Plus Size Influencers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Slightly OT but she has commented on all this today - the Em Edit (are her numbers big enough for Tattle to commentary)? Anyway, she has a kid she keeping off the socials - good. But I noted her very specific language when she told the social media world about the kid “I became a mother “. Not “I had a baby”. But then I wondered if it was part of the ‘not all women can have babies” thing - fair enough, she is very committed to that type of inclusivity.

But they’re doing up a mini IKEA kitchen for Christmas which suggests a bigger kid, age wise, than you might have in your maternity leave- I have wondered if she’s adopted. Again fair play - just being nosy.

Slightly OT but she has commented on all this today - the Em Edit (are her numbers big enough for Tattle to commentary)? Anyway, she has a kid she keeping off the socials - good. But I noted her very specific language when she told the social media world about the kid “I became a mother “. Not “I had a baby”. But then I wondered if it was part of the ‘not all women can have babies” thing - fair enough, she is very committed to that type of inclusivity.

But they’re doing up a mini IKEA kitchen for Christmas which suggests a bigger kid, age wise, than you might have in your maternity leave- I have wondered if she’s adopted. Again fair play - just being nosy.
I wondered the same about adoption. Fair play to her for not plastering the kid all over Instagram though

I don't know but I don't understand how she can even be considered (or consider herself).plussize.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Wooooooowser. I agree with many of the points SY makes here: Black women are certainly held to higher account and portrayed as aggressors whereas white women often frame themselves as victims. HG’s return is certainly trying to circumvent accountability. I also don’t want to compare her and Hannah Gale’s misdemeanours because neither of what they did was acceptable but like, Stephanie trivialised the Holocaust what, 10 months ago? The only shred of self-awareness she shows is when she says she’s the last person who should be discussing this. Fine, let your stans come out and say it. But she really isn’t in a place to.

While I do think Steph is now “doing the work”, as it were, to make it right, I only think it’s to make up for loss of income. If she hadn’t lost that Grazia job she’d still be minimising the trauma of the Jewish community with her whole chest.
I don't know anything about this Hannah Gale person but it does not surprise me in the least that Stephanie would use this to 1. Go on a rant about someone else's behaviour 2. Try to compare it with her situation and frame herself as a victim. She consistently goes after black men on social media and it barely raises an eyebrow. And yet, when she wants to portray herself as a victim of society's racism and sizeism to gain sympathy, she has no problem using the colour of her skin as the issue rather than her awful personality and problematic behaviour. Ditto with being plus sized. She is such a terrible, terrible spokesperson for anyone black and/or plus sized, honestly she is making the movement look so bad. At least she only really exists in an echo chamber and she killed off a mainstream career.

This thread should be changed to a Steph one....
No one else is discussed 🤣
I don't think anyone else in the community is anywhere near as problematic. The thing that stands out most about Stephanie is not that she is black or plus sized, it's that she's a self-obsessed narcissist.

Reactions: 2
I quite like The Em Edit. She’s a bit older than the others so I wonder if a bit more mature and savvy. And yes I get the impression she adopted or fostered a child. She wasn’t visibly pregnant in any of her posts and then did quite a cryptic blog post about becoming a mum. I vaguely remember she may been open about miscarriages in the past too.

And yes fair play keeping her kid out of it. It does make me wonder what impact growing up on social media as an influencer/vlogger’s child (and often them being filmed is part of their parents’ income for mummy ads etc) will have on kids when they grow up. It’s not like they can consent to their image being used in that way.

Reactions: 3
If she's adopted then she has to keep her child off social media it's part of the training they go through before they can adopt, my niece's are adopted and my sister is still wary about putting them on there, obviously depending on the birth parents circumstances it could be a safeguarding issue for the child

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just a question, if influencers get sent something to promote an offer they should be putting AD on an unboxing video? This one girl is really pissing me off 🤣

Stephanie did a 'live' last week and it was honestly arse clenchingly embarrassing. I could only take about three minutes but in that time the highest viewing figures she got was 80 people. I'm no expert but with 227,000 followers, surely that's pretty dire? It was so embarrassing and unprofessional. She did that really irritating thing of just gormlessly staring at the camera for ages and then saying hello to everyone and reading their messages.......... and that was it. Then her wifi cut out completely. Then she jumped back on and did the same thing all over again, stared into the phone with her mouth open and said hello to people. Then she said people had requested she read a chapter from her book and she read out two delightful stories from her childhood when she told two boys she fancied them and they told her to piss off because she was fat.

Honestly, at this point she should just come out and admit she wants to be sexually humiliated/degraded. She seems to enjoy it and seriously, if that's your kink, you do you hun. But stop making it out to be a political/feminist issue.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Stephanie did a 'live' last week and it was honestly arse clenchingly embarrassing. I could only take about three minutes but in that time the highest viewing figures she got was 80 people. I'm no expert but with 227,000 followers, surely that's pretty dire? It was so embarrassing and unprofessional. She did that really irritating thing of just gormlessly staring at the camera for ages and then saying hello to everyone and reading their messages.......... and that was it. Then her wifi cut out completely. Then she jumped back on and did the same thing all over again, stared into the phone with her mouth open and said hello to people. Then she said people had requested she read a chapter from her book and she read out two delightful stories from her childhood when she told two boys she fancied them and they told her to piss off because she was fat.

