Plus Size Influencers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought I was being a little unfair towards Sofie Hagan. But I need somewhere to vent about this.
I have no issue with someone getting a dog. In fact I think in many ways it would be great for her. But a sharpe needs a minimum of an hour walk a day and she isn’t leaving the house at all currently. Why get such a high energy dog when it’s your first dog as an adult, so you’re not an experienced dog owner. And it’s super high energy when you are not? I give it 6 months. And that’s upsetting. And I’m not even a crazy dog person. Those people can be arseholes and I get that.

Also the way she refused to listen to any constructive criticism about it, or anything that wasn’t telling her it was a fantastic decision.
Giving examples of (ok some stupid aggressive people) but some people just asking a question and being like “guys this is not good things to say” and showing examples of the good things people should be saying to her instead.

The woman wants a sycophantic echo chamber and nothing else.
I am so pleased you said this! Her rants last week were so frustrating. I thought she was especially mean to one woman who she made a veiled 'bleep' comment too and only posted one line ('Sofie, that woman's a breeder) from her message and ripped her apart saying she was made to feel scared etc etc. The subsequent messages from that poster she did share seemed sensible tbh if a little ratty (though you would be ratty If you'd been portrayed as a bully on no evidence)

Agreed that getting a dog will be great for her but the way she carried on over the weekend was not ok. After months of saying she wouldn't get a dog until all sorts of boxes were ticked she suddenly needed one NOW - but don't criticise me for using a breeder, blame the SYSTEM that this is the only way I can get one NOW.

Sod off! She wanted dog and got one from a breeder (plenty of people do, this breeder from what she's shared seems 'responsible' though obvs there's a big ethical debate at play). Plenty of people do this - I just hate the way everything is excused, just be transparent. When she did the research, adopting (which she has said before she would do) was going to be hardwork so she decided to buy as her want for a dog ended up ranking higher than her concerns about ethics. All this 'the system made me do it' is so bloody irking.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I am so pleased you said this! Her rants last week were so frustrating. I thought she was especially mean to one woman who she made a veiled 'bleep' comment too and only posted one line ('Sofie, that woman's a breeder) from her message and ripped her apart saying she was made to feel scared etc etc. The subsequent messages from that poster she did share seemed sensible tbh if a little ratty (though you would be ratty If you'd been portrayed as a bully on no evidence)

Agreed that getting a dog will be great for her but the way she carried on over the weekend was not ok. After months of saying she wouldn't get a dog until all sorts of boxes were ticked she suddenly needed one NOW - but don't criticise me for using a breeder, blame the SYSTEM that this is the only way I can get one NOW.

Sod off! She wanted dog and got one from a breeder (plenty of people do, this breeder from what she's shared seems 'responsible' though obvs there's a big ethical debate at play). Plenty of people do this - I just hate the way everything is excused, just be transparent. When she did the research, adopting (which she has said before she would do) was going to be hardwork so she decided to buy as her want for a dog ended up ranking higher than her concerns about ethics. All this 'the system made me do it' is so bloody irking.
Yes totally. I've felt like this a few times with Sofie lately. I've followed her for ages because I've always thought she was great and I believe in a lot of the things she stands for, but this isn't the first time I have just found her to be a massive hypocrite.

A lot of her causes are the kind of things where people need to be more openminded but she's one of the most close minded people there is. People are allowed to ask you questions, or point out that maybe something isn't a great idea (I didn't do either of these things btw, just watched in irritation) and you don't just get to turn round and go "guys you're triggering me.. " "guys don't say negative things to me" duck off. These weren't people trolling her it was just people saying reasonable things mostly. I mean, you say pathetic stuff like that but it makes you an idiot. And then "oh guys I'm really stubborn so I'm doing it now anyway" Really? This is an animals life you're talking about here not some 13 year old buying nail polish for the first time.

I would have been less annoyed tbh if she'd at least got a lower energy or older dog. Enjoy those hour a day walks Sofe.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
And she's baaaaack!! Making sure her stories feature all of the 'OMG this blog post is sooooo amazing' comments and more about her stupid book. Three weeks and she's back, a new woman and it's like nothing happened. Most of her blog was one big excuse as well.
And back mentioning that she can't get a date.

I guess they'll be a lot of reposting of the book as I'm not sure about brand partnerships now.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yes totally. I've felt like this a few times with Sofie lately. I've followed her for ages because I've always thought she was great and I believe in a lot of the things she stands for, but this isn't the first time I have just found her to be a massive hypocrite.

