Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sw4

VIP Member
Swaddles are great, it really does comfort them, gives them that close feeling like they are back in the womb but try and look for hip healthy ones, babies hips should never be forced closed, should be in a froggy position 🐸 My first was born with hip dysplasia so I'm really hip aware
Oh hope his/her hips are OK now? Quick question what do you look out for in terms of hip health with baby carriers? For example I've heard varying things about the baby bjorn carrier even though it's been certified as hip healthy by the hip dysplasia institute so I'm a tad confused...

Jellybb

VIP Member
I’ve got my anomaly scan in 10 days.. I’ll be 21 weeks then.. do you think they will be able to tell me the gender or am I better off booking a private gender scan?

Dipdab

VIP Member
So I'm about to have a bit of a pregnant lady rant because I've had a good cry today out of frustration and upsetness
All thanks to DFS

So we've had problems with this delivery from dfs since October
We ordered a bed
Paid for deliver and assembly
Bed that was delivered and assembled had two panels the wrong colour in December
They were apologetic said a new bed would come and be assembled etc
January came and they said the new bed was coming
Delivery men came with a load of boxes and expect my pregnant butt to go upstairs and quickly dismantle a bed and bring it downstairs and carry said boxes upstairs because apparently because of covid they couldn't built the bed
So they took the boxes and left
Fast forward to May, they come to build the new bed and its the WRONG BED
So they contact the supplier the supplier contacts me directly and arrange someone to come build the new bed again

So today this supplier person arrives at my house
Hes alone. He can't speak any English at all. He isn't wearing a mask.
I have to ask him 3 times to wear a mask and he doesn't put it on properly at all.
He isn't wearing gloves
He carries a new headboard upstairs alone and dents my walls and scuffs my walls
He keeps leaving the front door open - i have 3 cats that are all indoor cats, 2 of which are girls that haven't been fixed yet. And I ask him several times to please close the door.
I have to nip for a wee - because let's be honest at 37 weeks pregnant when am I not needing a wee.
I come out the toilet and hes left my door open and one of my cats is missing.
So I start crying and he says "I have to have the door open for the bed innit"
So I'm heavily pregnant on the floor looking under cars for my cat
Thankfully my cat Maui is a good boy and went straight to the back garden and just sat at the back door waiting to be let back in.
But I was in bits.
And then to add to the covid spectacular this man that I don't know tries to touch me with no gloves on and judging by his lack of mask wearing hes probably not sanitised his hands and keeps telling me to calm down.
So I've been all upset. I've had to go and spray disinfectant all over my house and I've been made to feel silly by the delivery man for getting upset, even though he nearly lost my cat and could have brought god knows what into the house when I could go into labour any day.
My partner is furious and already been on the phone to dfs and is currently waiting on a manager callback.
Have I over reacted and let hormones take over or is my anger and upsetness justified?
Not an over reaction at all! Make sure you contact customer services to let them know!!! I had a sofa from dfs delivered in the wrong colour, rude delivery people and they were really good with sorting it all out when I got in touch. Hope you’re ok x

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend a maternity bra please?
I'm looking for non wired, but supportive for big boobs but at the same time not unbearably restrictive.
I've got lindex ones which I just fall out the top of but are really comfy, then I've got Asda ones which are too supportive to the point I don't want to wear them because they physically hurt.
I got a great one from sainsburys

GamerLlama87

Chatty Member
Does anyone have any tips for trapped wind?! Under my ribs feels like I'm being stabbed 😩 Absolutely dying today haha between my lower back and hips killing me, trapped wind and heartburn. Went for a meal for my birthday this evening and barely ate half of it cos I'm so uncomfortable!

Cursing first trimester me, wishing for symptoms! 😤🤡

Hushpuppy

VIP Member
Had our 3D/4D scan on Thursday, it was wonderful to see baby , got video clips of them sucking their thumb, playing with their feet, yawning. Very active baby. I got up off the clinic bed and fainted again , out cold 🙈 I'm 26 weeks. The fainting has me on edge as I can't drive or go anywhere. 😐 can't do anything nice 😔
Oh that sounds lovely. I think I have quite a lazy baby as I don't feel him move loads like others explain. Sounds awful fainting, how often has it happened? Have you mentioned it to your midwife? X

Ilando

VIP Member
Some deals on Nappy bins but refills are really expensive. Not sure they’re worth it but we have a dog who would find any dirty nappies left upstairs unless they were locked away 🤮🤮🤮

what do you think?

Jellybb

VIP Member
My local trust have said that you are allowed teo partners in now but I’m unsure if this is from established labour or not

it seems so unfair it varies so much.
They are all saying that but when you ask they will tell you no! Absolute bastards! I am so livid!!

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Oh god I’m so behind again! 🙈

Anyone else find themselves absolutely wiped out by stuff they’d easily do before? I was out all day Saturday for a friends birthday and then my dad visited Sunday morning. By Sunday afternoon o had a cracking headache and just felt drained - fell asleep for an hour on the sofa and then went to bed before 7!

Currently sat on the sofa after calling in sick today - still feeling groggy and tired and just felt like I needed a day to sit and do nothing. The only thing I can think is that I over exerted myself at the weekend?

Also I know I missed the cleaner chat - but those of you with cleaners, do you stay at home while they’re there? I’m currently working at home, my husband works nights and sleeps all day and I have a big, bouncy lab who thinks every visitor is a new friend. I’d LOVE for someone to just pop round every week for an hour and give downstairs a good clean. I can manage upstairs as it’s mostly tidying and dusting, but if someone could help me keep the kitchen and living room in order it would help. I’m just so tired all the time and I’m struggling to keep on top of everything.

I work upstairs in the spare room so I could keep the dog upstairs with me for an hour (he’d probably whine the entire time) but is that weird?
I’ve always gone out when my cleaner is in. I find it really uncomfortable being there when they are, it feels like I’m just being lazy (since I’m not working at home) by having someone clean when I’m in my house. But that’s just my personal preference.

We also have a lab, have had 2 in the past, and I always make sure they are out of the way.

Abear

Can anyone recommend a maternity bra please?
I'm looking for non wired, but supportive for big boobs but at the same time not unbearably restrictive.
I've got lindex ones which I just fall out the top of but are really comfy, then I've got Asda ones which are too supportive to the point I don't want to wear them because they physically hurt.
Try the marks and Spencer flexifit.x

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
@Smallpotato wow so much info that's amazing.

Its so good to hear of everyones experiences with different cars. Has anyone driven an audi q3? My partner has an audi and thinks theyre fab generally. Theres so many options out there for family cars. We thought a smaller suv would help in terms if being a bit raised and being easier to get baby in and out of etc.

Jellybb

VIP Member
Mine was about 40 minutes but had to go back a second time because baby was in the wrong position and wouldn't move.
I had mine on Monday and it was about 45 minutes but baby kept moving everytime they tried to take a measurement 🤣
When I had my NT scan it was an absolute nightmare for the measurements to be taken 🙈🤣
The last 2 scans I had the baby was facing toward my back and moving a lot so hopefully it will behave for the anomaly 🙈
Is there a massive difference between the anomaly and the NT?