Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I understand how people feel about products they’ve bought from sighh and not wanting them to be lots of money (to us) wasted :( maybe for totes people could purchase patches and sew them over branding and same for diaries but stickers? Just an idea, maybe a good opportunity to advertise other small business that are worth it.. ❤
PATCHES! That's such a good idea! I was just going to cover mine up with some scrap fabric, but using patches to support other small (and non-crappy) businesses is a much better plan. Thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I won't lie, I very briefly hesitated to unfollow her when I realised her account was locked, but only because I wanted to keep snooping. Maybe some folks are still following solely out of morbid curiosity?
Ngl I’m still following her for that reason. Soon as she’s off private I’ll unfollow her - I just wanna see what’s going down

• Heart
Reactions: 29
To be honest, I don't think we can expect every small business / influencer that's ever followed her to make a formal public statement. It's really if someone has actively collaborated with her, publicly championed her, or promoted her business.
I agree, I don’t expect all of them to make statements, I just wish that the ones that are making the statements would actually name her so that it has an impact on Polly and is more than just a performative measure on their part. If they don’t name her, their followers still might buy from Sighh (considering Polly herself has not made a statement on there) not realising who the other influencers/business owners are even referring to in those stories.

Reactions: 10
Noone is obligated to make a statement but I do think people who knew her IRL as well as online and continue to draw a big audience through their socials do have some accountability.

It's all very well saying you don't remember seeing those tweets in 2013 as mutual but if you know someone IRL I find it hard to believe you wouldn't know their viewpoints on stuff? Why wouldn't you have distanced yourself or did Polly genuinely not say owt (find that hard to believe due to the deluge of posts she made)? Therefore did you align with those views? So I do think a bit of accountability like what Hayerlily did wouldn't go amiss.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I agree, I don’t expect all of them to make statements, I just wish that the ones that are making the statements would actually name her so that it has an impact on Polly and is more than just a performative measure on their part. If they don’t name her, their followers still might buy from Sighh (considering Polly herself has not made a statement on there) not realising who the other influencers/business owners are even referring to in those stories.
I’ve only seen one business on Twitter name her.A few indirects though. Instagram I’ve seen a few more actually naming her though

Reactions: 1
Noone is obligated to make a statement but I do think people who knew her IRL as well as online and continue to draw a big audience through their socials do have some accountability.

It's all very well saying you don't remember seeing those tweets in 2013 as mutual but if you know someone IRL I find it hard to believe you wouldn't know their viewpoints on stuff? Why wouldn't you have distanced yourself or did Polly genuinely not say owt (find that hard to believe due to the deluge of posta she made)? Therefore did you align with those views? So I do think a bit of accountability like what Hayerlily did wouldn't go amiss.
Yea, agreed - people who knew her IRL must have knew what she was like. You don't spew that amount of hate online without it filtering into your real-life communication.

Reactions: 4
So funny her mum has deleted all trace on her Twitter regarding the matter

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Morgancrawf has unfollowed Polly on Instagram but hasn’t posted anything on the matter
Gemma Tomlinson has unfollowed her and sighhstudio too (I’m not sure if Gemma ever followed her personal account actually but she def followed sighh before this)

I’m expecting @tmbrxo to unfollow her too given she’s close friends with amyelsw who has publicly posted about it.

I don’t expect everyone to make public posts but I admire the people with large followings speaking out and bringing it to people’s attention. Morgan is normally very, very vocal and opinionated about things like this so I’m surprised she’s silent on the matter.

Reactions: 8
This whole “it was 10 years ago” bullshit really PISSES me off!
I know this is an extreme example but if someone murdered someone or raped someone 10 years ago, they don’t get off by saying “but I’ve not murdered or raped anyone in 10 years, I’ve changed, therefore don’t punish me” duck off! You’re going down!
The only just punishment she deserves is to lose her business imo. She wouldn’t have a business if most people had seen these tweets before now, so she doesn’t deserve to keep her business, just because she’s managed to reign in her disgusting views for a few years (online at least).

• Heart
Reactions: 40
This whole it was 10 years ago bullshit really PISSES me off!
I know this is an extreme example but if someone murdered someone or raped someone 10 years ago, they don’t get off by saying “but I’ve not murdered or raped anyone in 10 years, I’ve changed, therefore don’t punish me” duck off! You’re going down!
The only just punishment she deserves is to lose her business imo. She wouldn’t have a business if most people had seen these tweets before now, so she doesn’t deserve to keep her business just because she’s managed to reign in her disgusting views for a few years (online at least).
That is such a good analogy and anyone who doesn't understand needs to read this!
It's THAT simple.

