Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Polly really needs to tell her Mum to quit it. She’s only going to make an already hideous situation even worse. What is she expecting Janey Godley to do exactly? Call everyone c*nts for being outraged at her daughter’s disgusting diatribes?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I still can’t get my head around the wording of this.

You don’t need to remember, Polly. The screenshots are all there for you to read. The accounts would be too if YOU hadn’t deleted them. Taking time off isn’t going to help this, you’re just hoping that you will take enough time off for it all to be forgotten, but that won’t happen.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 30
A bookish scientist has even removed all of the sighh products from her desk😂
I have so much respect for this. She’s spent her hard earned money on so much Sighh stuff, and shouldn’t necessarily have to do this, but has chosen to on principle. A sign of a good ally and a good heart in my opinion!

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I always thought her totes seemed like a good product but boy am I glad I never bought one

Reactions: 11
F96410C7-ED04-4184-A85C-86431D6D26B6.jpeg

Looool someone please make it stop. Also the original tweet is from 16 hours ago so Natasha is obviously actively looking for beef

edit: ‘that isn’t who she is NOW’ - implying that’s who she was back in the day?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Hello!! Long time lurker but all this Polly stuff made me remake an account lol. I got into Sighh just this past year via ABookishScientist and bought a bunch of their stuff, and really liked their brand. Was absolutely appalled by the disgusting comments she has made. As many others have pointed out, the odd comment as a young teen pre 2010 would not surprise me, but this isn’t the case with Polly. Evidence of these comments as recent as 2017 (!!!) and the sheer number and horrific nature of these comments is just completely and utterly unjustifiable. I don’t have much else to say that hasn’t already been said on here. I do feel sorry for the girls that work at Sighh, as if it does go down hill (although I see Polly has posted only on her PRIVATE stories so can’t imagine the bulk of their customers will know what’s going on), then it’s their livelihoods at stake. I’m glad abookishscientist has spoken out about it, as she was a big advertiser of their products and has been featured on their page. I do feel sorry for her as she seemed a big fan of them, but even more props to her for removing any sign of them from her workspace. Like I say I have some products - washi tape, key ring and planning stuff. I will continue to use their paper based stuff until they run out as I don’t want to waste it, however things like the keyring which I have on my Uni bag will be removed so I’m not advertising them in any way. I really don’t see any way out of this for her. Thank you guys for bringing out the evidence before she deleted everything!!

Reactions: 16
Posted this towards the end of the last thread but adding here too… (thanks to @TeaSpillLil for adding to it)

Small businesses/influencers to support who have called out polly:

@theinsecuregirlsclub (previously did a collab with sighh)

@hayerlily

@yasminjohalx

@hayerlily

@littlescienceco

@abookishscientist

@lyric.stitches

@_charlottesweb

@emilyharveyart

@lizharrydesign

@pocket_perfect (called her out on Twitter. Please go read their recent tweet containing the message theyve sent sighh!)

@megsaystweet (on twitter)

@amyelsw

@spiltmilkpress

@kthrynocnnr (on Twitter, not sure if she’s on insta)

@finestimaginary

@nutmegandarlo

@coconutacha

@okay_doodle

Other mentions:

@catroseobrien (a long term friend apparently, no story but she does appear to have unfollowed)

@skenstudios (also unfollowed apparently)

@lucyjanewood (no story but unfollowed)

@jessicameade_ (one of pollys employees who appears to have removed sighh from her bio)

@amelia_bernard (ex sighh employee who appears to have unfollowed Polly despite being good friends)

@alice_benham (her story doesn’t read the same to me as some of the others listed above, she implies she will still work with Polly. You can decide for yourself whether you want to continue to support her)

@emilyellenart (another ex employeewho appears to have unfollowed - pretty sure this is the right person)
@oliverwearing & @beth__norton (both her long term friends from home, have unfollowed now too)

Reactions: 6
View attachment 963616
Looool someone please make it stop. Also the original tweet is from 16 hours ago so Natasha is obviously actively looking for beef
They’re really trying to push the “it was over 10 years ago, she’s a different person now” narrative. Once again, there are tweets from when she was 18 and 19 years old. It’s disgusting how ignorant they are being about this situation. Polly’s mum is making this so much worse.

Reactions: 30
CW. Racist, fat shaming language

Just reposting these as a lot of people coming to her defence are saying that 2011 is too long ago to be held to account. She said these things in 2013/2014/2015 so would have been 17/18/19 - around the time she was starting her business???

Tell that to her mother!

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 12
I always thought her totes seemed like a good product but boy am I glad I never bought one
embarrassingly the only thing i ever bought from sighh were 2 of the totes. can’t afford to bin them and get new ones so will have to figure out how to tear off the bloody decals on them

Reactions: 3
I wonder what the atmosphere is like at Sighh right now 👀
If Pollys 4th story is anything to go off, that she’s taking some time off, I don’t imagine she’s there right now. The girls must all feel so awkward, probably don’t want to talk about it in case it gets back to Polly but they must feel so awkward not talking about it. They probably also know their jobs aren’t safe

Reactions: 16
Bringing the makers quarter into disrepute probably is a breach of their tenancy I wouldn’t be surprised if people have been contacting them

Reactions: 14
View attachment 963616

edit: ‘that isn’t who she is NOW’ - implying that’s who she was back in the day?
I understand wanting to defend your child (I'm a mom to a much younger child) but her mom definitely is not helping. It's making Polly's apology not look sincere. Also the things Polly posted is something that is taught. Whether that came from her mom or elsewhere 🤷. My child goes to a school that is predominantly a different race than what my said child is. Said child has never once said anything hateful because that's not what I am teaching them. (Non gendered pronouns for privacy.) The most my child has ever said is noticing hair or skin is different and then I explain why that's okay.

Polly learned the racism and hate from somewhere. Defending it doesn't help, apologizing with accountability and her mom is tearing any hope of that to shreds. Kind of seems like apple doesn't fall far from the tree here...

Reactions: 24
If Pollys 4th story is anything to go off, that she’s taking some time off, I don’t imagine she’s there right now. The girls must all feel so awkward, probably don’t want to talk about it in case it gets back to Polly but they must feel so awkward not talking about it. They probably also know their jobs aren’t safe
If I was her employee, I would've been looking for another job as soon as I heard. Honestly hope they all find something else and leave Polly alone, it's what she deserves.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.