet and hes left my door open and one of my cats is missing.
So I start crying and he says "I have to have the door open for the bed innit"
So I'm heavily pregnant on the floor looking under cars for my cat
Thankfully my cat Maui is a good boy and went straight to the back garden and just sat at the back door waiting to be let back in.
But I was in bits.
And then to add to the covid spectacular this man that I don't know tries to touch me with no gloves on and judging by his lack of mask wearing hes probably not sanitised his hands and keeps telling me to calm down.
So I've been all upset. I've had to go and spray disinfectant all over my house and I've been made to feel silly by the delivery man for getting upset, even though he nearly lost my cat and could have brought god knows what into the house when I could go into labour any day.
My partner is furious and already been on the phone to dfs and is currently waiting on a manager callback.
Have I over reacted and let hormones take over or is my anger and upsetness justified?

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
Hi everyone, we are looking at buying some nursery furniture soon but me and my husband can't agree (like with everything it seems atm) 🙄 does anybody have any recommendations for a decent, affordable nursery set? Thanks!
I got everything from IKEA (not necessarily nursery furntiure) it worked out so much cheaper. Swear shops slap on an extra £100 to put nursery on the front of it!

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
Really love how we’re all at different stages on this thread - reading peoples posts who aren’t as far along make me remember those things like first flutters/movements (even though it wasn’t that long ago!) and reading people further ahead makes me excited for what’s to come 🥰🥰

I’ve been feeling a bit down today, the weathers awful work is busy and my partners going out tonight for the football. So I’ve decided to get myself McDonald’s for dinner, catch up on all my crap tv and have a chill out night to myself!
I feel the same. 😊

Im off to go and see a quiet place 2 tonight. My stress and anxiety levels are going to be
Sky high, wonder if baby will pick up on it hehe.

Getting ready to advertise my car for sale. Its time to get a post 2013 (was told its safer for car seats) and generally bigger car. Excited! 😁

Reactions: 9

Dairymassey

Chatty Member
I'm 27 weeks, and this baby NEVER stops kicking. It's constant. Are any other mums to be the same ? I'm so tired, the HG and fainting is bad enough to be dealing with 😔 I feel so low

• Heart

Smallpotato

VIP Member
I’m in floods of tears this morning as it’s my first day after 2 weeks off sick. It’s honestly pathetic!

• Heart
  • Sad

Dipdab

VIP Member
Yeah I defo need this in my life!

I’ve been keeping up with the cleaning but not as much as I used to, just doing bits and pieces as I go throughout the week. I’d like to get a proper deep clean before the baby arrives, maybe have the carpets cleaned as all our decorating will be finally done by then…

Guys it’s Friday night, everyone’s at the pub and I’m in on my own eating Colin the caterpillar cakes and thinking about house cleaning 😬
I’m actually secretly happy I have an excuse not to go the pub and pretend to be interested in football 😂 my husband said earlier “are sure you don’t mind me going”. I practically pushed him out the door as I’m spending the night catching up with the hills and eating twister ice lollies 🤷‍♀️

• Haha

Smallpotato

VIP Member
How is it only 8am and my partner is already pissing me off. Glad hes off out with a friend today 🥳
Partners are twats. I was so angry at mine yesterday. I got home around 9pm after work; he didn’t answer his phone when I was driving home so I guessed toddler was keeping him busy. I wanted an update on the school meeting about toddler he had, no worries.

get home and he’s on the Xbox, hasn’t made me a drink or anything to eat and tells me about the school meeting inbetween talking to his mates on the game.

fuck off honestly! I made tea and went and drank it in bed. Oh then texted him saying go fuck yourself.

• Haha
  • Heart

grumpycat

VIP Member
My baby is 2 months old. Great birth and a really good girl (slept through the night mostly from
The beginning)

I keep thinking about having another baby. I really want one. I told some friends yesterday who thought I was crazy.

Not on any contraception so just gonna see what happens 🤷‍♀️
i think they advise waiting 6-12months to let your body settle post birth as I think there is a higher chance of complications so soon but I could be wrong - deffo worth speaking to GP or health visitor though.