A lot of her causes are the kind of things where people need to be more openminded but she's one of the most close minded people there is. People are allowed to ask you questions, or point out that maybe something isn't a great idea (I didn't do either of these things btw, just watched in irritation) and you don't just get to turn round and go "guys you're triggering me.. " "guys don't say negative things to me" duck off. These weren't people trolling her it was just people saying reasonable things mostly. I mean, you say pathetic stuff like that but it makes you an idiot. And then "oh guys I'm really stubborn so I'm doing it now anyway" Really? This is an animals life you're talking about here not some 13 year old buying nail polish for the first time.

I would have been less annoyed tbh if she'd at least got a lower energy or older dog. Enjoy those hour a day walks Sofe.
My biggest hate is Instagram types getting dogs. They're usually gone within a few months and I fully expect that to be the case.

And back mentioning that she can't get a date.

I guess they'll be a lot of reposting of the book as I'm not sure about brand partnerships now.
She made the obligatory aLl MeN aRe TrAsH comment of course and now it's back to re-posting posts blowing smoke up her arse. Standard. At least the ads seem to be gone.

Reactions: 1
Sofie Hagen is really in over her head with that dog, and it really annoys me when people ask for opinions and then moan when they get them

• Heart
Reactions: 6
One of the top stories on twitter is Jeremy Corbyn's suspension from the Labour party.

It's such a discussion that Steph would usually wade in although she has to tread really carefully now and pick her battles.

One of the top stories on twitter is Jeremy Corbyn's suspension from the Labour party.

It's such a discussion that Steph would usually wade in although she has to tread really carefully now and pick her battles.
I think she'll be steering well clear of anything like that from now on tbh. I don't mind saying that it's bleeping bullshit though. We have an actual institutionally racist man running this country and a life long anti-racist campaigner has been suspended from his party. This country is a joke.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I found out about one such woman lately, fatbabe4ever. Her boyfriend is obviously a feeder. to be fair to her she clearly makes a huge effort with her appearance when she goes out, but he always wears the same scruffy top and baseball cap in really upmarket restaurants. Looking at her page, nothing has changed in their relationship in quite a few years, he comes over at the weekends and takes her out and feed her multiple times over the weekend and then he goes home. Apparently she was following Weight Watchers and admitted that she knows her weight is affecting her health - however on her Instagram page she's got a link to her "pay to view" site.... Obviously without signing up you can't see the actual photos on there, but you can't see the descriptions underneath them - on one of her recent posts she has said how she is using the money from that site to buy herself even more food 🤢, and she's got pictures with captions saying "watch me waddle down the street to my favourite restaurant" etc etc. I actually feel very sorry for her because she's only young and quite clearly in a controlling relationship with a feeder. It is very sad to see. I am plus-size myself and don't get me wrong I am all for some body positivity, for showing that you can still get out there and get on with your life even as a person of size.... But fat fetishism is a whole other ball game. I hope she isn't being emotionally abused by the boyfriend, into thinking that he will only love her if she does the fetish stuff.

I agree with you. There’s something about her boyfriend that’s seems real creepy. I get the impression that he’s fetishising her over giving her genuine love and using her for his own pleasure. There was a picture she posted of him climbing all over her which i just found weird, i got major controlling and possessive vibes from that.

She comes across as a very sweet young woman, whose maybe a bit shy and naive.

I’m very much an anti diet person however i do believe in respecting other people’s choices, and if she’s made the choice to partake in a dieting plan, he should respect that- rather than taking her for weekend binges.

I am also plus size myself, and i’m 100% for body positivity, and it is true that the lines between fat fetishism and bopo do get blurred. I think you can be healthy at any size but that would be down to consciously choosing healthier behaviours for example: for my meals i make a conscious choice to have something high in nutrition, as i know my body thrives best on wholesome, nutritious home cooked meals & being active everyday even tho it’s a battle with my mind sometimes.

Tbh I have ended up unfollowing her because of him, lol i can’t shake those creepy fetish vibes

Reactions: 2
I agree with you. There’s something about her boyfriend that’s seems real creepy. I get the impression that he’s fetishising her over giving her genuine love and using her for his own pleasure. There was a picture she posted of him climbing all over her which i just found weird, i got major controlling and possessive vibes from that.

She comes across as a very sweet young woman, whose maybe a bit shy and naive.

I’m very much an anti diet person however i do believe in respecting other people’s choices, and if she’s made the choice to partake in a dieting plan, he should respect that- rather than taking her for weekend binges.

I am also plus size myself, and i’m 100% for body positivity, and it is true that the lines between fat fetishism and bopo do get blurred. I think you can be healthy at any size but that would be down to consciously choosing healthier behaviours for example: for my meals i make a conscious choice to have something high in nutrition, as i know my body thrives best on wholesome, nutritious home cooked meals & being active everyday even tho it’s a battle with my mind sometimes.

