Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Smallpotato

VIP Member
I’m the poster who had friends, family and strangers revel in telling how I am, my midwife got me a scan to see how big she is actually measuring as she agreed my bump is large. Has anyone been told their baby has a big head or had a first baby with a big head? I’m worried about the delivery, like getting stuck, forceps & shoulder dysplasia.
I can only find birth stories online with women who have had large babies as their second.
My baby is on track to be 9-10lb and her head measurement was off the scale thingy.
I’ve felt miserable since finding this out this morning. I’m 29+3 I think, I’m too miserable to even double check on the app x
my son was 11lbs at 37weeks, I’ll happily share our plan and what happened.

• Wow
Reactions: 8

Spillit2356

View attachment 628724

I heard they make them feel secure and happy. You deffo don't need them though, there are lots of articles all over the place, there isn't a definite answer as with everything!

I was thinking about getting them as I'm terrified about SIDS (I"m sure everyone is though)
Swaddles are great, it really does comfort them, gives them that close feeling like they are back in the womb but try and look for hip healthy ones, babies hips should never be forced closed, should be in a froggy position 🐸 My first was born with hip dysplasia so I'm really hip aware

Dipdab

VIP Member
I really don’t know how I’m going to carry on. I’m 17 weeks and already struggling at work with tiredness. I don’t have the option of working from home with my job so will probably have to take leave earlier than I planned to. Wish my office had a little room where I could take a lunchtime nap, would help so much 😂

• Heart

Hushpuppy

VIP Member
Morning all. Happy Sunday / Father's Day! I've just tried watching a 45 min chat about hypnobirthing with my partner who laughed his way through it. Naturally, I'm now questioning my birth partner because my hormones are complete stable.... 🙄🤣

• Haha

Omghon

Just went for a wax and the lady that does it asked me again when I’m due. When I said start of October she said oh you’re quite big already then, are you sure it’s not twins?

🙄🙄🙄 thanks 🙄🙄🙄
🙄 its so annoying isnt it!!!
Why do people think it’s an acceptable thing to say?! 😂

I’m 5ft2 usually a size 8/10, 27 weeks pregnant and I’ve only put on 7lbs.
A good handful of people have commented - are you sure it’s not twins?. I’ve been to enough scans now to be certain there is just one in there 😑. I honestly don’t even feel that big but thanks to them I now feel like the size of an elephant and question it a lot 🥲

• Heart

Elsass

Chatty Member
Who knew pregnancy nosebleeds were a thing before they were pregnant?? Why does no one talk about these things? Got a raging nosebleed in work while people nodded knowingly. What else don’t I know about 😂

Reactions: 7

AshW333

Hey congratulations and welcome to the best thread 🧵 on here! I want to say to you stop googling I have been upset worried crying for over half of my pregnancy so far and now in my third trimester I am now only just enjoying it. Take each week as it comes and it is normal to worry but also try and smile even if it is to yourself. Things which helped my anxiety were additional private scans I had an early scan at the hospital as it took us years to conceive and I basically thought I had period pain after my positive test- turns out I was 6 weeks pregnant and saw my little shrimp on the screen I really couldn’t believe my eyes. I have had two private scans one at 17 weeks which was more for my partner to know the sex of the baby for me I reassured me she was growing well. Then at 29 weeks I had a hd scan. I attended the normal Nhs 12 + 20 week plus one growth scan and my early scan the doctor sent me to. Make sure you are taking your vitamin d and folic acid. Try and think positively because negative thoughts invade my mind and I have to block them out now and try and enjoy it. If you are really struggling you may be able to get pre natal therapy I probably should have had this but didn’t know about it. This thread has helped me deal with a lot of emotions and so many women on here have reassured me worry is normal. You can ask anything and I bet some wonderful lady can help really wish you the best because I have been there and ir is over whelming xx
Thank you so much ☺ sorry to hear that you found the first 2 trimesters so difficult, really hope you are able to enjoy this last bit before baby arrives! I think I was so naive before and thought pregnancy would be such a happy time, but I will definitely put my phone down a lot more and just try to relax. Thanks for the advice, I started taking the vitamins as soon as I found out, and I’m going to speak to my partner about an early scan, I think hearing a heart beat will really help put my mind at ease, I really want to enjoy pregnancy and not be a bag of nerves the whole time! Good luck with everything!

