Plus Size Influencers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That was odd she talked about it and suddenly had a dog. Really big dog... strange.
yeah! Like any dog is a lot of work, but those dogs can have a lot of issues with their skin and flat faces etc. And they’re very high energy and need a lot of exercise. I just hope she didn’t rush into it.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Steph is now kicking off about Lizzo for doing a juice cleanse. I mean, REALLY going in. All very ironic as I think it's fairly obvious that Steph has been losing weight herself lately.

Reactions: 3
Steph is now kicking off about Lizzo for doing a juice cleanse. I mean, REALLY going in. All very ironic as I think it's fairly obvious that Steph has been losing weight herself lately.
Or she wishes she had lost weight. I didn't see what she said about Lizzo though.

• Haha
Or she wishes she had lost weight. I didn't see what she said about Lizzo though.
About how terrible diet culture is. As if Lizzo has been I guess
Convinced to lose weight blah blah blah.

yes detox diet is rubbish since we have organs that detoxes for us. But Lizzo said the reasoning was she’s been away and drank to much and ate to much spicy food fucked her stomach so she did ten days ‘cleanse’ and every one is kicking off. Tbh I guess people also think she was promoting it. I didn’t get that I just saw someone online posting something since it’s their profile - personally I don’t get it BUT that’s me as I don’t post everything that I do Online 🤣 Each to their own!

Yes fad diets are not Good but if someone wants to do something that helps them then why not she announced that she’ll be going back to her vegan diet anyway I guess it was just to help with the bloat. don’t know I just think people will always have an opinion and obviously these BOPO People like Steph hate any person who is large trying to lose weight even if it’s just 1 stone or 1 pound

Most of these fake BOPO influencers are just insecure people and haters in disguise. The word detox is misleading. When I really eat too much (like a special occasion), I naturally moderate myself the next day, not to loose weight but just to feel better (not bloated). Isn't everybody the same?!

Reactions: 8
Most of these fake BOPO influencers are just insecure people and haters in disguise. The word detox is misleading. When I really eat too much (like a special occasion), I naturally moderate myself the next day, not to loose weight but just to feel better (not bloated). Isn't everybody the same?!
Yes! Totally! I mean I stumble (often) with moderating but I think it's a good balance to restrict a bit if you've overindulged but heaven forbid any woman that says that to the 'body pos' crew. I will be honest and say I love Lizzo but I personally don't think this was a good look for her, not because she is not entitled to do as she pleases but I don't think famous women should be discussing any sort of diet, cleanse, whatever online. But hell, Lizzo is a grown ass woman who can do what she likes. At no point did she say anyone should follow what she was doing, she said she'd been having gastro issues after a few weeks of drinking too much and eating food that disagreed with her. Seriously, eff teh 'body pos' crowd going in on her for looking after her health. How is it body positive to slam someone for daring to do a (pseudo scientific) cleanse?

Reactions: 4
So glad that I found this thread!

I used to be a huge Sofie Hagen fan. Huge! Listened to all of her podcasts, bought her a book, etc.

But I've grown increasingly tired of her asking followers for advice/seemingly encouraging discussion about things such as being non-binary and then simultaneously tearing anyone who dares to engage with her to shreds. I've come to the conclusion that she's deeply unhappy and seems rather lost, and have unfollowed her.

I know that adopting a pet is highly personal and emotive, so appreciate that you may not all agree with me; but I was quite shocked by how quickly Sofie got her dog. I know she says she researched it thoroughly, but the fact that she's adopted a shar-pei as her very first dog tells me that's not true. Shar-peis are one of the most challenging dog breeds.

My parents got one (without doing any research themselves!). He needed eye surgery due to his excessive facial folds, which meant that he couldn't open his eyelids properly. He had so many food allergies, requiring my mom to cook special meals for him. He had skin problems, which required weekly medicated baths at the vet and meant that he stunk (despite having short coats, they're pretty smelly dogs). And he was extremely aggressive and unpredictable, which no amount of training helped. His trainer explained that his temper was likely due to his countless health issues leaving him permanently irritable.

Shar-peis are also very high energy dogs and I think Sofie would freely admit herself that she's a sedentary person. She hasn't exercised Hank much so far, and has excused it by saying that it's because he's anxious and scared. I really do feel like she is projecting her anxiety onto him.

Rant over, felt good to get it out. 😂

Reactions: 7
So glad that I found this thread!

I used to be a huge Sofie Hagen fan. Huge! Listened to all of her podcasts, bought her a book, etc.

But I've grown increasingly tired of her asking followers for advice/seemingly encouraging discussion about things such as being non-binary and then simultaneously tearing anyone who dares to engage with her to shreds. I've come to the conclusion that she's deeply unhappy and seems rather lost, and have unfollowed her.

I know that adopting a pet is highly personal and emotive, so appreciate that you may not all agree with me; but I was quite shocked by how quickly Sofie got her dog. I know she says she researched it thoroughly, but the fact that she's adopted a shar-pei as her very first dog tells me that's not true. Shar-peis are one of the most challenging dog breeds.

My parents got one (without doing any research themselves!). He needed eye surgery due to his excessive facial folds, which meant that he couldn't open his eyelids properly. He had so many food allergies, requiring my mom to cook special meals for him. He had skin problems, which required weekly medicated baths at the vet and meant that he stunk (despite having short coats, they're pretty smelly dogs). And he was extremely aggressive and unpredictable, which no amount of training helped. His trainer explained that his temper was likely due to his countless health issues leaving him permanently irritable.