Honestly, at this point she should just come out and admit she wants to be sexually humiliated/degraded. She seems to enjoy it and seriously, if that's your kink, you do you hun. But stop making it out to be a political/feminist issue.
This post made me laugh.

Jokes aside, her engagement is pretty low for the followers she has.

I popped in on a chat with the femedic and there were like 30 people in there.

Reactions: 2
This post made me laugh.

Jokes aside, her engagement is pretty low for the followers she has.

I popped in on a chat with the femedic and there were like 30 people in there.
I saw her advertising it but I wasn't sure who the 'femedic' was. And what expertise does Stephanie have in this area at all?

She's actually got a gig with Anne Summer which I'm surprised about given everything that happened in October.

As someone who loves a nice PJ set, the Ann Summers set is so basic to me! Each to their own I guess.

Not really sure why Steph is on her high horse about PLT’s competitions at the moment - yes, there is lots to criticise PLT on but this was someone who was recently on the beg to work with them, only ‘boycotting’ because they wouldn’t do paid content with her. ASOS has had some negative stuff about their working conditions too.

Yawn - I knew her keeping quiet wouldn’t last!

• Wow
As someone who loves a nice PJ set, the Ann Summers set is so basic to me! Each to their own I guess.

Not really sure why Steph is on her high horse about PLT’s competitions at the moment - yes, there is lots to criticise PLT on but this was someone who was recently on the beg to work with them, only ‘boycotting’ because they wouldn’t do paid content with her. ASOS has had some negative stuff about their working conditions too.

She full of tit, if they come knocking tomorrow to do a collab she jump at the chance.

she all into fitness now, you can smell the arse licking straight away, just wait until she tries to move away from the fat and plus size tag that she shamelessly used to build a career, she another Rebel Wilson.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Lol - I thought the set was quite cute! Don't @me hahaha. What definitely isn't cute is her narcissistic personality! And this is such a classic dilemma for influencers - she is SO quick to drag everyone and everything to call them out on being racist or sizeist (two things which affect her only obviously) whilst at the same time desperately wanting to collab. Which side of the fence are you on??? I honestly don't feel you can have it both ways. At the end of the day there are very, very few totally ethical brands. Do I feel great about sometimes shopping in Primark? No, but I still do so I'm not going to start shouting from my soapbox about it or dragging other people for doing it.

She full of tit, if they come knocking tomorrow to do a collab she jump at the chance.

she all into fitness now, you can smell the arse licking straight away, just wait until she tries to move away from the fat and plus size tag that she shamelessly used to build a career, she another Rebel Wilson.
OMG, yes, I noticed that too. Was def fishing for a set from 'girlfriend collective' at one point.

Then there was a blog post about fitness and I was thinking... um, since, when.

Respectfully, there are far more deserving plus size women who deserve the fitness collabs with brands.

OMG, yes, I noticed that too. Was def fishing for a set from 'girlfriend collective' at one point.

Then there was a blog post about fitness and I was thinking... um, since, when.

Respectfully, there are far more deserving plus size women who deserve the fitness collabs with brands.
That fitness blog is utter fantasty. It actually makes me angry that she carries on with this narrative of bigger people constantly being harassed and laughed at. It just does not ring true. She says that a group of men openly laughed at her while she was working out and she caught a woman trying to take a photo of her when she was on a machine in the gym. I absolutely don't believe that happened. Imagine trying to create a brand by constantly degrading and humiliating yourself publically the way she does. Where is her sense of pride? She is the worst combination of massive ego and zero self-esteem. She needs to get herself back into therapy stat.

Reactions: 5
Anyone else think sofie Hagen is obsessed with othering herself? It’s almost as if you’re not woke if you identify with your assigned gender...

Steph kicking off at the UPS twitter account because they lost her package. Annoying yes, especially at this time of year, but the poor people manning the social media desk aren’t personally responsible so don’t get arsey with them because you’re frustrated.

Anyone else think sofie Hagen is obsessed with othering herself? It’s almost as if you’re not woke if you identify with your assigned gender...
I don’t know much about her so can’t comment but I do think she rushed into adopting quite a complex dog despite not having much experience. Hope she doesn’t get fed up and give him away.

Steph kicking off at the UPS twitter account because they lost her package. Annoying yes, especially at this time of year, but the poor people manning the social media desk aren’t personally responsible so don’t get arsey with them because you’re frustrated.

I don’t know much about her so can’t comment but I do think she rushed into adopting quite a complex dog despite not having much experience. Hope she doesn’t get fed up and give him away.
That was odd she talked about it and suddenly had a dog. Really big dog... strange.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.