Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ah the old health policing.

I don't know who that lady is but she looks beautiful to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

I’ve never understood the obesity promotion take on the plus size influencers - they seem to speak frankly and openingly about the shit people get for being big, how people frown at them for exercising and wearing the appropriate exercise clothes to do that (despite being told to get healthy) how clothes are difficult to come by (improving), people comment on you unbidden etc etc. Advocating for all all shapes to have access to fashion doesn’t seem to be the same as promoting obesity to me.

I am not plus size I just have massive knockers so the fashion stuff has been helpful. I think the messaging about people’s bodies not being before and after picks is strong and a power to the good. Having followed some of these ladies I have adjusted my thinking towards fat people - some awful tropes that they’re subject to, the values added to the way food and shape is spoken about - things I hadn’t even noticed because of my thin(ner) privilege.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Instawhut!

I think plus size people advocating body confidence is great, we should never feel bad about ourselves or less worthy because of our size... i say this as ive been overweight my whole life and even now that im nearly 30 i still feel less worthy than i should in society because of the number on the scale. I appreciate people are over weight for many many reasons and thats their business. Ive heard a few of them diet shame etc as well which is completely out of order. I think promoting being fat and healthy is different to being comfortable in your own skin and wearing what you want but the messages often get mixed up i think.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Do the models that model straight sized sportswear need to be doing the sport as well, or can they just model the clothes they’ve been asked to put on to get other people to wear them? Is there a double standard here?

It’s about options for fat people isn’t it? Fat people are always being told to exercise more so advertising to them about clothes they can wear to do this seems like marketing.

Reactions: 32

Droosie123

VIP Member
Sorry, this is not empowering, beauty at any size or any of the other current woke platitudes.
It's really unattractive, and stupidly unhealthy.
We all pay into the NHS, and people like this eventually hijack the system for others in genuine non self inflicted need.
No one would applaud 'Chain smoking influencers' or 'Bulimic influencers'.... It's the same.
To use this bizarre platform to obtain freebies, and the companies to flog their merchandise, isView attachment 148112 frankly immoral imo.
You need to read much more about obesity. I recommend Secrets from the Diet Lab by Sandra Ahmodt.

Frankly if this woman isn’t smoking, if she’s exercising and isn’t drinking then her health risks are not much greater than anyone else. The research is out there to prove this now.

Of course she could be 8 stone, smoke and drink and cost the NHS in other ways but society would judge her less as she is thin. God forbid overweight women might want less judgement,

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Mayday

VIP Member
I like some of them, but I don't really agree with the 'health at every size' stuff. I think there's a big difference between being plus size and eating healthy, working out etc (like Iskra Lawrence), and using being plus size as an excuse to just eat like crap all the time and promote that as healthy.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Droosie123

VIP Member
If you are over weight and exercise then your risks of developing diabetes are no worse than someone of normal weight. In fact the more unhealthy factors you indulge in will increase your risk. So if you are overweight, you smoke, you take no exercise etc then you will have worse health outcomes than someone whose only factor is being overweight or obese.
likewize you can be thin and drop dead of a heart attack because you chain smoke, take no exercise and also eat a crap diet.

bodyposipanda is worth a follow. She’s great

Reactions: 17

RoundTheTwist

VIP Member
Does GG have her own thread? I've followed her for years and watched her grow, that's her waistline not her following FYI 🤣 what an absolute disgraceful brat she is. I remember when she had that accident, she barely mentioned it as an issue at all then as the years have passed she has jumped of the disabled band wagon. Definitely some learnt behaviour here from her mum, both morbidly obsese and Co dependant. If she goes to her GP to complain about her extra pain and needing more pain killers and they mention her weight she says they're fat phobic. I am plus size myself and know that extra weight obviously causes more aches and pains. If her pain is that bad why wouldn't she do all she can to reduce it? Hence by losing weight. How does she know that if she wasn't 12 stone lighter that her pain wouldn't go? She doesn't want to lose weight or become able body because then what does that leave her with? She's building a career around being an overweight disabled person. Her mum is just as bad, the way they talk to each other is disgusting. The whole shielding thing was just ridiculous, she even made her boyfriend go on long term sick with stress before making him leave his job as his employer wouldn't allow him to work from home any longer. Said he needed to shield too as her 'carer'. SHE WASNT EVEN TOLD TO SHIELD!!! WOW....I needed to let that out!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

lalalanded

VIP Member
Love this tweet...