Shar-peis are also very high energy dogs and I think Sofie would freely admit herself that she's a sedentary person. She hasn't exercised Hank much so far, and has excused it by saying that it's because he's anxious and scared. I really do feel like she is projecting her anxiety onto him.

Rant over, felt good to get it out. 😂
My pet hate is influencers adopting animals - particularly ones with special needs. It's very hard to know how genuine they are. And it definitely ups their engagement. I've seen far too many puppies just disappear off of instagram to not be suspicious. If you've ever owned a dog, you will know how challenging they can be particularly in the puppy stage where they are destroying everything and pissing and shitting everywhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’ve only just recently followed Sofie Hagen because of this thread. She seems a bit overwhelmed by this dog she’s gotten and doesn’t seem like a well thought out decision at all!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I’ve only just recently followed Sofie Hagen because of this thread. She seems a bit overwhelmed by this dog she’s gotten and doesn’t seem like a well thought out decision at all!
New follower of hers too ....is there a reason she films herself taking her meds everyday?

I’m not sure if there’s a Chloe thread or not but..... I hate this hair. It washes her out. She suits blonde so much more.
There is (a very short one)

Stephanie has posted selfies of her 'glowing' skin and she is wearing twenty layers of orange foundation that doesn't match her skin at all 😫. And on the grid she refers to herself as a 'front page babe'. Who needs a boyfriend when you love yourself as much as Stephanie loves Stephanie?

• Haha
I briefly watched her live yesterday and there were only 23 people there at one point?

Obviously I know it depends on content, timezones etc but with 225k followers (even if some are bots/fake!) that’s insanely low to me. I’m sure Steph 100% blames ‘the algorithm’ and not her stale content 🤣

Couldn’t help but cringe with the previous Soho Farmhouse membership tweets because it’s sooooo difficult to work from home as a content creator, yawn!

• Haha
I briefly watched her live yesterday and there were only 23 people there at one point?

Obviously I know it depends on content, timezones etc but with 225k followers (even if some are bots/fake!) that’s insanely low to me. I’m sure Steph 100% blames ‘the algorithm’ and not her stale content 🤣

Couldn’t help but cringe with the previous Soho Farmhouse membership tweets because it’s sooooo difficult to work from home as a content creator, yawn!
Her lives are truly terrible!! I think I lasted three minutes maximum. I am gobsmacked that she is still getting brands who want to work with her - Living Proof! They are reputable and quite up market. What were they thinking?!? Half the time she plonks a ratchet wig on her head!

Please tell me she wasn't on a twitter beg for Soho Farmhouse membership???? I wish I had the brass neck to take selfies in my flat all day and call myself a 'content creator'.

Her lives are truly terrible!! I think I lasted three minutes maximum. I am gobsmacked that she is still getting brands who want to work with her - Living Proof! They are reputable and quite up market. What were they thinking?!? Half the time she plonks a ratchet wig on her head!

Please tell me she wasn't on a twitter beg for Soho Farmhouse membership???? I wish I had the brass neck to take selfies in my flat all day and call myself a 'content creator'.
Don’t forget the selfies with the huge essay caption every time - like sometimes you look cute and that’s enough 🤣 I think some brands are working with her for ‘traditional’ influencer content (hair, beauty and general lifestyle) rather than her views, although whether you can separate the two is debatable!

Think she’s definitely losing weight too (if she actively wants to, great or whether it’s a by-product of more exercise, great) but interested to see the spin if she becomes a ‘small fat’, given her opinions on taking up space.

Obviously this was before Tier 4 and it was the Soho House workspaces! The pity party of ‘oh I absolutely cannot work at home and I guess I have to purchase membership because I need somewhere quiet to work, but I won’t actually purchase membership as I’ve already said it’s out of my budget so will constantly tweet about it instead.’

Don’t forget the selfies with the huge essay caption every time - like sometimes you look cute and that’s enough 🤣 I think some brands are working with her for ‘traditional’ influencer content (hair, beauty and general lifestyle) rather than her views, although whether you can separate the two is debatable!

Think she’s definitely losing weight too (if she actively wants to, great or whether it’s a by-product of more exercise, great) but interested to see the spin if she becomes a ‘small fat’, given her opinions on taking up space.

Obviously this was before Tier 4 and it was the Soho House workspaces! The pity party of ‘oh I absolutely cannot work at home and I guess I have to purchase membership because I need somewhere quiet to work, but I won’t actually purchase membership as I’ve already said it’s out of my budget so will constantly tweet about it instead.’
Influencers definitely are not Soho House's clientele. She's living in dream land if she thinks she will every qualify for a membership, let alone a free one. My cousin's husband is a member but he's actually won a Bafta and has worked in film for over twenty years. That's the calibre of people they approve, not someone who takes selfies of themselves all day and calls themself a 'content' creator'.

Influencers definitely are not Soho House's clientele. She's living in dream land if she thinks she will every qualify for a membership, let alone a free one. My cousin's husband is a member but he's actually won a Bafta and has worked in film for over twenty years. That's the calibre of people they approve, not someone who takes selfies of themselves all day and calls themself a 'content' creator'.

I really doubt it and it makes me quite sad to think of such a big dog cooped up in a small London flat.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.