Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most mother-in-laws are bleeping awful. I’m sure they go to a school to learn to be toxic af.
I must admit I’m a bit concerned that one day I’m going to be “that” mother in law (I can’t see myself being interfering but more the opposite so I’m not interfering if that makes sense?)
I'm hoping my experience with my MIL will make me very aware of how it can be for q daughter in law. I'm way too laid back about stuff thou...I am usually too busy with my own stuff to interfere in others

Reactions: 4
I’m fairly lucky for MILs, she’s a giant giant pain in the arse but I do love her equally despite her “quirks”. My SIL on the other hand threw my “gender reveal party” as if it were her own baby while I was on holiday despite telling her we quite literally didn’t want one and we were going to tell everyone when we were back so she spoilt that for us just as she spoils most other things in life......good times. 🙃

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I’m fairly lucky for MILs, she’s a giant giant pain in the arse but I do love her equally despite her “quirks”. My SIL on the other hand threw my “gender reveal party” as if it were her own baby while I was on holiday despite telling her we quite literally didn’t want one and we were going to tell everyone when we were back so she spoilt that for us just as she spoils most other things in life......good times. 🙃
I need an entire thread about my two sister in laws. One is just thick and that’s fine, but the other has the nickname of “twelve-arife” because she always has to go two better. You’re doing your masters in nursing? Well she’s doing an open university course. You got a promotion? Well she’s queen of the world. I wish I could share the photo of her and my Nan in Law where she put the snap chat dog filter on it and I’m like the background like
1EEB407E-5956-4461-8E38-51AA565A65A7.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I need an entire thread about my two sister in laws. One is just thick and that’s fine, but the other has the nickname of “twelve-arife” because she always has to go two better. You’re doing your masters in nursing? Well she’s doing an open university course. You got a promotion? Well she’s queen of the world. I wish I could share the photo of her and my Nan in Law where she put the snap chat dog filter on it and I’m like the background like View attachment 622129
Laughing so much at this because I relate SO strongly. I have 5 SILs and they’re all just ....wow. I have no words.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My MIL speaks no English which generally helps relations 😁 hubby is wise enough to not translate anything too controversial that she says. Honestly I’d recommend it as a way to get along 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I need an entire thread about my two sister in laws. One is just thick and that’s fine, but the other has the nickname of “twelve-arife” because she always has to go two better. You’re doing your masters in nursing? Well she’s doing an open university course. You got a promotion? Well she’s queen of the world. I wish I could share the photo of her and my Nan in Law where she put the snap chat dog filter on it and I’m like the background like View attachment 622129
My god I think we have the same sister in law 🤣

• Haha
Everyone is really shocked when I tell them we know the baby’s sex and name and no, we aren’t telling them what it is! I think my poor mum is going crazy trying to guess. I’ve bought a wide range of gender neutral/girl/boy clothes and she came round to look at it all and could tell she was desperate to quiz me 😂

Luckily my in laws are very hands off and don’t ask me this stuff directly!

Reactions: 6
Laughing so much at this because I relate SO strongly. I have 5 SILs and they’re all just ....wow. I have no words.
Honestly when I married into this family, I was so excited to have sister in laws as I just have an older half brother. The thick one and I have never got along; my son has 2 middle names and when he was born, my nephew (her son) straight out said “Mum said his name is too long”. Aye did she mate? Probably she can’t spell more than 3 letters in a row.

The other SIL is quite new to the family, and she’s just exhausting. She will text you asking how you are, and you could say how you’re struggling and she will reply with “oh soz hun guess what!” and then a paragraph about how she saw a dog that looked like her dog as a kid so she cried all afternoon and BIL had to buy her a new handbag.

Honestly I’m not telling either of them I’m pregnant as the thick one won’t care and Twelve-arife will go and buy a reborn baby off Facebook marketplace.

My MIL speaks no English which generally helps relations 😁 hubby is wise enough to not translate anything too controversial that she says. Honestly I’d recommend it as a way to get along 😂😂
I’m so jealous of you that I’m literally turning green with envy… or it’s evening sickness

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I sadly don’t have my MIL around and it sounds like she was one in a million as she was fantastic.

her sister however has taken the irritating in law position for the fam as she is awful. She’s passive aggressive, her step daughter had 2 children in quick succession and we will have a 4 year age gap. The digs for ages about how the step daughter was so happy to have sibling for the other, the first time she saw my husband post lockdown she was like ‘so when’s baby no2?! Why’s it taking so long?!’

