Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Just wondering how people approached telling their other children there will be a new baby?

I haven’t wanted to tell our son (3.5) yet as not all of our family know because I’m sure once he does, he’ll tell everyone! He seems very excited about the thought of a baby though, but I’ve just been abit hesitant about actually telling him 🙈
My boy is 4 but hes quite a young 4 (if that makes sense) and a massive Mummy’s boy. A few friends had babies so we went over to meet them, and then we spoke about brothers and sisters. He loves Anna and Elsa and they are sisters, Bluey and Bingo are sisters etc. We kept pointing out babies and then using his doll, what we would do if a baby was crying or needed a mummy or daddy. He’s asked several times for a little sister “like Bluey and Elsa” but we haven’t told him outright there’s one in Mummy’s Tummy as it’s still early days and I just don’t think he would comprehend that yet. Considering telling him once I’m a bit bigger and you can feel baby move.

I worry so much about all of this as me and my son have such a close bond. I’ve mentioned before that we hold hands when we are in the car, and he always hugs me and says “you’re my best friend!”. I worry that I won’t have time for him or something will change. He’s been through so much with me with my health over the past 4 years and he’s just an little dream.

Reactions: 1

Hushpuppy

VIP Member
Did you watch any of the talks? I've written a list of the ones I want to watch over the weekend! There's quite a lot isn't it, just as well it's raining otherwise there's no chance my bf would have say in and watched with me 🤣

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I feel the same. 😊

Im off to go and see a quiet place 2 tonight. My stress and anxiety levels are going to be
Sky high, wonder if baby will pick up on it hehe.

Getting ready to advertise my car for sale. Its time to get a post 2013 (was told its safer for car seats) and generally bigger car. Excited! 😁
Ah exciting! We changed ours not long after we found out about baby - was so sad to get rid of my beloved little mini but it defo wasn’t baby appropriate 😂

ooh what are you going for? I have a hyundai iconiq and it’s the biggest car I have ever had. I usually have VW golfs! I can’t park this car for shit 🤣
I’m in the same boat, still struggle to park mine too 😂

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
Hey baby yoda, I’m a teacher too. I bugged the hell out of my school and asked for a risk assessment before I went back on March 8th. Because of underlying health conditions my work let me WFH until end of March with the clinically vulnerable people.
I then got an OH risk assessment but went back couple weeks before May half term. They then asked me what I wanted to do at 28 weeks and I said follow guidance and WFH, which was 2 weeks ago.
They’re not happy about it so I may have shot myself in the foot for when I want to return re days and year group I want but it’s safest for me as I’m in an infant school and children cannot distance from me.
lots of info but hope it’s helpful x
Thanks so much for sharing this.
Tbf my head has been really supportive so far and she’s always checking up on me not just due to covid but because there’s a few behavioural issues in my year group which can result in adults being bitten, kicked and punched etc and of course my RA says not to get involved in any physical restraining. I’m primary too. Good on you for saying to work from home. I’ve three weeks of September where I’ll be in the last stages of my third trimester so just hope she’s still understanding enough to let me work from home earlier without me ending up triggering the start of maternity pay.

Been wide awake for an hour 😔 back is aching so much. Baby has had enough of me tossing and turning and gives me a swift kick whenever I move. My nose is so blocked and dry from hayfever that it whistles or I snore whenever I get remotely close to sleep and wake myself up. Plus the cherry on top is husband snoring. 😫
oh gosh this sounds like me. How annoying is the blocked nose thing!

grumpycat

VIP Member
Just wondering how people approached telling their other children there will be a new baby?

