Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Really love how we’re all at different stages on this thread - reading peoples posts who aren’t as far along make me remember those things like first flutters/movements (even though it wasn’t that long ago!) and reading people further ahead makes me excited for what’s to come 🥰🥰

I’ve been feeling a bit down today, the weathers awful work is busy and my partners going out tonight for the football. So I’ve decided to get myself McDonald’s for dinner, catch up on all my crap tv and have a chill out night to myself!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Dipdab

VIP Member
I am so worried about not having my fiancé with me & another lockdown it is really setting my anxious side off again. My partner is like a bull in a China shop and he will have to be physically be removed from me or he will climb a drain pipe and talk to me through the window 😆 x
Yep this is my greatest worry about having a winter baby. My trust has relaxed the rules and partners are allowed at all times. Just pray it stays

• Heart
Reactions: 13

LongishCat

VIP Member
Have my 20 weeks scan tomorrow. Can't wait to see her again ❤
She's happily kicking away at the moment.

I'm still super tired though 😩 Doesn't help that I worked 12 hours today with about 20 min break. Ugh...

Hope everyone else is doing well ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Mcdonalds not having chicken selects (the one thing I have craved throughout) I'm taking as a hate crime at this point 😂😂

• Haha
  • Sad

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Here for the fun! Love these threads, and I feel like a proud mummy watching some of you go from finding out you’re pregnant to getting so far along 🥰

• Heart

Kitt

VIP Member
Hi everyone, 31 weeks today and mostly doing fine except the pregnancy insomnia hit last week and it’s been unreal. Getting 4 or 5 hours a night and just wake up about 4:30 and am just wide awake. Every single night. So glad I’m not at work now cause I wouldn’t be functioning. Biggest issue is my mood has been quite low from just being so tired. Any advice on this would be good? Hopefully just a little phase.

• Heart

Borntorun

VIP Member
My MIL speaks no English which generally helps relations 😁 hubby is wise enough to not translate anything too controversial that she says. Honestly I’d recommend it as a way to get along 😂😂

• Haha

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Waters haven't broke.
Tightening of my tummy and my cramps are apparently a sign he shall be coming soon
And hes is 3/5 where he should be in my pelvis for labour

• Heart

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
Has anyone experienced negative/disappointing reaction when you tell people that you’re having a girl(s) or another girl etc? We’re not going out of our way to tell people but if someone asks about gender I’ve told them. However I keep getting “condolences to your husband” “he’s outnumbered” “think you’ll try for a boy next”. I’m trying not to let it affect me as we’re both thrilled to be having girls but I just feel a bit sad it’s not the same reaction it would be if we announced it was 2 boys or 1 of each ….
I'm one of three girls and people would constantly send 'commiserations' to my dad. He always replied with 'I'm relieved to be honest, I know what boys are like - I was a nightmare 😂 '

Honestly my new favourite thing for rude/intrusive comments (on anything) is just to ask why. 'Why would I/my husband be disappointed?/What makes you say that?' etc. It forces the other person to reflect on what they've said and they soon feel like a tit. Other than that I'd just be super breezy and make it clear that you're both thrilled to be having another girl, actually.

I swear there's something about births, marriages and deaths that really brings out the bastard in people.

• Haha

Hannah_204

VIP Member
agreed with the electrical issues. Our town has a lot of Porsche Caynenes and I love the look of them!
I feel like this group is full of good drivers! I was banned from driving my partners bmw after I sent four cones flying on the dual carriage way at 50. Only allowed a corsa until I ‘learn to drive’ 😳

• Haha

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
36+1 today abd last things we need are arriving thanks to amazon tomorrow, I can finally relax now.
Hospital bag fully packed with everything.
Ready for baby boy 💙

• Heart

SavvyBee

VIP Member
I’m feeling reassured after an appointment with my doctor today - she said 50% of her cases are c-sections (35% on NHS) of which only maybe 1 in 5 is an emergency (25% elective on NHS, 10% emergency). And she said in only very rare cases are they crashing through doors / panic stations emergencies, she prides herself on being good at spotting signs and keeping things nice and calm when she can tell things are headed that way. I said I wasn’t particularly set on any type of birth and am kind of go with the flow and she said she usually advises people to spend as much time thinking about ways to make their plan B / less preferred alternatives nicer. So for example if you really don’t want a c-section, you should still spend some time thinking about ways that would make that a better experience for you so that if you don’t get the birth you want, you’re not necessarily left feeling totally disappointed as there are still some aspects that went how you wanted. I thought it was an interesting approach to consider and I’ll definitely give it some thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11

Smallpotato

VIP Member
I started welling up reading this and got to the last line and actually balled! ❤❤
dont cry!!!

Honestly my Dad started saying how he’s going to play football with him, and name his company “and Grandson”, it was so sweet.

My Dad is desperate for me to have another boy!

• Heart

SavvyBee

VIP Member
I was really annoyed my MIL said “oh I had a feeling”…. Well your frozen shocked face and lack of reaction for ten seconds said otherwise, and you’d have no reason to have had an inkling so please stop! I think sometimes people just feel like they have to say something and love to feel like a know it all.

Have my 20 weeks scan tomorrow. Can't wait to see her again ❤
She's happily kicking away at the moment.

I'm still super tired though 😩 Doesn't help that I worked 12 hours today with about 20 min break. Ugh...

Hope everyone else is doing well ❤
Aww I have my scan tomorrow too! Feeling a mix of nerves and excitement. I’ll be 20 weeks actually on Friday and feeling really well, thankfully! Anterior placenta so haven’t felt anything yet, well two small pops but to be frank I’ve had so much wind I really couldn’t say for sure it was baby and not just my tummy!! 🥴Can’t wait to start feeling him or her. We are team surprise so I’m hoping I don’t go in and see a willy on screen right away!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Ilando

VIP Member
32 weeks and had a scan today to check if placenta had moved out the way. Good news is that it has, bad news is that I appear to be growing a giant so need to be tested for diabetes

I’m only petite so the thought of a huge baby is not a pleasant thought 🥴

• Heart

Londonsays

Chatty Member
I did the free 2 hour baby academy course this morning and I definitely would recommend to any first time parents or anyone lacking in confidence. It was really informative but not to the point of overloading information, just the right amount and I learned things. Really glad I did it.