Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I don’t think it helps that there are videos on tik tok like “I scratched my left elbow - didn’t know that was an ADHD symptom” and then the comments are filled with people going “Omg I scratch my left elbow too! I have ADHD!”
I personally have noticed a trend of women in their 30s who quit their jobs to be self employed then diagnosing themselves with ADHD and even autism. It seems like as soon as they started spending more time at home without a regular schedule they then started to feel like they were struggling to keep up.
They also seem to then make it their WHOLE personality and as I have noticed with a friend, an excuse for just shitty behaviour.
the issue is that individually a lot of ASD/ADHD symptoms do not mean anything - e.g we all stim to somr degree, most people will get overwhelmed in a busy place etc. I do see however when you feel like you are struggling with your life how you can then look at a general list of symptoms, decide they apply to you and therefore that is why you are struggling with your life at this particular moment.
If you only struggle in this particular moment, there could be other reasons though? I‘d rather say, if you struggled through your whole life in some way.

Reactions: 2

dotty2888

Has anyone seen the article on daily mail today about Scottish celebrity accused of rape - doesn’t name him but says he’s been on reality tv and on stage - made me wonder if it’s the Scottish guy from celeb bb poppy had some history with?

dotty2888

I don’t think she had sex with the Scottish comedian fella, or even met him IRL, he just contacted her via social media over a period of years, as he has done with thousands of women, including some of us here. This could possibly be the entertainer accused of assault. (not sure of the details of what he has been accused of, hopefully me saying “assault” is ambiguous but does not take away from the severity of what he had done)

There was another bloke who is some sort of comedian who she had a night out with and snogged even though *gasp* he had a girlfriend. She still wanks on about that periodically, like it was the worst thing anyone could ever do.
You’re right, I think my memory merged the two stories into 1. I think it is the same guy going on what the daily mail article suggests!

GiftedNotFree

VIP Member
Does her Dad not eat? Is that why he’s so thin? I saw three meals and she said he’s a vegetarian so none of them were for him. I just can’t work it out as I thought Ben had his own house in Essex and obviously his real home in Edinburgh.
I think she said before he has no smell or taste - he was born that way? I could be misremembering but I’m fairly sure she said either no taste / smell ….

Loobloo

VIP Member
I think just because you haven’t personally encountered something, it doesn’t mean you can pick fault at the victim. Toxic male behaviour is fucking EVERYWHERE. Look at Parliamentary culture for example. Anyway. I’m saying no more because I massively respectfully disagree.

Poppy is still a twat ✌🏻
👏 👏 👏 couldn't have said it better myself

Natyocheese

Chatty Member
Not exactly but it seems it’s almost impossible for an adult to access NHS resources for this. I know of at least two influencers who have gone private for a diagnosis in the last year. What they mean by “private”, I have no idea. Might just be an online thing you have to pay for in some cases.
I have a family member that did it - it's just like any private healthcare choice you might make. The psychiatrist then hands you back over to NHS for care.