I haven’t wanted to tell our son (3.5) yet as not all of our family know because I’m sure once he does, he’ll tell everyone! He seems very excited about the thought of a baby though, but I’ve just been abit hesitant about actually telling him 🙈

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Hello lovely people, I feel very big. I’m just over 10 weeks and have a full on hard bump that I cannot breathe in no matter how hard I try. I’m a big person anyway but it’s definitely not just belly chub and I’m carrying it mostly in the top of my stomach but hard in the bottom half too (lol roll life x) anyway; anyone having 2nd/3rd child and feel too big for how far along they are also? Like early stages? Or people having twins do you/did you feel huge in the early stages? I’m fully on the edge as we asked my 3yo what he’d like the baby to be and he said “a sister........2 sisters” so I bloody hope he’s not some kind of psychic because 4 under 3.5 is just a tad more than I can handle in this life 🙃😂
I feel like I’m always bloated! Also my boy keeps saying he wants a sister, and wants to name her Jessica. I’m taking this with a pinch of salt as he’s currently obsessed with frozen and bluey who both have sisters and Jessica is the name of my friend with the baby twins.

but if he’s right….. 👀

• Heart

Amberella

I go 3 times a week, it’s actually better the restrictions as there are less people allowed in the pool and the changing rooms are constantly being cleaned. I got a swimsuit from ASOS in the sale the brand is called mamalicious. It’s just plain back but has good boob support and not too skimpy.
That sounds good, I was a bit dubious about going but actually it’s probably cleaner then it was before! I might need more boobage support but I’ll see how it goes, I’ll probably be a snail so not much fear of exposing myself. 😂

Hannah_204

VIP Member
I got a card and a little leather key ring with the baby’s scan picture on. We’ve got an afternoon tea being delivered too and our private gender scan later in the day!!

I think I went a bit overboard with the afternoon tea but both our dads died when we were little so it’s the first Father’s Day that’s not a sad occasion! 🥰
Aww the afternoon tea is a great idea! 😍 oo which private gender scan are you doing so exciting! We’re waiting until the 20 weeks and it’s killing me 😂

Hushpuppy

VIP Member
Yes this is the one I think I will get https://www.madeformums.com/reviews...by-bed-review/?image=2&type=gallery&gallery=1 what do you think of it? I have heard it creates a safe feeling for them I just want to do what’s best but my friend and her sleepyhead makes me worry but she probably hasn’t read up on it and I don’t want to be one of those people who comments her baby is nearly four months old is so cute I am not one to judge I just want to make sure I am doing what’s best xxx
I didn't realise there were safe options for overnight so thank you for sharing x

• Heart

Jellybb

VIP Member
Who knew pregnancy nosebleeds were a thing before they were pregnant?? Why does no one talk about these things? Got a raging nosebleed in work while people nodded knowingly. What else don’t I know about 😂
I’ve had a few of these over the last few weeks and it freaked me out so much 🤣

Crazycatlady18

VIP Member
Blocked nose crew checking in 🤧

its amazing what weird things you can’t do/use when pregnant, I got this amazing sounding lavender foot spray I thought would be amazing for my poor swollen feet/restless legs at the end of a hot day, check the label and it says not to use in pregnancy!!!! Don’t even get why that is 😫
Some essential oils aren’t recommended but I thought lavender was ok?

littlepup

VIP Member
I was reading the post by Georgia Kousoulou yesterday about the expectation of bouncing back body wise etc, I thought it was a really good message and very honest to post photos of how her body looks 8weeks PP. That said I do feel like there’s a real trend on social media lately to be SO anti-influencer/model that it kind of goes the other way. Charlotte Dawson for example always jiggling her belly in your face. It’s as though if you don’t look like a six 6, immaculate clothes horse your ONLY other option is to be a crying, leaking, unshowered, flabby mess that’s so proud of her “tiger stripes” you show them off at every opportunity. Absolutely nobody I know in real life enjoys grabbing their own rolls and thrusting them in the direction of a camera, even people I know who are much curvier and confident. Nothing wrong with being either of those things if it’s authentic but I feel like there’s a real gap there for women who fall somewhere in between - who manage to muddle along holding it together, who’s body is recovering but are also hopeful about feeling more comfortable in it one day soon, who’s exhausted but basic personal hygiene still gets prioritised most days? I haven’t come across any mum influencer who just seems… alright? It’s got to be one extreme or the other.
So many of these new mum influencers try so hard to be relatable it kind of goes the other way for me. I know personally I’d choose to put down my phone and not be posting on Instagram daily like they all seem to whilst sitting there moaning about not getting a shower! If you put your phone down you’d probably have time for one!
This is spot on. It’s not that difficult in my experience but when you can’t go anywhere or do anything, ‘influencers’ need to make it more interesting. They all want to be the one that goes viral with their ‘real talk’ - it’s a load of shite, if it were that bad would the really be on IG every day?! Look at Jake Quickenden, it’s just boring now, give the bloke a book deal and shut him up! It really is all for the ‘gram. He seems like a nice bloke and a good father but honestly who dresses the whole family up in fancy dress on a Thursday arvo after stories about being up every hour the night before?!?
It’s not real at all.