Reactions: 15
The only just punishment she deserves is to lose her business imo. She wouldn’t have a business if most people had seen these tweets before now, so she doesn’t deserve to keep her business, just because she’s managed to reign in her disgusting views for a few years (online at least).
I agree. Also, I don't want to go OTT lawyer here but the criminal age of responsibility in this jurisdiction is 10 years old. If children of 10 can be held culpable for criminal behaviour then I'm really not clear on why Polly's mother or anyone else thinks saying 'oh well she was 14, she's changed' makes a blind bit of difference? Hate speech is a crime, blackmailing people is a crime, holding naked photos of other people without their consent and threatening them with the photos is a crime, I'm sure putting laxatives in someone's drink is some kind of assault...this goes so far beyond what we usually mean when we say 'things were different then' or 'something was more acceptable then' (although for the reasons I and others have pointed out I don't think that's true in this case anyway...)

I think there's also a problem that some people will blindly rage against 'cancel culture' before even looking at what it is that's happened. I can't remember which poster and it doesn't matter, but when the Elle Darby thing happened someone started yelling about how old tweets aren't important and it's pathetic to shut someone down for saying something like 'that's so gay'. Obviously, saying 'that's so gay' is not what Elle said, far from it. The point is people are so quick to defend people when something is old because of 'cancel culture' without even looking at what it is, and I don't understand that. Nobody can actually cancel Polly, and for that she should be grateful - she is self employed and won't lose her job. If people choose to no longer collaborate with her or buy her products because of her old posts that's her own fault, and they are perfectly within their rights to do that. That's not 'cancel culture'.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I’m really shocked Morgan and Arcticcharl haven’t spoken up - they’ve hung out in person I’m sure?! And this goes against everything they stand for. It’s just so absolutely disgusting. I know not everyone can call her out or even should, but I’m not seeing enough accountability for tweets that I’m sure would get all of us fired from our real life jobs if we ever tweeted anything close to similar.

Reactions: 9
PATCHES! That's such a good idea! I was just going to cover mine up with some scrap fabric, but using patches to support other small (and non-crappy) businesses is a much better plan. Thank you!
I’m going to do this too. She can shove her ‘loyalty’ points where the sun don’t shine too!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Have you heard of the statute of limitations? that's quite literally how it works lmao, so it's not a great analogy. Equally, people would have seen her tweets when she was building this following. I seriously doubt that these mutuals who are condemning her now after 'following each other for years' never saw any of these tweets/posts considering how prolific they are. Their condemnation is completely performative and quite literally a consequence of time passing and cancel culture being at the fore. People are so keen to jump on the bandwagon to flex their woke muscles, when no one else is really confronting their own misdeeds. Admittedly I think Pollys are particularly abhorrent, but the hypocrisy from some of those putting up their own insta story makes me cringeeee.

Reactions: 4
I agree. Also, I don't want to go OTT lawyer here but the criminal age of responsibility in this jurisdiction is 10 years old. If children of 10 can be held culpable for criminal behaviour then I'm really not clear on why Polly's mother or anyone else thinks saying 'oh well she was 14, she's changed' makes a blind bit of difference? Hate speech is a crime, blackmailing people is a crime, holding naked photos of other people without their consent and threatening them with the photos is a crime, I'm sure putting laxatives in someone's drink is some kind of assault...this goes so far beyond what we usually mean when we say 'things were different then' or 'something was more acceptable then' (although for the reasons I and others have pointed out I don't think that's true in this case anyway...)

I think there's also a problem that some people will blindly rage against 'cancel culture' before even looking at what it is that's happened. I can't remember which poster and it doesn't matter, but when the Elle Darby thing happened someone started yelling about how old tweets aren't important and it's pathetic to shut someone down for saying something like 'that's so gay'. Obviously, saying 'that's so gay' is not what Elle said, far from it. The point is people are so quick to defend people when something is old because of 'cancel culture' without even looking at what it is, and I don't understand that. Nobody can actually cancel Polly, and for that she should be grateful - she is self employed and won't lose her job. If people choose to no longer collaborate with her or buy her products because of her old posts that's her own fault, and they are perfectly within their rights to do that. That's not 'cancel culture'.
Bang on. If I had made tweets like that, I likely would be made to have a disciplinary meeting and maybe more. Those in regulated professions would be in serious trouble - a doctor would likely have an investigation opened into them and might face suspension. At the least, they'd have to show significant learning - not just 'keep buying my stuff and I'll donate some money!'. Influencers are only accountable to the public. Therefore, whilst some followers might think it is sad to dig up tweets, it is actually very necessary. It's much sadder to be so blinded by admiration for an influencer (who couldn't give two sh*ts about you) that you ignore a deeply troubling history of racism, xenophobia, homophobia, fat shaming, child and familial abuse and most all types of bigotry out there. Her mum shouldn't be defending her daughter against those holding her accountable - she should be taking a long hard look at herself and her values.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
She's also since made her Twitter private. Like mother, like daughter, eh?
I came to say exactly this lol I’ve lost count of the number of people who said her mum should be holding her accountable not defending her, HER MUM IS LITERALLY THE SAME AS HER BUT MOST LIKELY WORSE

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.