8Weeks PP is still quite early and everything is settling down - your organs moving, hormones, finally getting into the swing of thing etc - however the choice is yours.
Also it’s worth just thinking about things like 2 under 2, and thinking about the harsh realities of it (not to scare you, but to think it through properly) everyone has a preference with age gaps etc. As I said, the choice is yours 💖

I don’t mean this to be rude, but I dislike the idea that a baby sleeping through the night is a ‘good baby’ some people do get lucky, but overall they’re made to wake up, it’s what babies do. Just when I was a first time mum people would ask about this and I felt like such a failure, there’s a lot of first time mums here and I’d hate them to get that idea. My first randomly slept through the night at 8 months and had been a fantastic sleeper ever since, even that just happened when she was ready, and I feel lucky it happened that early!
i agree with this so much.

The one thing I’ve learnt with my first child was sleep is a phase. Sometimes he would sleep well, sometimes he wouldn’t, I always expected him to hit X age and then sleep through but at 3.5 now, some nights he’ll wake after a bad dream or something.
all in all he does well but i spent the first year thinking I was failing because he didn’t do what my friends kids did - and that was my biggest regret of the first year!

• Heart

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Ready for all the judgement in the world from my friends for the fact that I work from home currently and have just hired a cleaner for the next 2 months
My spd has gotten so bad that I burst into tears in pain from unloading and reloading the dishwasher (pathetic i know)
And even though my partner never complains, I feel awful that on his one day off a week he has he feels like he needs to hoover and stuff.
Hate how useless I feel doing day to day tasks currently

• Sad
  • Heart

Dairymassey

Chatty Member
Had our 3D/4D scan on Thursday, it was wonderful to see baby , got video clips of them sucking their thumb, playing with their feet, yawning. Very active baby. I got up off the clinic bed and fainted again , out cold 🙈 I'm 26 weeks. The fainting has me on edge as I can't drive or go anywhere. 😐 can't do anything nice 😔

• Sad
  • Heart

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
Regarding Amazon prime day, I had a baby monitor in my basket and today went to buy it and it hadn’t gone down in price, I clicked on the baby monitor and there was the new prime day price. I had to add that to my basket and delete the other one out. I got £40 off. So if your basket hasn’t gone down in price may be worth just checking in case the product itself has 🙂

Last edited:

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
Well we announced yesterday! Strangely no one suspected a thing even though I have a pretty big ish bump for my figure 🤣. Everyone took it really well which I wasn’t expecting! (Not got a great family dynamic tbh but that’s for another thread) Still feel a bit sad how the whole world knows now as a family member posted it on Facebook within minutes of us leaving theres so family found out through fb before we could get to them and they were the firsts family we told. I really liked keeping it just between me and my partner and close friends for those 20 weeks. Like we were all in this exciting pregnancy bubble together with no stresses but it is what it is I guess 🤣

Dipdab

VIP Member
So the other night me and hubby wrote down a little list of names we both like. When I say we he did the writing. After all this name chat today I decided to have a look. Half the names he has spelt wrong 😑🤔 so I think they might be off the shortlist 😂😂

• Haha

Dipdab

VIP Member
Pretty sure I felt something last night but I’m doubting myself. It was like light bubbles popping in my lower left side. I’m 17 weeks today so probably still a bit early to be babies movements?

• Heart

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
Its all good. Midwife came over. Babys back is facing my tummy, so her limbs are facing inside which is why i havent been able to feel her. Good heartbeat and measuring right on. 😊 relief. Out for brunch now.

I hope you’re okay lovely @PineappleTopper.

I feel so overwhelming sad today. I’m just sat having a sob. No idea why. I think this entire past year has caught up on me, and I just want to stop now. Just stop and be quiet.
Im so sorry youre feeling sad. I think we have all had those days. Be extra kind to yourself today. This past year has been awful for everyone. I think it will stay with us for several years to come. Xxx

Sending you a big hug @Smallpotato

• Heart