This pregnancy has given me the fabulous gift of acne and I’m finding it very difficult to cover up my face 😶
So I’ve sister in laws wedding in a few weeks and the makeup artist pulled out from doing a few of our faces today 🙈
Has anyone got any good recommendations for a good foundation with good coverage that will cover my face? It’s so bad with acne and pigmentation 😭 as it looks like will have to do my own face
Dermablend is incredible. It’s designed for skin conditions yet doesn’t feel that heavy.

littlepup

VIP Member
oh bless you. We had a very old car (1997!) when my son was born. It was my grandpas when I was at school!

Feel free to ask questions about cars; I’ve had loads with lease cars and driving since I was 17! I personally love tiguans! I have an electric car at the moment and I’m totally converted.
We’re looking at the Tiguan. That, the Q5, XC60 or leading the way is the Evoque. I’m not so keen on the BMW X range styling and the Mercedes I think is prob too expensive.
We do genuinely live rurally and want a safe, robust car for the shitty roads.
Any thoughts? I love VW as I’ve had a lot of Golfs and a Polo but the interior of the Tiguan is a bit ‘meh’ for the money.

Londonsays

Chatty Member
Thank you for the reminder, I've been meaning to book this for a while but keep forgetting. I'm in for both the breast feeding and baby care one next Saturday. Have you done the safety one as well? X
No but I was thinking of doing this x

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Anyone who is hoping to/has breastfed, what pumps are best? It’s a minefield out there haha. I think I want an electric but there’s lots to choose from! Do the single pumps make much of difference from the double ones?
I think it depends on how much you want to express. I’ve had a tommee tippee manual which was rubbish, and an avant electric which was very good, but I used them very sporadically, and not at all with no3&4. If you’ll need to express often a double may well be worth it. If it’s just for very occasional use, a single is probably enough. A hakkaa may be good as well if it’s just for occasional use.

• Heart

wakametango

Chatty Member
I was 9lbs and husband was 10lbs 11, and I’ve mentioned before that both of us are above average height and build. I’m 5ft8 and husband is 6ft3. All the community midwives were in a panic over this huge baby, while one midwife just said that we were never going to have a tiny baby. Mine was an elective section and I can’t fault it, the team were fantastic. My husband sounds like your partner, he didn’t want a traumatic experience for me for the sake of having a “natural birth” and he wanted me to be safe.

the reasons why we had a section were that my son was huge, I have hip dyplasia and was really in a lot of pain, and plus he had a suspected hole in his heart.

here’s his growth scan 28w5days
Thank you so much, it’s helping taking to someone who’s been through what I think will happen to me.
I’m 5’7 and he’s 5’10 but we’re guessing the legs have come from our dads as they’re both 6ft+ … my partner is very proud of himself that hes growing a big strong girl ha…
They didn’t give me a growth chart thingy like that today, just loads of small individual charts for different measurements, like head, tummy, leg etc.

Here’s the little scale thing that shes flying off

Attachments

• Heart

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
The dress I ordered for my sister in laws wedding came and it’s VERY Gemma Collins 🙈 all sparkly and tacky 🙈 and adds 4 stone on to me 😬 has anyone any decent website suggestions, doesn’t have to be maternity wear as most maternity clothes are vile
I’ve found wrap dresses are a lifesaver at the moment - proper wrap ones, not ones that already have the middle sewn in. I got a few from Shein although I know that’s really hit and miss - new look have some nice bits though (both standard fit and maternity) and my go to for an occasion is always ASOS! Depending how far along you are AX Paris too - I wore something from there about a month ago although not sure it’d fit now as it wasn’t maternity