Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
Currently about to film a "whats in my hospital bag" video for my little youtube channel and honestly wondering why it looks like I've packed to go away for a week 😂😂
I always thought about making a channel then hoping people start a thread about me and I can just look at it and laugh haha 😂 I think I’m just strange but anyway I think those kinds of videos are really helpful because I literally have no effing clue x

• Haha
Reactions: 9

moimoi

VIP Member
I've bought two prams. I've always loved them and couldn't wait to own my own!!! Literally love going to 'testdrive' prams in shops, I would always head straight to the pram section in a shop without even thinking about it. I've gone for a Mima Xari and a Babyzen Yoyo.

In other news I've just been sick, which was pleasant as I had spaghetti for dinner. 🙄🤣🤦🏼‍♀️
I threw up with spaghetti during my pregnancy and couldn’t eat it again throughout! For some reason I also threw it up in the bath as opposed to the toilet (no idea why) so pulling out spaghetti from the plug was a lowlight! 🥴

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Ive given up today. 22weeks, I look full term, babies in every position in my back & I honestly don't think I can work anymore I'm so exhausted and sore 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

wakametango

Chatty Member
I’m the poster who had friends, family and strangers revel in telling how I am, my midwife got me a scan to see how big she is actually measuring as she agreed my bump is large. Has anyone been told their baby has a big head or had a first baby with a big head? I’m worried about the delivery, like getting stuck, forceps & shoulder dysplasia.
I can only find birth stories online with women who have had large babies as their second.
My baby is on track to be 9-10lb and her head measurement was off the scale thingy.
I’ve felt miserable since finding this out this morning. I’m 29+3 I think, I’m too miserable to even double check on the app x

• Heart

Smallpotato

VIP Member
I don’t mean this to be rude, but I dislike the idea that a baby sleeping through the night is a ‘good baby’ some people do get lucky, but overall they’re made to wake up, it’s what babies do. Just when I was a first time mum people would ask about this and I felt like such a failure, there’s a lot of first time mums here and I’d hate them to get that idea. My first randomly slept through the night at 8 months and had been a fantastic sleeper ever since, even that just happened when she was ready, and I feel lucky it happened that early!
when people asked me if my newborn was good, I would always say “well he hasn’t robbed a bank lately!”

My baby is 2 months old. Great birth and a really good girl (slept through the night mostly from
The beginning)

I keep thinking about having another baby. I really want one. I told some friends yesterday who thought I was crazy.

Not on any contraception so just gonna see what happens 🤷‍♀️
a few of my friends did this, unfortunately it wasn’t for me. As much as I knew I wanted another, I wanted time with just me and my boy and for him to have my undivided attention. My friends who did do this loved it, they got all the baby stuff out of the way quickly!

My daughter slept through the night initially too. Then she hit the four month sleep regression and woke hourly every single night until she was a year old. She’s now two and still isn’t much of a sleeper 😬😂
my son is 4 and still has a nap. No clue how he will cope at school!

Cheers lasses, sounds like it's worth asking for then. Saves me buying it for another 20ish weeks.

When are you due in @Smallpotato ?
Your workplace (well, manager) sounds like it takes the absolute harshest interpretation of all the policies that are designed to support staff satisfaction and work/life balance, it's ridiculous. Heathcare professionals shouldn't be crying before work and dragging themselves in unwell.
I wanted to say thank you for this. My trust relies a lot on “manager discretion” so it depends if people like you or not. One person at work is pregnant and she’s a manager, so she’s getting her appointments off. I’m not, I have to shift swap. On Friday I was given a violent patient so I had to insist I was moved, which didn’t go down well!

I rang in around 4am as I felt terrible.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Smallpotato

VIP Member
I hope you’re okay lovely @PineappleTopper.

I feel so overwhelming sad today. I’m just sat having a sob. No idea why. I think this entire past year has caught up on me, and I just want to stop now. Just stop and be quiet.

• Heart

grumpycat

VIP Member
To those of you who are near labour - good luck!

i feel horrid today. I’ve had an intense headache the last two days, and today I almost threw my lunch up and had heart palpitations on and off
🥴

• Sad
  • Heart

Hannah_204

VIP Member
Filled with rage today for absolute no reason! Probably because I took a few days off last and I’m fuming to be back working 🤦🏽‍♀️😂! Being as awkward as possible for no reason does anyone else have days like this?

