Poppy Adams #12 "That never happened stories" by Poppy Adams aged 15 3/4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the sleeve was a tool for like 12-18 months and by then you've lost the weight and your stomach returns to normal size. But that the bypass was forever like you'll never eat normal portions again. Maybe I got that wrong. I thought she'd had a sleeve because of this.
No the sleeve they remove the rest of your stomach so not reversible - the bypass I think can be reversed as they leave the stomach in situ

she never did a pre op! Which i find mental. Im on week 3 of a pre op diet ready for a bypass on the 30th. Can’t imagine why a surgeon would say it was safe not to do one, its there to shrink your liver so its easier to get to the stomach.
Well exactly!

Hasn't she had both ? Her first surgery was the sleeve ? Band ?
When she was 18 she had a gastric band, not a sleeve. Her most recent surgery was a gastric bypass.

Thinking about it now, I wonder if her mentality is along the lines of: even if the bypass fails (she stretches her stomach) she can still have the sleeve at later date as a failsafe.

Reactions: 1
When she was 18 she had a gastric band, not a sleeve. Her most recent surgery was a gastric bypass.

Thinking about it now, I wonder if her mentality is along the lines of: even if the bypass fails (she stretches her stomach) she can still have the sleeve at later date as a failsafe.
So she could have a THIRD wls if she wanted? bleeping hell!

Reactions: 4
I didn't do the liver reduction diet for my sleeve surgery but I went to turkey and from what I can gather it's a bit of a free for all at the hospital I went to, still I got out alive...

I'm 15 months post op and can eat a fair bit more lately but still nothing like what poppy has been able to put away from pretty much the beginning. I do know a woman who had a bypass and had almost no restriction ever, she could eat a full Sunday roast from the beginning. I have no explanation for it.

If you guys get a chance head over to glitterandlazer stories and have a watch she’s getting policed by the body posi community for looking after her health 🙃
This is sometimes why I think poppy never really discussed her weight, that or she knew she was going to half ass it 🤪

Attachments

Reactions: 2
If you guys get a chance head over to glitterandlazer stories and have a watch she’s getting policed by the body posi community for looking after her health 🙃
This is sometimes why I think poppy never really discussed her weight, that or she knew she was going to half ass it 🤪
Going to have a look. I think Poppy didn't want to lose followers and collabs so didn't really discuss it. I'm sure Bethany Rutter stopped following her due to the wls.

Reactions: 1
She’s the worst, sorry!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
That's the problem with the whole "bopo" thing. I don't see what that woman is doing wrong, she wasn't telling anyone to diet, cut calories etc, just talking about what she was doing. I don't follow her, bit she is carrying a lot of weight on the bottom half of her body and it can't be comfortable. I don't know why they just done let her be, it's not harming them if she loses some weight.

Reactions: 5
The amount of bopo accounts I see recently either getting wls or bang into exercise/losing weight has definitely increased.
I think the tide is turning and all the stuff they've been spouting for years they're backtracking.
I got sucked into the mentality that I was OK at any size (which is sort of true) but it was an excuse just to stay fat tbh and I am really suffering now since I have a job that requires alot of manual work. My body is fucked.
It doesn't affect most of the instahuns as they just sit on their arses doing 'admin'

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
The bopo community has always confused me? They preach body positivity at any size and looking after yourself but when someone tries to do that they carry on and “unfollow” them. They’re literally a bunch of bullies.

Reactions: 11
That’s hilarious when put in the context of
Poppy because she could have kept her WLS private and no one would have known anyway 😂!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Brown cord skirt that she has wanted for so long. Did her bessie Jess not have one in her "collection"

Reactions: 8
All a 22? When all the clothes she sells on her Poppy sales pages are 24 / 26 (all recently worn too!) mmm not sure your telling the truth Poppy!

Reactions: 4
The amount of bopo accounts I see recently either getting wls or bang into exercise/losing weight has definitely increased.
I think the tide is turning and all the stuff they've been spouting for years they're backtracking.
I got sucked into the mentality that I was OK at any size (which is sort of true) but it was an excuse just to stay fat tbh and I am really suffering now since I have a job that requires alot of manual work. My body is fucked.
It doesn't affect most of the instahuns as they just sit on their arses doing 'admin'
But that could be because they have all gotten older and are starting to have health problems. When you are in your 20s the extra weight is not as much of an issue, but into 30s and then 40s which some are heading towards suddenly knees start to complain and backs start to niggle. It doesn't surprise me at all that lots of them are suddenly spouting less of the bopo stuff because their bodies are rebelling. Poppy has problems with her hips ..she says from childhood..makes no sense to anyone that she then grew herself to a size 32 plus ..has had 2x WLS and she's still over eating. It will get to a stage where she won't have a choice bit to lose weight or suffer the consequences. Bank of mum and dad can't buy her health and can only pay for so many ops. They would be better investing in a therapist to help both their children sort out their extreme addiction to food and to teach them portion control.

Reactions: 6
I had no idea she'd gone into stand up comedy 😂

Err "Simply be won this one Asos sorry " ..
She's having a laugh surely ? That SB skirt is soo tight I can hear the zip straining from England. And that collared blouse ?? Of course she's going to wear that 🙄

And the ever present pink bra...it's padded and creased because it's too big in the cups on her so something else she wears that doesn't fit 🙄

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.