Plus Size Influencers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So what do people make of plus sized influencers/plus size community in general it gets quick a lot of stick and their a few well know on the platform, some are nice some not so much.

Reactions: 5
I like some of them, but I don't really agree with the 'health at every size' stuff. I think there's a big difference between being plus size and eating healthy, working out etc (like Iskra Lawrence), and using being plus size as an excuse to just eat like crap all the time and promote that as healthy.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
There's one I discovered recently called fatbabe4ever , really stunning girl - looking at her page though I do get the feeling her partner is a feeder. He's stick thin and always preparing massive platters of food for them.

I have noticed generally with the plus-size influencers that anyone who calls them out on the health side of things gets accused of being fatphobic.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Plus size influencers who peddle gym gear but actually don’t exercise I dunno what to make of it, a couple of poses and stretches isn’t exercise 🤨😒

There's one I discovered recently called fatbabe4ever , really stunning girl - looking at her page though I do get the feeling her partner is a feeder. He's stick thin and always preparing massive platters of food for them.

I have noticed generally with the plus-size influencers that anyone who calls them out on the health side of things gets accused of being fatphobic.
They get very uppity about it but more so if a fat person decides to lose weight.

Reactions: 7
Sparkles and Stretchmarks. I like her and she has a lovely family, very open about her struggles and life with kids (three under five I think) but not really sure what to make of her body positivity stuff.

Reactions: 2
Sparkles and Stretchmarks. I like her and she has a lovely family, very open about her struggles and life with kids (three under five I think) but not really sure what to make of her body positivity stuff.

I find her life baffling. Openly admits to having mental health problems and also financial worries. Yet insists on home schooling which surely affects her mental health and prevents her getting a proper job and actually earning money.

I’m not sure if she wants sympathy or a medal despite the fact that her struggles are largely down to choices she had made 🤷‍♂️

If you’re over weight and lacking in confidence viewing others of a similar physic with confidence aplenty is surely a positive. Demi Donnelly seems to illicit a positive response from her YT followers. I’ve watched a few Harry Jane vlogs, she seems nice.

I love Jessontheplussize she’s down to earth doesn’t give a tit. Top lass

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m definitely late to the party but I’ve just seen Iskra had a baby. I scrolled back to see her announcement and there it was... her pregnancy announcement was actually an ad.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
I don’t think it’s really a good idea to promote being plus size....BUT there are a plenty of plus size women out there and at the end of the day they have got to buy clothes sooo.... I guess it’s good for them to have people to follow 🤷‍♀️

On a side note, it pisses me off when people lie about the size they are. Hayley Hall (formally London Beauty Queen I think?) has rattled me for a while tagging herself as U.K size 16....I’m sorry, but she is not a 16! 🙄

I’ve never understood the obesity promotion take on the plus size influencers - they seem to speak frankly and openingly about the tit people get for being big, how people frown at them for exercising and wearing the appropriate exercise clothes to do that (despite being told to get healthy) how clothes are difficult to come by (improving), people comment on you unbidden etc etc. Advocating for all all shapes to have access to fashion doesn’t seem to be the same as promoting obesity to me.

I am not plus size I just have massive knockers so the fashion stuff has been helpful. I think the messaging about people’s bodies not being before and after picks is strong and a power to the good. Having followed some of these ladies I have adjusted my thinking towards fat people - some awful tropes that they’re subject to, the values added to the way food and shape is spoken about - things I hadn’t even noticed because of my thin(ner) privilege.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I think plus size people advocating body confidence is great, we should never feel bad about ourselves or less worthy because of our size... i say this as ive been overweight my whole life and even now that im nearly 30 i still feel less worthy than i should in society because of the number on the scale. I appreciate people are over weight for many many reasons and thats their business. Ive heard a few of them diet shame etc as well which is completely out of order. I think promoting being fat and healthy is different to being comfortable in your own skin and wearing what you want but the messages often get mixed up i think.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I've had dealings with her and she's not a very nice person at all. User and as fake as her issues.

Reactions: 4
There was some sort of fraction in the original online body positive world wasn’t there - fat actvisits won’t counter weight loss talk at all? I think that’s where Geprge split off from many off them - obviously her corset use is a bit at odds with their stance. She advocates quite strongly that exercise should be about strength and mental well being though not weight loss. I think the fat activism branch are a bit hardcore and outside of their echo chamber might have a harder time getting that message listened to - I like to think I am an ally, inclusive, ready to learn more - but it’s all a bit strident for me. I stopped following Bethany Strutter - everyone is wrong about everything unless you exactly match her world view - very millennial.

Im obese and follow some of the influencers on Instagram but it annoys me when they say you can be plus size and healthy. How? Being obese is unhealthy and even if you dont have any health issues, its still not good for your organs, heart, joints etc? Plus increased risk of diabetes and cancer. Its fine to be happy in your skin, and to want nice clothes etc but dont say its healthy.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If you are over weight and exercise then your risks of developing diabetes are no worse than someone of normal weight. In fact the more unhealthy factors you indulge in will increase your risk. So if you are overweight, you smoke, you take no exercise etc then you will have worse health outcomes than someone whose only factor is being overweight or obese.
likewize you can be thin and drop dead of a heart attack because you chain smoke, take no exercise and also eat a crap diet.

bodyposipanda is worth a follow. She’s great

Reactions: 17
Im obese and follow some of the influencers on Instagram but it annoys me when they say you can be plus size and healthy. How? Being obese is unhealthy and even if you dont have any health issues, its still not good for your organs, heart, joints etc? Plus increased risk of diabetes and cancer. Its fine to be happy in your skin, and to want nice clothes etc but dont say its healthy.
That the thing some do have health issues but still deny it’s that their weight is probably not helping them or contributing to making it worse, denial is strong in the fat community.

The only time you ever see any of the popular plus size influencers like ChloeinCurve or Callie Thorpe attempt to do excercise is when they‘are doing a Nike shoot, couple of poses and they act like they run the marathon.

Reactions: 7
I found out about one such woman lately, fatbabe4ever. Her boyfriend is obviously a feeder. to be fair to her she clearly makes a huge effort with her appearance when she goes out, but he always wears the same scruffy top and baseball cap in really upmarket restaurants. Looking at her page, nothing has changed in their relationship in quite a few years, he comes over at the weekends and takes her out and feed her multiple times over the weekend and then he goes home. Apparently she was following Weight Watchers and admitted that she knows her weight is affecting her health - however on her Instagram page she's got a link to her "pay to view" site.... Obviously without signing up you can't see the actual photos on there, but you can't see the descriptions underneath them - on one of her recent posts she has said how she is using the money from that site to buy herself even more food 🤢, and she's got pictures with captions saying "watch me waddle down the street to my favourite restaurant" etc etc. I actually feel very sorry for her because she's only young and quite clearly in a controlling relationship with a feeder. It is very sad to see. I am plus-size myself and don't get me wrong I am all for some body positivity, for showing that you can still get out there and get on with your life even as a person of size.... But fat fetishism is a whole other ball game. I hope she isn't being emotionally abused by the boyfriend, into thinking that he will only love her if she does the fetish stuff.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.