Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Abcd123

VIP Member
I just checked as I couldn’t remember the actual guidelines, but gov say if possible, women with underlying health conditions can WFH, so I don’t think CEV and CV doesn’t matter too much here…that was the question mark with me.
I asked my GP, pregnancy consultant and haematologist consultant their opinion on CEV/CV, think I was CV in the end. I got my GP to put in writing that I was at increased risk. My head said that that guidance was from my ‘personal doctor’, as if I’m some celeb with a private dr 😆 so OH would help give an opinion too. He was an arse and said I wasn’t able to WFH as I couldn’t teach from home, which was my role.
But I pushed and said my role needed adapting as per gov guidelines.
Another good question is to ask your head who is responsible if you get covid and end up in hospital or (heaven forbid) your baby or you don’t make it. They are responsible but it allows them to understand the severity of their decision. I said my family needed to know who to go to if I didn’t make it. She could take that comment as she wishes 🙃
on the other hand my friend was allowed to wfh from about 12 weeks as the head didn’t want the responsibility of managing a pregnant woman during a pandemic! Good luck x
Goodness me!!! There's about 5 pregnant women's t my school, all still there. We're a MAT they pretty much do what they want.

I'm only 22 weeks and I'm double jabbed thankfully, might use the above info for after summer though to try not to return as I'll be 28 eeks by then. Thx v much.

Edit to ask if you had to pay for the GP letter? I may try and get similar...

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Your manager is actually ridiculous. There is no way I’d feel safe to do a 120 mile round drive after a night shift. How many weeks are you now?! I’m highly recommending my night exemption I’ve got right now 😂 but in all seriousness I’d take this one to HR if they won’t change your shift
I’m only 11 weeks but at the time of the appointment I’ll be 18 weeks. I’ve rang my friend who is an RCN rep to clarify it all!

You are entitled to paid time.off for appointments. Can they let you finish an hour earlier?
Im a nurse, and there will be no one to handover. My Trust state “reasonable time” but I work 13.5hr shifts, so they see this as reasonable as I finish my shift and I have time for the appointment. Ridiculous!

Smallpotato

VIP Member
She's 6 now, she had her annual review recently and it looks as good as the other hip although she'll be reviewed in another 2 years just to be sure as she had closed reduction surgery but she's doing brilliantly, thanks :) If it's certified by the hip dysplasia institute then it's ggod, basically your looking for one that their wee hips are spread out and bum lower than the knees and face inwards as it gives them more support rather than their wee legs dangling. I used a wrap with my 2nd as I was able to adjust it myself until she was in a position I was happy with
nothing to add but I have hip dysplasia! I had a hip replacement in 2018 as treatment in the 80s was shite. So pleased your little one is okay!

tab83xx

I’m 38 with 2 children, the youngest being 2 years old, my husband wants another one but I’m unsure… I feel like it’s now or never. My husband works long hours so it will all be on me as it is at the moment. Is he being unfair wanting another child or am I overthinking things… Anyone else been in the same situation and what did you decide? If you decided not to have anymore did you regret not doing so..?

wakametango

Chatty Member
it’s like a bell curve if you remember much of gcse maths 😂 so if you had 100 people just like you, the 50th centile would be the baby bang in the middle and totally average. 90th centile means in the top 10% of heaviest babies. Take it with a pinch of salt though, growth charts are only really designed to find small babies and not so good at finding big babies 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’ve just woken from a three hour nap. It wasn’t even on purpose, I fell asleep accidentally while waiting for my toddler to go to sleep. I feel like I’m now going to be awake for hours 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️😭
No memory of bell curves 🤣
Ok, Jesus… can’t wait to see how accurate this has all been!

I fell asleep at 4 for an hour too as my tummy hurt so much today, will be trawling through all kind of threads to entertain myself!

standupsitdown

Chatty Member
Baby 2 here, purchased the Aldi - yes you read thst right ladies - the Aldi travel system today! £170 which includes the pram, toddler buggy, newborn carrycot too and rain cover. Gets great reviews, looks fab. I can't bare to spend anymore than that on a pram! ❤👍
Hi, is that the ikkle bubba one?

Yep I literally ordered mine this morning. Just under 40 quid which isn't too bad. I always knew I would do it though as I've had group B strep in the past that was picked up on a UTI test. It can be transient so I may not have it now but I think better safe than sorry.
Ah then definitely if you’ve had it before. Also thinking it can’t do any harm - I’ve read the website now and it’s slightly scared me!

Amberella

I have a rip roaring chest infection and work are honestly taking the piss. I ask for a date off (either annual leave or a rostered day off) so I can attend my consultant appointment in a hospital an hour away from home. This morning I get an email confirming that I am indeed off that day… as I finish 3 nights that morning. The appointment is at 9am, I finish nights in a hospital 60 miles away at 8am (if I’m lucky…)

what the fuck am I doing to do 🤦🏼‍♀️ I emailed back saying that I need the entire day off and was told that they were confused as I do have the day off. No I don’t!

I swim most days, but I’ve started wearing sliders from the changing room to the pool as it’s gross. I have a normal Adidas suit!
Wow that’s mad!! Can you tell them what time you need to finish and see if that helps knock some sense into them?

I’m gonna go and have a look at some suits after work, need to really get moving.

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
When I was 8 weeks I had a blood test and iron levels were okay then but I guess it can easily change?! I’ve been taking my pregnancy vitamins but I don’t eat much meat or spinach! Just scary that my vision completely went for a while! I’ll drop my midwife a text just in case, thanks both 🙏🏼❤
Yeah defo do, mine were fine at my booking then dropped massively by my 26 week appt!

Jellybb

VIP Member
Oh no! I'd have been really looking forward to the treat if having my makeup done.
I swear by my Lancome teint idole.
I was and the wedding is on in the back arse of no where so it is hard to get another mua 🙄 I was really contemplating staying in my home house and getting my makeup done here (3 hours from the venue) but of course the wedding is on at noon so cannot get anyone that early 😭😡

grumpycat

VIP Member
I got spd at 13 weeks babe please go to the doctors it’s awful they will refer you to physio it doesn’t do much but I really suggest a pregnancy pillow to put between your legs. Depending where your baby is lay the pain will come and go mine was really bad then the past two weeks she has moved and grown a lot seems to be slightly more bareabkw but some days I cannot physically stand or walk so take it easy xx
Thank you! I have actually been sleeping with a pillow between my legs as if I sleep on my back it aches like bugger so that does help. I had an inkling it could be SPD as I had a touch of it in my last pregnancy towards the end and some days now if I’ve worked out too much or walked too much I get a pain on my top inner thigh.

I’ll mentioned it to the midwife when I see her which isn’t for a while but I’ll Google some physio to do on the meanwhile xxx

Zoe88

Hello everyone, finally found it here. Is/has anyone not got on well with the folic acid supplements? They've made my skin go bumpy?? And yes fairly constipated 😐