Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it really odd that these small businesses who ‘admired her’ and ‘respected her’ are now so shocked.

Accounts like Finest Imaginary regularly share their political and social views and tell those who don’t align with hers to ‘duck off‘ somehow didn’t notice a strong Tory vibe from Polly?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Charlotte Jacklin unfollowed sighhh. I just noticed as her name used to pop up when I checked the page to see if anything had been posted. She is friends with Liv Purvis so makes sense.

Reactions: 5
I'm not surprised Beth has unfollowed as she's gay and must be horrified by Polly's homophobic remarks.
I've bought the odd item from Polly, only followed on insta (for quite a few years) and always knew there was something not quite right about her. Just generally quite weird (fashion, what she said on stories, oversharing). Makes sense now!

I'm from the same area as her and I'd be mortified if I was likened to her. As @maydaydreaming said in the previous thread, she does not represent a whole town/county!
I've never seen an influencer fall this hard. The sheer amount of examples you guys have found is mad. Not one, not 5 but in the hundreds of vile social media posts.
I for one believe that she should be cancelled and she deserves it. This sort of behaviour is rooted in her and no amount of charity donations or books by POC can undo it. Her stories are to deflect the bad PR and protect her pockets, don't believe it for a second.
Well done everyone for bringing her to justice.

Reactions: 30
I was telling my daughter (18) about this earlier and she was disgusted, she’d heard about the Elle Darby fiasco but not this. I’ve unfollowed Sighh and her personal account now and chucked my key ring in the bin. I have her diary which I’ll still use but have scribbled all the Sighh branding out. Her apology, her and her mum need to get in the bin.

Reactions: 21
They’re really trying to push the “it was over 10 years ago, she’s a different person now” narrative. Once again, there are tweets from when she was 18 and 19 years old. It’s disgusting how ignorant they are being about this situation. Polly’s mum is making this so much worse.
It's the same thing every time. I was actually directed here from another thread in which the same thing happened only a few months ago and now.....it's all blown over and it's like nothing happened. I'm sure you all know what/who i'm talking about.

I'd never wish anything bad on these people but enough is enough. These people are not only running successful businesses, they're putting their words and their opinions out there on public forums for all to see and then simply dismissing it with "it's not who i am anymore."

Do they think victims of racism, homophobia, rape or any type of abuse feel that they can simply sweep it under the carpet in the same way?

Owning up to your behaviour with a few paragraphs on your Instagram grid isn't good enough anymore, we need to see affirmative action and we definitely don't need to see family members coming after 'trolls' and 'bullies' when all anyone wants is proper accountability.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
birkimbags, another small business, has spoken out on her stories, albeit vaguely bc she doesn’t want to tag sighh

Reactions: 2
Man, the buyer's remorse in me is incredibly strong today. I have an unused and unopened diary, but can't return it according to Sighh's returns policy. I don't want to bin my other Sighh products (tote bag, keyring, notepad) as it's wasteful, but I also don't particularly want to send them to a charity shop as that might unintentionally advertise her brand. Guess I'm gonna have to get creative with some sharpie...

• Heart
Reactions: 18
birkimbags, another small business, has spoken out on her stories, albeit vaguely bc she doesn’t want to tag sighh
Calling someone out but not saying who does absolutely duck all for the cause. More performative bullshit

Reactions: 27
embarrassingly the only thing i ever bought from sighh were 2 of the totes. can’t afford to bin them and get new ones so will have to figure out how to tear off the bloody decals on them
Turn them inside out? Thats what im thinking of doing with mine lol

Reactions: 4
E9632EE5-30BF-42AA-B079-AB8B61E76B2F.jpeg
2AA7E203-A7CD-4090-9C66-3EA976105772.jpeg

Big respect for shannonalxndra for calling out Polly! 97.7k followers! Always loved this girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Sorry if it’s been asked before I’m new to this thread but used to follow Polly when she was at Uni but does anyone know the story of how her and Velvetgh0st were ever friends??

Reactions: 3
Sorry if it’s been asked before I’m new to this thread but used to follow Polly when she was at Uni but does anyone know the story of how her and Velvetgh0st were ever friends??
I think Polly designed a phone case for Gabby to sell or something like that? So it started as a business relationship and tbh it’s never really developed past that. Pretty sure they’ve never even met in person?

Reactions: 15
When I was in 1st/2nd year of secondary there was a trend of calling people “gay” to mean “stupid”. Teacher sat us down and explained what we were doing was offensive, it stopped school wide almost straight away. This was late 90s/early 2000s. Therefore by the time Polly was writing those tweets it was very obvious that language was wildly unacceptable- and at 18 you’re old enough to know better. Age is irrelevant- if you know what you’re saying is bad and you continue, you are racist, homophobic and everything else. She’s not changed, she’s just stopped writing it on social media.

I think Polly designed a phone case for Gabby to sell or something like that? So it started as a business relationship and tbh it’s never really developed past that. Pretty sure they’ve never even met in person?
They collaborated definitely and I think there was a “meeting” mentioned by Gobbles at some point

Reactions: 13
They met online, Polly designed a youtube banner for her and designed a phone case in collaboration with Gabby (I think Gabby sold them but I could be wrong about that). Idk if they were ever really friends or if it was a more of a mutually beneficial working relationship (Gabby had someone to make it look on social media as though she had more than just her mum as a friend, and Polly’s business got more attention)

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.