All coming from a woman who has no children herself! Never mind the fact we lost my husbands mum and then got thrown into a pandemic 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
So the other night me and hubby wrote down a little list of names we both like. When I say we he did the writing. After all this name chat today I decided to have a look. Half the names he has spelt wrong 😑🤔 so I think they might be off the shortlist 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So the other night me and hubby wrote down a little list of names we both like. When I say we he did the writing. After all this name chat today I decided to have a look. Half the names he has spelt wrong 😑🤔 so I think they might be off the shortlist 😂😂
Ah bless him 🤣 at least he’s making an effort. My husband is allergic to picking a name 🤣 do you know if you are having identical twins?

Reactions: 2
Oh, my SIL can be such a prick too!
She loved asking when I'd start having kids, you know, at family dinners or something. Despite being the same age as me and not having kids of her own yet. Like she's obsessed with my uterus 🙄
Oh, and she wanted to know when my baby will be born. But the exact date. Because she's currently living abroad and would book a trip back home and it would be a shame if she missed her. First of all, it wouldn't be a shame tbh and second. GURL, babies have their own timelines! Who knows when she'll pop out?
Oh, and I could write so much more, but it gets really specific 😅

Honestly, only having a brother, I was so excited to have a SIL. Turns out it sucks 😅

• Haha
Ah bless him 🤣 at least he’s making an effort. My husband is allergic to picking a name 🤣 do you know if you are having identical twins?
I know! I’m the one who’s slightly dyslexic at times he’s the good speller 😂
They are most likely non identical as they are in separate sacs but the sonographer said there is a slim chance they could be identical if same sex.

Reactions: 3
I really never understand the way people put themselves before the parents to be when a baby is involved. i can’t understand the entitlement of why they should know first etc never mind the reasons as to why you don’t want it know or told etc

my dad had his haircut and told the village gossip this morning 😩 he also posted on Facebook about 5 mins after my son was born and the first text I sent 10 mins after birth (after my husband mentioned it, I was not interested in my phone😂) was FFS TAKE IT DOWN 😂😂😩 he meant well but come onnnnnnn

She loved asking when I'd start having kids, you know, at family dinners or something. Despite being the same age as me and not having kids of her own yet. Like she's obsessed with my uterus 🙄
Oh, and she wanted to know when my baby will be born. But the exact date. Because she's currently living abroad and would book a trip back home and it would be a shame if she missed her. First of all, it wouldn't be a shame tbh and second. GURL, babies have their own timelines! Who knows when she'll pop out?

Honestly, only having a brother, I was so excited to have a SIL. Turns out it sucks 😅
My two SIL had their children really young; thicko had hers in her early 20s and twelve-arife two goblins are from a previous marriage so my nephews are now fully fledged adults. My Son is the literal baby of the family and I’d love to say they are fine with this but last Christmas when he got more toys than thickos 16yr old, it didn’t go down well 🤣

I really never understand the way people put themselves before the parents to be when a baby is involved. i can’t understand the entitlement of why they should know first etc never mind the reasons as to why you don’t want it know or told etc

my dad had his haircut and told the village gossip this morning 😩 he also posted on Facebook about 5 mins after my son was born and the first text I sent 10 mins after birth (after my husband mentioned it, I was not interested in my phone😂) was FFS TAKE IT DOWN 😂😂😩 he meant well but come onnnnnnn
Noooooo!!! Dads are the biggest gossips. My Dad works at the hospital where I work and I’m not saying that I’ve made him SWEAR on his life that he’s not telling anyone I’m pregnant but I’m threatening no Papa visits if he gossips. He did really well at not revealing who his daughter was for years until he was admitted after an asthma attack. The respiratory ward knew all about awkward teenage years, cheers DAD

• Haha
My two SIL had their children really young; thicko had hers in her early 20s and twelve-arife two goblins are from a previous marriage so my nephews are now fully fledged adults. My Son is the literal baby of the family and I’d love to say they are fine with this but last Christmas when he got more toys than thickos 16yr old, it didn’t go down well 🤣

Noooooo!!! Dads are the biggest gossips. My Dad works at the hospital where I work and I’m not saying that I’ve made him SWEAR on his life that he’s not telling anyone I’m pregnant but I’m threatening no Papa visits if he gossips. He did really well at not revealing who his daughter was for years until he was admitted after an asthma attack. The respiratory ward knew all about awkward teenage years, cheers DAD
Thicko and twelve-arife 🤣🤣 honestly twelve-arife took me a minute to get, but it’s absolutely hilarious 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Omg my dad did this!!! Put it on Facebook before I’d even told some of my friends 😩 I banned him from going anywhere near Facebook for a week after my 2nd was born 🙈

Ditto!!! Was so excited to have sisters as my mum is very close to her in laws but alas, we can’t win them all 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Wait, sorry - she threw a gender reveal party for your baby but you weren’t there..?

Wait, sorry - she threw a gender reveal party for your baby but you weren’t there..?
Yep! And she sent us a really anticlimactic video of everyone finding out. Joyful. The best part is is that she’d LITERALLY just had her own baby. Such a twit honestly.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.