I want to be friends with Beatrix because she brought the truth. It's absolutely infuriating that she's trivialising mental health issues to justify going on holiday. If a holiday was the solution to mental health and loneliness then wouldn't life be just grand? I'll say it again - Stephanie is an effing self-absorbed, self-obsessed DICK HEAD.

Well, she did it. She went there:

So, your inability to understand why she deserves a holiday in the middle of a pandemic that has killed 100.000 in this country alone is a lack of empathy. Steph lives alone and is clinically depressed so no one else could possibly understand what she is going through. A holiday will fix this because being alone on holiday is different to being alone at home even though you're still stuck with your awful personality. To those of you that don't think a holiday is a good idea right now - do you know she experienced actual trauma last year when her anti-semitism was publically exposed? She needs a holiday to recover from that!!! And she's thrown in the fact she was suicidal as well.

Honestly, the woman is straight up trash. This is about as low as she can sink.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

muncher

Im obese and follow some of the influencers on Instagram but it annoys me when they say you can be plus size and healthy. How? Being obese is unhealthy and even if you dont have any health issues, its still not good for your organs, heart, joints etc? Plus increased risk of diabetes and cancer. Its fine to be happy in your skin, and to want nice clothes etc but dont say its healthy.

• Heart

Chip1984

VIP Member
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not racist or anti-semitic at 36, nor was I at 18, nor was I at 10, nor was I at birth. It doesn't fucking matter WHEN she posted the tweets; it's the fact that SHE DID at some point.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Annoying how everyone is saying this is a classic example of misogynoir. Here we go, using her black womanhood as some sort of shield. I’m also a black woman and while the racism she’s received is appalling, there’s no way to defend her tweets at all. Sorry!

1) these weren’t one off tweets, there were multiple instances of anti-semitism
2) some were very recent.
3) saying we are forced to care about the Holocaust because Jewish people are ‘white/white passing’ - umm? How harmful is this?!

stop clutching at straws. Judging people who keep defending her through the mistake at 18 bs - no hun, you were 31. Where is the insta apology?? trash.

I wonder whether Bauer Media will put out a statement like they did when she was hired at Grazia - barely lasted a month 🤭

• Heart
I really hope sofie is giving that dog really good walks cos it seems like she isn’t
She isn't. She keeps on making excuses about Hank being too anxious to leave the property. Projection much?

I feel like she suddenly got Hank for her mental health, which I find so selfish. Yes, pets can do wonders for our mental health, but Hank's wellbeing should be Sofie's responsibility and not the other way around. He's a rescue, not a support animal! 😡

• Wow
Reactions: 12

xits_jjx

VIP Member
Well this has taught me that people pick and choose who to stand up for. If a white person at 18 posted racist tweets there’d be a witch hunt and celebration - rightfully so. 18 is an adult and they should be held accountable and made to go on courses about equality and be educated on anti-black racism. But a black woman posted anti-Semitic tweets and people are choosing to ignore the fact that she did it in JANUARY and forgiving her on behalf of the Jewish community. Let alone the fact she is disrespectful and racist towards Nigerian men and regularly racist in that way too.

I hate influencers. It’s all a load of shit licking and brown nosing. Get over your fucking selves and hold someone accountable regardless of what race they are. These people aren’t friends no matter how loud they shout they are. They’re just people that know each other online and comment YAAAS QUEEN every now and then. It’s all so false.

Reactions: 12