Dipdab

VIP Member
Anyone feel like they need to be strapped down in bed so they stay asleep on their side. I have a pillow either side of me but I always wake up on back or half on my tummy half on the pillow 🤷‍♀️

Dipdab

VIP Member
If your placenta is at the back it could be more detectable as mine is so strong but I think you can get these feelings from that stage onwards everyone is different as well like if your slimmer as well apparently you can feel it earlier xx
So I’ve got 2 placentas one at front and one at the back (which blows my a mind a bit). That’s why I wasn’t sure if it would feel anything yet. I’ll see if i get it again. ☺

Definitely not too early and there’s 2 in there wriggling away so more than likely it was movements 😍 so lovely. I felt my first movements at around 16/17 weeks both pregnancies and it was like bubbles popping xx
Ooh that’s exciting, I’m hoping it happens again soon!

Ilando

VIP Member
Anyone else absolutely knackered today? Didn’t get up until 9am and have been back in bed since 4pm!!!

taking full advantage of the last month that I won’t have a tiny human to look after 😊

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
My baby is 2 months old. Great birth and a really good girl (slept through the night mostly from
The beginning)

I keep thinking about having another baby. I really want one. I told some friends yesterday who thought I was crazy.

Not on any contraception so just gonna see what happens 🤷‍♀️
My friend also said this really soon after birth like a month my only advice is if that is really what you want go for it but she has now decided to wait as she thinks it was her hormones so maybe wait a little longer. If you had a good pregnancy and birth then just see what happens I have really bad spd so for me it is not something I would do again so soon however i know lots of women do x how did you get her to sleep through the night btw x

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
Ahh that is so cute! We’re going to have another private one in a few weeks time, I’ll be about 29 weeks and they do a 4D ‘sneak peek’ 😍
Honestly the hd add on is unreal like I wish I could post it because I can’t believe it you will love it!! I feel like I’ve just really realised like I am actually pregnant like wow 🤩 looking at prams has really set me off too I am in awe of my mum and everyone in the group because it really is the craziest experience!!! Actually concerned at the size of my feet usually a size 4 now had to buy size 6 sandals my ankles are massive x

• Heart

Neo2021

VIP Member
I’ve just rang the doctors to make a midwife appointment, compared to my last experience they were lovely! She’s going to ring in 2/3 weeks to book me in!

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
Why why WHY did I think working up to 38 weeks was a good idea 😭
10 more days of 4.30am starts. Also SO much pressure in my pelvis and feet in my ribs so that's also fun 🤣
Hope everyone's having a better day than me 🙃

• Heart
  • Sad

Londonsays

Chatty Member
Thank you, I had thought I couldn’t but hoping I was wrong. Might put my feet in for a couple of minutes. We’re at a spa today so I’ll just have a swim and enjoy my facial later. Thank you again x

Hannah_204

VIP Member
I have a few different groups of friends and one of them I’m the first to get pregnant two are married one is single but they seam to be going out of their way to be disinterested and discuss how their not sure they want children all the time and make the meet ups as late and boozy as possible. I feel like their being a bit mean but am I just being oversensitive? We’re all 33 btw it’s not like we’re teenagers.

• Angry
  • Sad

Hbirdette

VIP Member
So glad you had a great birth. People keep telling me horror stories at the moment so happy to know it’s possible! ❤

I’m the same; it really wound me up when people told me horror stories right before I was due! I loved my birth, I think even if I had a terrible time I’d resist from telling someone that was due to give birth as it really doesn’t help the situation 😆

Does anyone have recommendations for nice bath bits?

I’m normally more of a shower person but am loving baths since being pregnant. Seeing as there’s football on tonight (AGAIN) I was going to pop out at lunch to buy some bubble bath/face mask etc to give myself a pamper evening!
I loved bath bombs from lush when I was wanting a pamper

• Heart

grumpycat

VIP Member
I am fully terrified of restrictions going back to full lockdown or similar meaning stricter restrictions in maternity wards. Absolutely disgraceful that they treat pregnant women like cattle STILL, despite large crowds of people being able to gather for one reason or another.
This my worry come the end of the year 😩

• Sad