Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi ladies, thought I’d plonk my butt here!
Almost 21 weeks with my first, and really sick of the FB group I joined when I first found out.
Taking photos of bumps from 6 weeks, comparing and posting them for all to see really isn’t me 😂 I’m too much of a private person (I’m not that miserable honest😂)
Oh and my MIL handed me a pink bag last week from my husbands nana, who surprisingly knew the gender without us telling her.
My MIL is on thin ice at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Hi ladies, thought I’d plonk my butt here!
Almost 21 weeks with my first, and really sick of the FB group I joined when I first found out.
Taking photos of bumps from 6 weeks, comparing and posting them for all to see really isn’t me 😂 I’m too much of a private person (I’m not that miserable honest😂)
Oh and my MIL handed me a pink bag last week from my husbands nana, who surprisingly knew the gender without us telling her.
My MIL is on thin ice at the moment.
you’re amongst friends here!

my son is 4 and this morning we watched the bluey episode about Christmas. I said I was excited for Christmas (baby is due Christmas time/new year) and husband told our son that he might get a new brother or sister for Christmas. His eyes lit up and went “eeeeee!!! Really!!!! A baby sister!!!”

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Awful sleep last night too. Spent yesterday thoroughly cleaning the house including windows, skirting etc (I'm on a nesting mission!) and I think the aches and pains from doing that kicked in at night as my bump, legs and hips were aching like crazy. I just couldn't get comfy! Probably about 3 hours sleep in total. I don't know how those with babies/toddlers already cope! Today I'm looking forward to mostly doing nothing although I've also been told by midwife to not sit for too long on the sofa as baby could easily go back to back at this stage 😭

Reactions: 4
Awful sleep last night too. Spent yesterday thoroughly cleaning the house including windows, skirting etc (I'm on a nesting mission!) and I think the aches and pains from doing that kicked in at night as my bump, legs and hips were aching like crazy. I just couldn't get comfy! Probably about 3 hours sleep in total. I don't know how those with babies/toddlers already cope! Today I'm looking forward to mostly doing nothing although I've also been told by midwife to not sit for too long on the sofa as baby could easily go back to back at this stage 😭
Every ache, pain, cramp or swelling I have the advice is to keep moving! leave us alone!! 😤

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Hi ladies❤
I had my NIPT tests emailed this morning with a low risk for all ❤ So relived. I’ve told my grandparents too and my grandmother couldn’t believe it! She thought it was my sons scan pic until it twigged. I wish I’d filmed it it was lovely.

I also seem to have gained spots alllll along my chin including one mirroring the size and angriness of a volcano so that’s fun 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hi ladies❤
I had my NIPT tests emailed this morning with a low risk for all ❤ So relived. I’ve told my grandparents too and my grandmother couldn’t believe it! She thought it was my sons scan pic until it twigged. I wish I’d filmed it it was lovely.

I also seem to have gained spots alllll along my chin including one mirroring the size and angriness of a volcano so that’s fun 😂
So pleased for you ❤❤

• Heart
Have just sold my car. It belonged to my mum who sadly passed away nearly 10 years ago. I feel so sad. Only selling as it was getting v. Old, not so reliable and we need more space. Feel like today may be an emotional one.

Also, now have to start looking for and test driving cars. Im not the most confident driver anyway, so this feels me with a bit of dread 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Good morning ✌🏼 I've had the worst nights sleep - I didn:t get off till gone midnight, then I woke up 3 times to wee before throwing up at 330 and being wide awake ever since. I feel exhausted but can't sleep so now I'm running a bath. Thankfully I have no plans today other than watching baby show talks but it's put me in a bad mood! Is anyone else awake? X
I keep waking up at 4 in the morning like all the time then can’t sleep for three hours we are the same gestation I think nearly so funny how we are both waking up around the same times I was bolloxed yesterday after a week of awful sleep I am sorry you have been sick I bet that is awful xx

I was up all night with mine too. He’s managed to get himself chickenpox and has started to struggle with the itching. I forgot things like chickenpox even existed, I’m already dreading going through it again with the second.
Try some antihistamine for the itch..it was a god send for my son.

Reactions: 1
Have just sold my car. It belonged to my mum who sadly passed away nearly 10 years ago. I feel so sad. Only selling as it was getting v. Old, not so reliable and we need more space. Feel like today may be an emotional one.

Also, now have to start looking for and test driving cars. Im not the most confident driver anyway, so this feels me with a bit of dread 😭
oh bless you. We had a very old car (1997!) when my son was born. It was my grandpas when I was at school!

