Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this has been shared before, I haven’t seen it anywhere though, just found this! Highlighted imo the most laughable part
i went to school with Polly, she was one of those ‘I’m a bit alternative so that makes me better than you’ people. She wasn’t in the ‘popular’ gang but she was cool in her circles in the clever classes (I was a massive nerd and in all her classes). Never saw her bullying or being bullied but she was massively overconfident in a way where she seemed like she thought she was better than everyone else. I didn’t particularly dislike her, but none of what’s happened has surprised me. Definitely massive Tory energy…

Reactions: 35
i went to school with Polly, she was one of those ‘I’m a bit alternative so that makes me better than you’ people. She wasn’t in the ‘popular’ gang but she was cool in her circles in the clever classes (I was a massive nerd and in all her classes). Never saw her bullying or being bullied but she was massively overconfident in a way where she seemed like she thought she was better than everyone else. I didn’t particularly dislike her, but none of what’s happened has surprised me. Definitely massive Tory energy…
Did you go to a posh school?

Reactions: 2
I always assumed Polly went to private school, can you confirm?
As others have said - All Hallows’ in Farnham. It was quite a strict Catholic school. Quite a lot of students (Polly included) were proper middle class. Rich but not quite enough for private school.

Reactions: 7
Did insecure girls club ever repost about Polly as they said they would donate to charity. Just wondered if they have done that yet

Reactions: 3
polly's waiting it out, I think. hoping it will all blow over.
Yup, praying Ele Darby is enough of a distraction.
As others have said - All Hallows’ in Farnham. It was quite a strict Catholic school. Quite a lot of students (Polly included) were proper middle class. Rich but not quite enough for private school.
Her parents wanted frequent skiing holidays, hunting weekends, hot tubs and the rest of it.

this this this. The sheer arrogance of her to say in her apology she’s ‘struggling to remember’ having these views when they were clearly a core part of her personality for YEARS and YEARS. No chance. She should’ve removed these things sooner
I'm only on page 23 but had to stop to reply to this.

There is no way she wouldn't remember.
I can't forget some of the things I said when I was young that were absolutely nowhere near the level of Polly's tweets. E.g. using the word "gay" as an insult. As a child I remember hearing the word "m*ng" everywhere at school, using it at home once and my dad telling me what it meant and that I shouldn't say it. I was so young, maybe 6 but I vividly remember the sinking feeling of shame and regret. Sitting by listening to racist jokes at school and not always speaking up. I can't forget them

Reactions: 25
Sorry I’m so behind but I wanted to say that I was part of a mass walk out from a company who were discovered to be very racist, it seemed like the right thing to do as I was in a position to do so, but nothing changed unfortunately- the business has since been forced to rebrand due to the negative talk around it. I suspect that is what Polly will do!

Reactions: 5
(This is long, but please read this. Just a warning of how this could play out and not to fall for any threats and mind games directed at tattle users exposing racism. Also I’m frustrated as to why some influencers get let off easy while others are not - any insight into this would be helpful).

I can’t believe the traction this is getting compared to ImJesRose on insta (formerly LoftNQ) who runs JesRoseVinyl. Jes said similar things but she was in her 20s! And she tweeted them only 5/6 years ago!

Many similarities between her and Polly. They both have very successful small businesses, are tories, made racist, homophobic, fatphobic, anti-Asian tweets. Like Polly, Jes put her personal insta account to private, deleted Twitter, deleted and limited comments, blocked customers who asked her about it etc.

She took forever to apologise (and only did so on her newly-privated personal account, not her biz account, and the apology is now deleted!) and when she did apologise, she downplayed it all and said if anyone mentions it again, they are getting blocked.

Her mum and sister were backing her up on socials and threatening tattle users with court action. A couple of tattlers didn’t cover their tracks properly by quoting on tattle what comments they’d left on her insta, so Jes knew who they were and coerced (blackmailed) them via insta DM to make a public apology on the tattle thread, otherwise Jes would tell their employers they were cyber bullying her. One of the people who was blackmailed into apologising was a POC who had been upset by her racism. Another was a mum scared of losing her job who was suffering from depression. Jes even went as far as hiring a private investigator to dox tattle users. Obviously nothing came of that, because tattle wouldn’t release user info. As a result of the legal threats, coerced apologies, and fear, her tattle thread died.

Now, despite Jes having a huge personal and business insta following, her tattle maybe only had 20 regular posters, a few of which commented on her Instagram about her racist tweets. No other businesses/influencers called her out publicly or unfollowed her, so apart from a few people calling her out on her Instagram, nothing really happened and she still has a large following which is much larger than Polly’s and gets pr gifts from major brands and small businesses. She doesn’t appear to have learned anything, nor has she been proactive about showing her following she has learned anything or changed.

I think her insta followers were also too scared to say anything because Jes said that the ‘bullying’ was affecting her mental health. What about the mental health of the minority groups she was tweeting about?

I can’t help wondering…where was this energy for her? Or maybe her followers (including other influencers like Leanne Lim Walker, Interior Curve, Around Robyn, Megan Ellaby and many small businesses and big brands like Made.com & Joanie Clothing) simply don’t care that they are supporting & promoting someone so unrepentantly problematic, as long as they get to look at cute photos in their feed, or it makes them money in the long run?

Only this morning she shared her huge growth in followers of her business page.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
So what do we think will happen now?

I think she will go on her holiday that was in that diary, once back she will maybe start posting again slowly and try and dip her toe in. It’ll be like nothing has happened. She will turn comments on Sighh but limit words like racist, Tory etc so that if anyone comments about it their comment won’t pass through and Sighh customers will be none the wiser and she’ll go back onto podcasts bragging about turning over a quarter of a mil thanking the peasants for making her rich

Reactions: 16
A wiki has been created for Polly now if anyone wants to start filling it in ☺ I will add some tomorrow after work

Reactions: 12
A wiki has been created for Polly now if anyone wants to start filling it in ☺ I will add some tomorrow after work
thanks.
I added a veryyy brief summary on there.
don’t know how you get it to be linked at the top of the thread though?

here’s the wiki

Reactions: 2
Capture.PNG

This is interesting - Polly was initially responding to people and issuing refunds, but appears to have stopped replying to people now.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.