Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Hello lovely people, I feel very big. I’m just over 10 weeks and have a full on hard bump that I cannot breathe in no matter how hard I try. I’m a big person anyway but it’s definitely not just belly chub and I’m carrying it mostly in the top of my stomach but hard in the bottom half too (lol roll life x) anyway; anyone having 2nd/3rd child and feel too big for how far along they are also? Like early stages? Or people having twins do you/did you feel huge in the early stages? I’m fully on the edge as we asked my 3yo what he’d like the baby to be and he said “a sister........2 sisters” so I bloody hope he’s not some kind of psychic because 4 under 3.5 is just a tad more than I can handle in this life 🙃😂
Pregnant with twins here, and I was more bloated with my first than I was this time around with having two. Hopefully the bloating settles in the next couple of days! X

LongishCat

VIP Member
I’m endlessly tired, but it’s helped now I’m on iron and eating properly. Despite being a chubby lass, my diet is awful from years of shift patterns. I loosely follow slimming world by always having half my plate of leafy greens, and drinking plenty of water.

These past few weeks of my pregnancy have been the worst I’ve ever felt; my HB was 8 and it’s meant to be between 10-12.
Thanks for the tips. I'm eating pretty healty as far as I know, but I'll talk about diet and iron levels to the gynaecologist. Thank you!
Hope it'll get better one way or another.

And hope you'll feel better soon too! ❤

Anyone who is hoping to/has breastfed, what pumps are best? It’s a minefield out there haha. I think I want an electric but there’s lots to choose from! Do the single pumps make much of difference from the double ones?
I've had quite a few pumps, depends what your looking for, hospital grade pumps are really good somthing like the spectra s2 as that doesn't need to be plugged in whilst using it, and for handsfree pumping then the Elvie I prefer double pumps but depends on how much you plan on pumping, definitely invest in a haakka to put on the other boob when you are breastfeeding or single pumping so you don't waste any of that liquid gold!

Spillit2356

nothing to add but I have hip dysplasia! I had a hip replacement in 2018 as treatment in the 80s was shite. So pleased your little one is okay!
3 of my aunts had hip replacements before they were 50, 1 of them was told it was a "clicky hip" that had been missed that caused it. Thankfully they do better checks now, much easier to deal with at an early age, she adjusted so easily

CrimeJunkie

Has anyone managed to be prescribed Gaviscon type stuff recently? I'm drinking it like a fish (well, I've switched to own brand now) and it never crossed my mind as you can buy it in shops, but quite a few people have said they were issued it free while pregnant.
Is it something I just mention when I see my midwife? Won't bother if I have to make a GP appt.
I was prescribed it by my GP. I just did an online consultation and they sent it to the pharmacy for me without even having to speak to them! Hopefully your doctors can do the same :)

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Wow that’s mad!! Can you tell them what time you need to finish and see if that helps knock some sense into them?

I’m gonna go and have a look at some suits after work, need to really get moving.
I spoke to the sister who stared at me blankly and said I have the day off so what’s the issue?

I swear managers discretion is the most ridiculous thing in the NHS

Nursty

VIP Member
Has anyone managed to be prescribed Gaviscon type stuff recently? I'm drinking it like a fish (well, I've switched to own brand now) and it never crossed my mind as you can buy it in shops, but quite a few people have said they were issued it free while pregnant.
Is it something I just mention when I see my midwife? Won't bother if I have to make a GP appt.
Yes I have it prescribed alongside omeprazole. Worth saving yourself the £14 a bottle!

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
Hope it helps!

I also brought Yakult but I loooove the taste of that, I know it can be an acquired taste xx
My dad used to give this to me as a teenager with a breakfast bar before school the thought of it makes me feel ill the taste is definitely for a different pallet than mine I used to just hide the mini bottle in my blazer pocket and throw it away at school 🤣🤣

I have loved the Mima for years so even though it's not as highly rated for being practical as others it was a no brainer for me. It's gorgeous. A little on the heavy side but really simple to put up and take down. I'm obsessed. Haha yes clearly have similar taste as I wanted a stokke before I saw the Mima! I remember a lady coming in to the store I worked in and I had never seen one before, I went over and complimented her on her pram, not her baby! Whoops! 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️
Which colour did you get? It’s my partner who likes this mima pram the most I like it but I don’t know about the practicality side I think it’s gorgeous but I am for once trying to look at loads of options even all terrain style as I live in the middle of nowhere but I will update you as to what we get as I can’t be mad at him for wanting to buy a girly pram he said I can even have pink 🤪 there is a cybex priam with flowers 🌸 that is pink which I like too so we shall see what I end up with x

Sounds like our house minus the toddler 🙃🙃🙃 woke up on Sunday and there’s a brand new Xbox in living room when baby has no steriliser, bottles, breast pump, sleep suits or swaddles yet
My partner has rejected a ps5 I said we could pre order it for collection I think he’s lost the plot but I am not going to complain xx

Last edited:

Sw4

VIP Member
nursing bras recommendations please- not Primark as I’ve just returned some
I'm pretty small boobed so not sure if my recommendation would be supportive enough for those better endowed... I bought a 2 pack of Lindex nursing bras from Asos and they are so, so comfy:

Great price too and they aren't super frumpy.

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
Was your baby measuring okay before hand? My babies head and legs are off the measuring scale, I don’t know what it’s called. Not concerned about the legs so much but her head is large as well as her weight
Mine has doubled in size on the centiles so will let you all know when I go back on Wednesday. The midwife told me that they shouldn’t measure you until 28 weeks because they aren’t accurate so babies real measurement is the 28 week one 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
The baby show talk has reminded me, I went to an online session about harvesting colostrum during the week, by My Expert Midwives (the company that do spritz for bits)

It was very interesting - I’m not going to breastfeed but I’m really keen to get as much colostrum as I hopefully can before baby is born. It was an hour and only cost £5!
I have seen this thing called drops of gold on Instagram has quite a lot of info on as well I am keen to try this too but I am not breast feeding either x