Feel free to ask questions about cars; I’ve had loads with lease cars and driving since I was 17! I personally love tiguans! I have an electric car at the moment and I’m totally converted.

• Heart
4am is my witching hour too 😂
mines 3:35!

Hi ladies❤

so happy for you!

• Heart
I sleep pretty well during the night still (unless my partner's snoring too loud 😅). But I'm just sooooo incredibly tired all the effing time 😩
Other than that nothing, so can't really complain, but I feel so empty (ironic, haha), just like a zombie... 😩

Feeling like i might not be up to much for the rest of the day (emotionally).
Making myself pasta bolognaise (fave comfort food with all of the cheese) and plan on watching films and reading whilst my partner goes out to meet his buds.

He just went yo thr shop for me to get pasta and mince. Im feeling so grateful and lucky to have him 🥰 he's so supportive and i would be lost without him.

I went shopping with a friend the other day and found some great bits i picked up for him for his birthday. Im thinking months ahead, knowing im likely to not go out shopping much and wanted to get him some really nice bits. Think i will give him a north face jumper i bought him as a fathers day gift tomorrow. Hadnt acatually bought him a gift, just a card, but i want to let him know how appreciated he is 🥰 now the weather has turned i think he could get a bit of use out of it 😊

oh bless you. We had a very old car (1997!) when my son was born. It was my grandpas when I was at school!

Feel free to ask questions about cars; I’ve had loads with lease cars and driving since I was 17! I personally love tiguans! I have an electric car at the moment and I’m totally converted.
Thank you lovely. Weve narrowef it down to 2013/14 kia sportage and audi q3 currently. Were off to see a q3 on Thursday. Quite excited, but also anxious 🙃
Will will drive the 2.5 hours to go and view then leave a deposit if we like it, then my partner has said he will get the train down to go and collect it for me. I could cry at how wonderful he is to me 🥰

Reactions: 5

We’re looking at the Tiguan. That, the Q5, XC60 or leading the way is the Evoque. I’m not so keen on the BMW X range styling and the Mercedes I think is prob too expensive.
We do genuinely live rurally and want a safe, robust car for the crappy roads.
Any thoughts? I love VW as I’ve had a lot of Golfs and a Polo but the interior of the Tiguan is a bit ‘meh’ for the money.

I’m on my second Q5, can’t recommend them enough. But we manage to fill the boot with a buggy, a trike, a scooter and a few bags with shopping - i contemplated an evoque before I got my latest car and the small boot put me off.
Tiguans are Q5s really without the spit and polish - I’m trying to get my husband to get one as they’re pretty competitive.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
19 weeks now and up 2-3 times a night to pee! I didn’t expect this to happen until much later, I barely even have a bump (still looking like I ate all the cakes). My friends all know me to have a camel bladder too as I hardly ever need the loo, it’s so annoying especially when it then takes an age to get back to sleep thanks to my husbands snoring! So tired today and due to meet some friends at a pub later but the thought of being chilly and sober all afternoon is just not doing it for me today.
Just wrote a card and put some little gifts together for my husband for tomorrow. He has older children who unfortunately don’t make much effort so I’ve not gone overboard so as not to highlight the fact, but writing the little card made me well up. I then promptly put it in the bin with some other bits of scrap paper and spent half an hour looking for it, so I think it’s safe to say baby brain has kicked in!

Reactions: 4
19 weeks now and up 2-3 times a night to pee! I didn’t expect this to happen until much later, I barely even have a bump (still looking like I ate all the cakes). My friends all know me to have a camel bladder too as I hardly ever need the loo, it’s so annoying especially when it then takes an age to get back to sleep thanks to my husbands snoring! So tired today and due to meet some friends at a pub later but the thought of being chilly and sober all afternoon is just not doing it for me today.
Just wrote a card and put some little gifts together for my husband for tomorrow. He has older children who unfortunately don’t make much effort so I’ve not gone overboard so as not to highlight the fact, but writing the little card made me well up. I then promptly put it in the bin with some other bits of scrap paper and spent half an hour looking for it, so I think it’s safe to say baby brain has kicked in!
Oh my the baby brain is going strong here.
Cannot tell you the amount of times I've lost my keys.Gone to put fridge items away in the oven. Keep forgetting random words 🙈😂
Sounds so sweet with the cards and gifts, I've got a card from the bump too and we've got steak tomorrow which I'm looking forward to.
Husband has just cooked a plate of samosas, bhajees and pakora which look so good but I've got heartburn just looking at it. Mad to think about 3 months ago I wouldnt have even tolerated the smell of them from upstairs with the bedroom door shut and windows open!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.