• Haha

littlepup

VIP Member
Oh the negative nappy bin chat is disappointing! We’re in a flat so have an indoor kitchen bin only (i don’t do bathroom bins) which needs taking down to the bin store in the street. Not an issue as it’s husband’s job but it’s a bit much to do it daily or multiple times a day so thought a nappy bin would definitely make life easier. Now thinking maybe I should just get a small outdoor bin and keep it at the front door or on the balcony but surely in the summer when the sun is on it it’ll stink?!
I’ve got a ‘compost caddy’ thing I use in the daytime and empty in the evening, it’s small but big enough for a day’s nappies. It’s totally impractical to leave or take baby and go out to the wheelie bin after every nappy change, particularly at night for us as it’s quite far away but I didn’t fancy the size and look of the nappy bins. Keeps smells pretty well contained and can spray it out easily after use. Think it was about £5. A pedal bin would do just as well but this is a good size and fits in one of those grey nappy caddy basket things.
DF5B3782-8E4A-47C7-A480-7E011A90DC88.jpeg

Just posted elsewhere This travel cot on Amazon looks good and they’ve got some good prime day deals on Tommee Tippee, similar price to Black Friday last year. As someone said up thread, if you can hold out for Black Friday there’s awesome deals to be had.

Last edited:

wakametango

Chatty Member
WTF is wrong with people....my work colleague told me today I didn’t look pregnant, just fat 😢
Disgusting bitch. I really think I’m going to start replying ‘worry about your own belly’ to the people who mention my bump in a negative way

• Haha

grumpycat

VIP Member
Hi everyone, I’m new to this thread 👋. Recently found out that I’m pregnant and it will be my first, really excited but also finding it really hard to not worry about something going wrong 🥺

I can’t wait for the first scan but also feel really anxious, does anyone have any tips on how they coped with the worry?
Hi, welcome!!

Congratulations ❤ If I’m honest, there is no easy way to get through the first few weeks except to take it day by day. the days then turn into weeks, but there’s never a time you don’t bloomin’ worry unfortunately! I think you just learn to have it and put it to the side.
It’s a worrisome time, but I promise it goes get a little easier bit by bit,and we are all here to be an ear to bend ❤

• Heart

Borntorun

VIP Member
I went to the baby show in London in my last pregnancy and it was a bit surreal?! (Perhaps because I come from a small town…) but I’ve never seen quite so many pregnant women in such a small space 😂 and the queues for the toilets were unreal, as you can imagine! I’ve got videos somewhere of my husband testing out prams in their buggy assault course thing 😂

• Haha

Borntorun

VIP Member
Visiting is exactly the same as it was pre-covid here… only difference is you can’t have your children visit on the postnatal ward.

I’ve successfully managed a 12.5 hour shift avoiding the covid patient without having to tell anyone why I don’t want to go into the covid patient. I’m considering that an achievement 😂

• Heart

Upintheair83

VIP Member
In regards to these influences trying to be relatable putting new mums off PP I totally agree!!!! Scares the shite out of me. However iv been watching and following Home with Shan and her videos are sooooo good! She's so relatable and bubbly. I think of all the people iv watched on you tube she just says it hoe it is,enjoys it and also doesn't hide when she's having a bad day. I also started watching Dani Dyer yday- and she was refreshingly really relatable too,which j was surprised by as I wasn't keen when she was on love Island. But her tips with baby were really good!!!

Also abit of a moan here- but I'm 40+1 now and I'm just so down. Nothing seems to be progressing, know baby is in perfect position because the midwife said hw was and im always on my ball!! Iv done eating the spicy food, the sex, the keeping active, raspberry leaf tea and just nothing seems to be working. Getting so down and had a little cry last night. I know it's silly because I know most people go over and I accept that. I don't know if it's partly because I haven't worked for over a year because of covid (cabin crew so furloughed) and I'm just so mindlessly bored and fed up,feels like this whole year has dragged and its forever a waiting game with work and now baby,always worrying and waiting. I know I shouldn't moan as I'm so grateful j have a job still and I'm pregnant- but I'm still allowed to feel these things. It doesn't help that Mt friend who was two days behind me had her baby last Friday. And she keeps texting me rubbing it in. And then everyone keeps asking if baby is here or if there's any signs- I didn't think these things would bother me as I'm usually so chill and laid back, but they really are. Just feel so fed up and down. I really don't want to be induced either and I'm fed up of the judgemental comments about that, just on a real downer today about jt all. Rant over!!!!

• Heart