Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she will donate a percentage of her profits rather than making an actual donation herself? So her customers are the ones paying for her mistakes, not her. She needs to do better.

• Angry
Reactions: 50
Do we think when daddy came to visit he told her she can't just sit with her head in the sand forever.

Reactions: 14
I would hand over all my socials in a heartbeat, I've never said tit like that. Similar age to Polly too. I hate when people try to do the whole 'we've all done this' ... um? No? We haven't? [See attached image for a reply]

This is the worst part imo. How can you really be sorry?

She's not sorry she said all of that, she's sorry she got caught.
Yeah, I'm really tired of this narrative that being racist or homophobic etc is just part of "growing up" or the "should've known better" stage that every teenage white person goes through.:rolleyes:

She's definitely not sorry, but I said in another post, people are able to make decisions about what businesses they support with the info they have and unfortunately, there's always racists, homophobes etc so they can be her new target market. She'd probably prefer that, at least she'll have a loyal customer base. 🤢

Reactions: 23
I also hate the “future proceeds will go to X” bit because 1) you could just increase your prices to absorb that cost and 2) businesses can deduct charitable donations from their taxes???

Reactions: 32
Have her followers dropped on either account since todays posts? They’ve stayed the same on mine but I would be very surprised if less than a hundred people have unfolllowed either

Reactions: 4
So she's using this as an opportunity to open up her collabs, essentially. No mention of donating to charities as promised. And she needs to stop separating teenage Polly with current day Polly when she in fact raised these tweets in an article in her 20s. And yeah, it's easy for her to say "I want to start the conversation for change" but how about the conversation for victims of rape who were triggered by her posts? Or those of child abuse, racism, homophobia etc? The poor little African children that she seems to think are no better than doormats? Will Polly create a space for their conversation?
She's pathetic and I can't think of any reason why anyone would purchase anything from her in future after knowing the extent of her posts.

Reactions: 19
The stuff about helping mental health charities in schools or whatever leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Ordinarily the average reasonable person would consider this a good cause. But to me this seems like she thinks the victims here needing reparations from her are…other bigoted kids like her? And it feels weird to even point that out because objectively, that IS a good cause, just somehow just doesn’t sit right

Reactions: 43
the fourth slide rlly did piss me off when i read it this morning. she was basically saying 'if i retreat from oversharing online then it was out of my hands guys hehe blame the trolls that found words i wrote myself' like??? babe the apology CLEARLY isn't valuable if you still feel enough guilt to not be 'authentically' yourself, who is apparently a changed person. also saw a comment that was soooo right in saying that proving she's changed / changing from when the tweets were found isn't genuine, it's performative. what she really needs to prove is how much she grew between the time of writing and holding those views and now to actually back up what she's claiming. it's clear to anyone with two braincells to rub together that she's overcompensating to prove she's a good person, when truly good people don't need to go to desperate lengths to demonstrate that.

Reactions: 17
Just noticed that she has posted the orginal apology to her shop IG and saved it on her highlights 🙃

“I would like it to exist here too”

We would like it to exist on your grid, Polly

Reactions: 7
Screenshot_20220119_155731_com.instagram.android.jpg

An artist I follow, Tomasz Mro, posted this on his story.
Completely agree that she's trying to victimise herself in anyway to get some sympathy, even though she deserves none

Reactions: 27
The stuff about helping mental health charities in schools or whatever leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Ordinarily the average reasonable person would consider this a good cause. But to me this seems like she thinks the victims here needing reparations from her are…other bigoted kids like her? And it feels weird to even point that out because objectively, that IS a good cause, just somehow just doesn’t sit right
I simply don't think that of all the people who could go into schools and deliver diversity training and anti-bullying training, Polly would be the most qualified to do this. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought more can be learnt from the victims rather than the perpetrators.

Reactions: 18
I wish I’d found this thread ages ago- followed her on sighh for a long time and wasn’t aware of any of this until her post today, was kept very well hidden

Reactions: 20
To Polly, who I hope (and think likely!) Is reading this.

1) it's not an apology if you don't apologise to your victims.
2) it's not an apology if you use it as a way to gain future sales ("I'm donating a percentage of profits going forward")
3) it's not an apology if you use it to promote your business - giving packs of your own products to schools??? Jesus the entitlement of thinking your products are so amazing vulnerable kids will benefit from them.
4) it's not an apology if you blame the people who discovered your awfulness, for discovering it. Slides 2 and 4 are the worst for this - "there has to be a better way of encouraging growth"??!!!
5) it's not an apology if you blame people knowing you're a bigot for your staff's livelihoods struggling. You being a bigot is why they are affected.
6) it's not an apology if you don't take personal responsibility - I am slightly older than you, from a not dissimilar background and never spewed an iota of the hate you did. About 4 years ago I self confronted how I had used to use the word 'gay' in a harmful way - I've donated monthly since then to multiple charities around the world fighting homophobia, as well as being a vocal ally at work and socially when homophobia rears its head. I've never denied that I used gay inappropiately as a slur and I've used my own experience when working with teens go help them recognise how 'jokey' slurs still cause pain and should be stopped. I still don't feel like I've redressed the wrong, I would never deny it, and I will live my whole life honestly with that guilt.
7) it's not an apology if you blame your mental health - guilting your audience into never mentioning your bigotry again.
8) it's not an apology if you try to control how your audience respond ("I would have started a conversation").
9) it's not an apology if you reframe the goal - "you should empathize with me" rather than "I did awful things and I am sorry".
10) it's not an apology if you like responses excusing you for what you did and said.

And the biggest one - it's not an apology if you don't acknowledge EXACTLY what you said and did, taking responsibility for how it was uniquely you who made the decision to put that insane negativity and hatefulness out there, and let your whole audience make an informed decision on whether to follow you.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I'm just baffled by her family supporting her when she said such vile things about her sister and also at one point I'm pretty sure she was quite nasty about her Polish heritage
What did she say about her sister?

Reactions: 1
Haven't seen it mentioned here yet (sorry if I missed it!) but she's also back on her personal account too. Reshared the apology there and the comments section is not impressed so clearly, she hasn't got round to deleting stuff yet.

Also the bit about 'people around me have been pressured by Twitter and gossip forums when my behaviour is nothing to do with them' and 'aims to tear away any support system' is so weird and blame shifts like we're bullying them? Not really? This forum is only really mentioning people directly mentioned in her posts or those who have a public platform of their own, like fellow creators (as far as I can think, her bf, employees, and school friends with a platform have come up too but I think that's it?)

And mentioning how college was a turning point for her and constantly talking about her teenaged tweets? A lot of them happened whilst she was in college... change takes time but she was still in that mindset back then which kinda invalidates the point a bit.

Final point but I hate the phrasing of 'it's taught empathy to a sheltered defensive kid. Which is kinda the point, right?' like yes, but it doesn't really seem like you've learnt very much when you can't demonstrate how and are deleting criticism. A lot of the points in her apology are valid but not applicable to Polly's situation if we look at current actions of blame shifting and not accounting for her actions in any way.

This apology kinda demonstrated to me that nothing she says can redeem this because she isn't grasping the fact people cannot see the change in who she is now and she isn't able to demonstrate it or see why she needs to. Actions speak louder than words, her actions do not back up the apology.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.