Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s like me! 🙈🙈I just don’t know what to expect so every little change in how Iv been feeling I’m over analysing! Lol! Iv had a few tummy pains the last couple of days but could be anything. It’s such a strange feeling isn’t it? Knowing they could come any day! Are you sleeping ok? Xx
It’s so weird isn’t it! I had been sleeping surprisingly well but the last few days haven’t been so good! What about you?

Reactions: 1
It’s so weird isn’t it! I had been sleeping surprisingly well but the last few days haven’t been so good! What about you?
Iv not been sleeping great- getting up for a wee every hour and then trying to get comfy!!but last night I had a good sleep, which was amazing. It’s such a waiting game now though and I’m trying to take every day as it comes. Trying to stay calm and enjoy these last few days/ weeks of being just me and my partner. But it’s so hard when you are a mixture of excitement and nerves!! 🙈🙈🙈🤣🤣🤣xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So excited for those of you coming up to your due dates! Hope you’ll want to share your birth stories with us after, I find them so eye opening!

I’ve heard about possible upset stomach before birth too - my hairdresser said she was walking round the park the day before and was suddenly like “duck, we’ve got to go home” to her partner 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ready for all the judgement in the world from my friends for the fact that I work from home currently and have just hired a cleaner for the next 2 months
My spd has gotten so bad that I burst into tears in pain from unloading and reloading the dishwasher (pathetic i know)
And even though my partner never complains, I feel awful that on his one day off a week he has he feels like he needs to hoover and stuff.
Hate how useless I feel doing day to day tasks currently

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Ready for all the judgement in the world from my friends for the fact that I work from home currently and have just hired a cleaner for the next 2 months
My spd has gotten so bad that I burst into tears in pain from unloading and reloading the dishwasher (pathetic i know)
And even though my partner never complains, I feel awful that on his one day off a week he has he feels like he needs to hoover and stuff.
I don’t think it’s remotely pathetic - you do what you need to do to get by, if a cleaner helps then go for it! If you’re in pain then it’s a no brainer, you don’t want to make it worse for the sake of doing cleaning! No one should be trying to shame you for looking after yourself!! Also, you’re growing a baby which takes a huge toll on your body, so please don’t feel useless, you’re doing great 💕

(ps working from home is still working, the amount of snidey comments I got from friends about how it didn’t really count was unreal. If anything, I found it harder not having that separation between home and work and not being able to fully switch off!)

Reactions: 6
I think it’s a very sensible decision tbh. I hired one indefinitely when we decided to start ttc. I just remembered how awful I felt in the first trimester and figured I wouldn’t be up to much cleaning… then I remembered the exhaustion of the third trimester too. And then figured let’s make the newborn days as easy as possible 😂 so no judgement from here!

Reactions: 6
We have a cleaner. She comes every 2 weeks. We are useless at dusting and cleaning the bathroom. Her fee is always preferable to arguments over who 'should be doing xyz'.
Were working women. Bringing money home should make our lives easier right. So what if we spend it on a cleaner🤷🏻‍♀️ Screw other folks opinions. They dont live in your home or manage your finances..

They can keep their opinions to themselves thanks 😜

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yaaaas I rate this decision so highly! Good cleaners are genuinely life savers and can just take the mental load off by so much, as half the mental load with (and without!) kids is just keeping yourself and your house clean and fed. I am really considering hiring one end of third trimester and for the first few months of having 3 kids just to deep clean once every couple of weeks or weekly or whatever.

If your friends judge you then I absolutely urge them to spend just a day living with spd, your mental health will be thanking you for it every day. So sorry you’re having such an absolutely awful time of it all. I would say it’ll be worth it when they’re here but if someone said that to me while I was in the pits of bad hyperemesis I would have slapped them silly. You’re doing amazingly love ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
dont feel awful! I had my hip and femur replaced in 2018, and I hired a cleaner because like you, I felt awful for my husband doing chores and I just couldn’t do them. Best £40 a week I spent.

Reactions: 3
We’re thinking of getting a cleaner when the baby is here for the deep cleaning and we’ll keep up with the smaller stuff. No shame!!!

Reactions: 4
Just had a melt down at my husband as he’s stank the house out with some chemicals he’s been using after promising he wouldn’t do that kinda work anymore.
So paranoid about breathing in the fumes 😭😭 whole house stinks

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Did you watch any of the talks? I've written a list of the ones I want to watch over the weekend! There's quite a lot isn't it, just as well it's raining otherwise there's no chance my bf would have say in and watched with me 🤣

Did you watch any of the talks? I've written a list of the ones I want to watch over the weekend! There's quite a lot isn't it, just as well it's raining otherwise there's no chance my bf would have say in and watched with me 🤣

I haven’t yet sadly, I’ve been in work so planning on catching up on it at some point! Looking forward to watching stuff, won’t know where to start! Plan on spending all day in bed watching it tomorrow as a treat haha.
Yeah thank goodness for a rubbish weather weekend; the events come at the right time.

Just had a melt down at my husband as he’s stank the house out with some chemicals he’s been using after promising he wouldn’t do that kinda work anymore.
So paranoid about breathing in the fumes 😭😭 whole house stinks
Had the exact same situation, so glad somebody else understands and it's not just me being overly paranoid. Sent this post to my husband to show him it's not just me haha! It's so frustrating isn't it 😭

Reactions: 2
I went to the baby show in London in my last pregnancy and it was a bit surreal?! (Perhaps because I come from a small town…) but I’ve never seen quite so many pregnant women in such a small space 😂 and the queues for the toilets were unreal, as you can imagine! I’ve got videos somewhere of my husband testing out prams in their buggy assault course thing 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Had the exact same situation, so glad somebody else understands and it's not just me being overly paranoid. Sent this post to my husband to show him it's not just me haha! It's so frustrating isn't it 😭
It’s so horrible. I know the exposure is small but I don’t want it. Men 😡

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.