Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Polly turned off the ability to tag Sighh in stories that's why people aren't tagging her
But people don’t have to tag Sighh to name the business. To say that they don’t agree with the tweets but then not name the business is purely performative

Reactions: 17
When I was in 1st/2nd year of secondary there was a trend of calling people “gay” to mean “stupid”. Teacher sat us down and explained what we were doing was offensive, it stopped school wide almost straight away. This was late 90s/early 2000s. Therefore by the time Polly was writing those tweets it was very obvious that language was wildly unacceptable- and at 18 you’re old enough to know better. Age is irrelevant- if you know what you’re saying is bad and you continue, you are racist, homophobic and everything else. She’s not changed, she’s just stopped writing it on social media.

They collaborated definitely and I think there was a “meeting” mentioned by Gobbles at some point
I had never heard the m*ng slur before but from what I understand it's equivalent to what the R word is in the US and other places today, if I'm correct. I can't remember if it was twitter or Tumblr but one of the posts Polly knew that word was wrong/upsetting, said so, then still chose to use it because it sounded "nice" or whatever adjective she used. She KNEW better then. It wasn't just a one off or a few comments being an immature teenager.

Reactions: 13
Tbh Gabby must be delighted that anyone considers Polly to be her friend, because that means she has a friend

(Oops sorry thought this was on the Gabby thread)

• Haha
Reactions: 40
But people don’t have to tag Sighh to name the business. To say that they don’t agree with the tweets but then not name the business is purely performative
Oh absolutely, I just meant that's why they aren't actively tagging the page.

Yes Sabira!! 👏👏👏
Idk how I feel about this statement tbh. Not naming the brand to deter her followers from buying from Sighh is wrong imo. Also it is not a witch-hunt, it’s not cancel culture, it’s purely holding somebody accountable for their (awful) actions. From what I’ve seen, nobody is saying or doing anything outside of sharing what Polly has said and how they feel about it. I have far more respect for the influencers and business owners who are naming her so that people actually know to avoid her.

Reactions: 26
there's still a few people i'm surprised to have not heard from - morgan for one! emma carlisle and jessica smith are both illustrators with large followings and they still follow her, same with ONR. interesting to see georgia marie the true crime youtuber is following her too. want to give these people benefit of the doubt though, and guess they havent seen the stories? not sure how they havent at this point tho

Reactions: 8
Idk how I feel about this statement tbh. Not naming the brand to deter her followers from buying from Sighh is wrong imo. Also it is not a witch-hunt, it’s not cancel culture, it’s purely holding somebody accountable for their (awful) actions. From what I’ve seen, nobody is saying or doing anything outside of sharing what Polly has said and how they feel about it. I have far more respect for the influencers and business owners who are naming her so that people actually know to avoid her.
Yep reading it properly after posting here, it’s annoyed me that she hasn’t named Polly at all, don’t do statements like this if you aren’t going to call them out. Especially as this was someone she actually considered a friend and spent time with her socially on several occasions.

Reactions: 7
there's still a few people i'm surprised to have not heard from - morgan for one! emma carlisle and jessica smith are both illustrators with large followings and they still follow her, same with ONR. interesting to see georgia marie the true crime youtuber is following her too. want to give these people benefit of the doubt though, and guess they havent seen the stories? not sure how they havent at this point tho
Yes I've been wondering if there will be a statement from ONR! She hasn't posted but I've seen she's been online and liking posts in the feed so she is obviously aware (esp as she will have seen Finest Imaginary's stories as they are close friends)

Reactions: 3
I'm waiting for Cat O'Brien, Jamie Windust, Jessica does life, Morgan and even Artic charl to name a few. Expected more from those few if I'm honest!

Reactions: 9
Morgancrawf has unfollowed Polly on Instagram but hasn’t posted anything on the matter

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Arcticharl’s sister Kara who has quite a Twitter following has liked loadssss of tweets about it so I’m guessing they’re talking about it

Reactions: 2
To be honest, I don't think we can expect every small business / influencer that's ever followed her to make a formal public statement. It's really if someone has actively collaborated with her, publicly championed her, or promoted her business.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I won't lie, I very briefly hesitated to unfollow her when I realised her account was locked, but only because I wanted to keep snooping. Maybe some folks are still following solely out of morbid curiosity?

Reactions: 27
I understand how people feel about products they’ve bought from sighh and not wanting them to be lots of money (to us) wasted :( maybe for totes people could purchase patches and sew them over branding and same for diaries but stickers? Just an idea, maybe a good opportunity to advertise other small business that are worth it.. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Man, the buyer's remorse in me is incredibly strong today. I have an unused and unopened diary, but can't return it according to Sighh's returns policy. I don't want to bin my other Sighh products (tote bag, keyring, notepad) as it's wasteful, but I also don't particularly want to send them to a charity shop as that might unintentionally advertise her brand. Guess I'm gonna have to get creative with some sharpie...
I’d be emailing to have it returned. I don’t see how they can say no when all this has happened. Not normal ‘returning policy’ scenario!

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.