Tbh I have ended up unfollowing her because of him, lol i can’t shake those creepy fetish vibes
I don't follow this account but I had a quick look and he does indeed seem creeepy BUT and I'll probably get shot down for this -if they're both happy is it really for anyone to judge? Let's face it, men fetishise women's bodies in general regardless of the size. This guy just has a preference for something outside the 'norm'. We don't really call men out for fetishising thin bodies do we? I can understand a plus size woman feeling like she doesn't want to be liked just for her body type but I don't think that's any different for any of us. Unfortunately it's pretty common.

Did SY get kicked off the little mix podcast too? I just saw bodyposipanda post about it and Stephanie wasn’t on it

• Wow
I think so.

she hasn’t really been flogging anything on insta either, i doubt she’s getting much work.
I was wondering about this as well. She doesn't seem to be doing any ads lately. I don't feel sorry for her at all but it must sting a hell of a lot.

I do see she was bragging on Twitter about being able to afford living by herself in a posh area of London (Clapham south from what I could gather) and how she saved £1000s to do so. That’s great but not everyone can afford to do that 🥴

See Stephanie back playing the victim again on twitter, instead of owning her tit she moaning about being victimised when she was outted because she a black women compared to a white racist for her anti Semitic rants, has she ever owned herself for her own racial prejudices against black men.

I do see she was bragging on Twitter about being able to afford living by herself in a posh area of London (Clapham south from what I could gather) and how she saved £1000s to do so. That’s great but not everyone can afford to do that 🥴
That doesn't add up at all - she said on Instagram that she was applying for Universal Credit when lockdown started.

• Wow
  • Haha
Wooooooowser. I agree with many of the points SY makes here: Black women are certainly held to higher account and portrayed as aggressors whereas white women often frame themselves as victims. HG’s return is certainly trying to circumvent accountability. I also don’t want to compare her and Hannah Gale’s misdemeanours because neither of what they did was acceptable but like, Stephanie trivialised the Holocaust what, 10 months ago? The only shred of self-awareness she shows is when she says she’s the last person who should be discussing this. Fine, let your stans come out and say it. But she really isn’t in a place to.

While I do think Steph is now “doing the work”, as it were, to make it right, I only think it’s to make up for loss of income. If she hadn’t lost that Grazia job she’d still be minimising the trauma of the Jewish community with her whole chest.

Attachments

Wooooooowser. I agree with many of the points SY makes here: Black women are certainly held to higher account and portrayed as aggressors whereas white women often frame themselves as victims. HG’s return is certainly trying to circumvent accountability. I also don’t want to compare her and Hannah Gale’s misdemeanours because neither of what they did was acceptable but like, Stephanie trivialised the Holocaust what, 10 months ago? The only shred of self-awareness she shows is when she says she’s the last person who should be discussing this. Fine, let your stans come out and say it. But she really isn’t in a place to.

While I do think Steph is now “doing the work”, as it were, to make it right, I only think it’s to make up for loss of income. If she hadn’t lost that Grazia job she’d still be minimising the trauma of the Jewish community with her whole chest.
Sorry I’ve got nothing articulate to add but duck me she loves an essay doesn’t she 😫 tbh hun the pair of you should be cancelled for being racists and that’s that 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
It's clear Stephanie, typical of her personality, feels like she has been so hard done by.

Tbh, I am not familiar with Hannah Gale. I just heard of her yesterday. While Steph raises a fair point, I'm also guessing Hannah's platform is smaller than Steph's? - tbh, it took me a while to even find out what the drama surrounding her was and what exactly was said - Steph's comments were plastered everywhere. When i search her name on google i can barely find anything on Hannah in general?

It's clear Stephanie, typical of her personality, feels like she has been so hard done by.

Tbh, I am not familiar with Hannah Gale. I just heard of her yesterday. While Steph raises a fair point, I'm also guessing Hannah's platform is smaller than Steph's? - tbh, it took me a while to even find out what the drama surrounding her was and what exactly was said - Steph's comments were plastered everywhere. When i search her name on google i can barely find anything on Hannah in general?
Tbf, hannah deactived everything and has come back under a new venture, so that may be why. The situation whilst you can compare them, they aren't really comparable. I think Steph's comments had a lot more vitriol to them. Hannah's was also racist (towards Chinese people) and she ignored it despite numerous people telling her about it months before Corona virus, it was only when she was called out by other bloggers she seemed to address it. By then she just addressed it and announced she was coming off the internet for a while, so it was like a cop out.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.