Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
I’m also planning on getting the Purflo nest thing. I like the fact it’s safer for daytime naps if nothing else. I read in to why they were no longer recommended and found it quite interesting as in every case that a baby nest was involved in a baby death, there were other factors at play too. There were seven non UK cases of infant death using a baby nest but all of those occurred when parents were cosleeping and had the nest in the bed with them. And around 10 others prior to 2010 where baby’s position and blankets were also a factor but they have to report that these nests were involved in the very tragic circumstances. Isn’t it a bit like banning rubber rings because some people didn’t bother to inflate them and drowned?
Looks like you have done quite a bit of research I can’t bare to read anything negative as I have only just began to enjoy being pregnant as all I have done is cry and worry until probably 24 weeks. Thank you for writing this though because sometimes you buy things thinking they are good but in reality they aren’t so I think I will get the pureflo one just so she is cosy x

Hushpuppy

VIP Member
What nasal pray is this I need it on my life I am so bunged up xx

Do you get tired at around 3ish or is this just my strange day time nap time I am so tired I went out with my friends on Friday night and instantly regretted saying I would when it came round xx
I would say it hit me properly today around 1-2pm. I'm laying on the sofa now and I want to nap but know if I do I won't sleep as well tonight. Torture!

Hushpuppy

VIP Member

Didn't know where else to put this. I hope the girl gets all the help she can.
My goodness she's only a baby herself. So pleased to read both mum and baby are doing well though

AshW333

Is it normal to be completely mental at 5w 5d and think things have gone wrong? I got sickness last week and nothing this week so my brain is overdrive. My scan isn’t til 4th July
can’t really offer any reassurance but I’m about 5 weeks too and I’m feeling the same! Last week I felt so sick, really struggled to eat anything and now the last few days I’ve felt completely normal, just trying not to worry but it seems really strange that the symptoms can just go.

Borntorun

VIP Member
I have a rip roaring chest infection and work are honestly taking the piss. I ask for a date off (either annual leave or a rostered day off) so I can attend my consultant appointment in a hospital an hour away from home. This morning I get an email confirming that I am indeed off that day… as I finish 3 nights that morning. The appointment is at 9am, I finish nights in a hospital 60 miles away at 8am (if I’m lucky…)

what the fuck am I doing to do 🤦🏼‍♀️ I emailed back saying that I need the entire day off and was told that they were confused as I do have the day off. No I don’t!
Your manager is actually ridiculous. There is no way I’d feel safe to do a 120 mile round drive after a night shift. How many weeks are you now?! I’m highly recommending my night exemption I’ve got right now 😂 but in all seriousness I’d take this one to HR if they won’t change your shift

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Some deals on Nappy bins but refills are really expensive. Not sure they’re worth it but we have a dog who would find any dirty nappies left upstairs unless they were locked away 🤮🤮🤮

what do you think?
I got a nappy bin that's fantastic and takes just normal bin bags instead of having to buy those special refills.

Its called thr Vital Naby Hygiene, its a bit more expensive than other nappy bins but the saving in the long run on the refills make it worth it.

Attachments

DaisyDaisy87

VIP Member
Anyone who is hoping to/has breastfed, what pumps are best? It’s a minefield out there haha. I think I want an electric but there’s lots to choose from! Do the single pumps make much of difference from the double ones?

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
I had a baby monitor, bouncer, Moses basket and some breast pumps (was really hoping the pumps were reduced 🤣) but nothings gone down in price!
That is a pain I am going to just get a cheap electric breast pump as I want to bottle feed but I know your boobs can become so sore if you don’t express some to begin with the elvie one looks so good but not worth it if I am not breast feeding x

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
I also have an awful hip even before I was pregnant and I think that is what has caused my spd to be so bad can’t wait to have some naproxen I hope the pain goes away after the baby arrives xxx

grumpycat

VIP Member
agreed with the electrical issues. Our town has a lot of Porsche Caynenes and I love the look of them!
They look lovely don’t they! I didn’t like the interior of the macan, it felt too dated. My dream is a Lamborghini urus but it’s 100% a pipe dream 😂

Dipdab

VIP Member
I’ve got a ‘compost caddy’ thing I use in the daytime and empty in the evening, it’s small but big enough for a day’s nappies. It’s totally impractical to leave or take baby and go out to the wheelie bin after every nappy change, particularly at night for us as it’s quite far away but I didn’t fancy the size and look of the nappy bins. Keeps smells pretty well contained and can spray it out easily after use. Think it was about £5. A pedal bin would do just as well but this is a good size and fits in one of those grey nappy caddy basket things.
View attachment 627579
Just posted elsewhere This travel cot on Amazon looks good and they’ve got some good prime day deals on Tommee Tippee, similar price to Black Friday last year. As someone said up thread, if you can hold out for Black Friday there’s awesome deals to be had.
That’s a great idea

Jellybb

VIP Member
I’ve a posterior placenta and I’m coming up to week 22 and apart from very light twinges I cannot feel a thing 🤷🏼‍♀️

Borntorun

VIP Member
Oh god.. I’m not too into nappy bins… did you use it?
In the beginning we did. But my daughter had an (undiagnosed) dairy allergy so would have dirty nappies 12+ times a day, and cba with taking all of those straight outside to the wheelie bin every time. Once we finally figured out the allergy thing we stopped though. Plus nappy bin refill cartridges are hideously expensive

Onecandream

i need some energy boosting tips!
8 weeks today and constantly hungry. Tummy growls regularly and I’m eating a lot more or I feel really weak.

Does anyone have any energy boosting food tips? I’m constantly starving and stuffing my face!
Thanks