Plus Size Influencers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly. Why are they all ignoring what she had done this year? Her comments in January were awful. Yes, this country should care about the genocide of black people and have more black history in schools but she shouldn’t make that point when talking about antisemitism and the holocaust. It shows how little she cares.

Reactions: 7
I’ve unfollowed everyone who has defended her. Makes me realise why I hate all these influencers so much. Vapid brains and no substance

Reactions: 8
Absolutely awful how people are turning this into an ‘anti-Blackness’ issue, and indicating that removing Stephanie from the Grazia post is fuelled by racism.

At 18 years old, you are an adult and have to take accountability for the remarks you make on social media, let alone disgusting remarks made only this year.

Stephanie Yeboah is a nasty anti-Semite and self-hating person (her constant racist attacks on Black men). She is problematic AF :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Annoying how everyone is saying this is a classic example of misogynoir. Here we go, using her black womanhood as some sort of shield. I’m also a black woman and while the racism she’s received is appalling, there’s no way to defend her tweets at all. Sorry!

1) these weren’t one off tweets, there were multiple instances of anti-semitism
2) some were very recent.
3) saying we are forced to care about the Holocaust because Jewish people are ‘white/white passing’ - umm? How harmful is this?!

stop clutching at straws. Judging people who keep defending her through the mistake at 18 bs - no hun, you were 31. Where is the insta apology?? trash.

I wonder whether Bauer Media will put out a statement like they did when she was hired at Grazia - barely lasted a month 🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve unfollowed everyone who has defended her. Makes me realise why I hate all these influencers so much. Vapid brains and no substance
I wonder how much of it is trying to defend the income stream and insurance against anything about them that may be uncovered. Let's be honest here, people that choose to become influencers tend to be problematic people in general with sketchy pasts and they usually get outed. I can't understand why else they would be defending this crap. She has NEVER been this quiet on Instagram. I wonder if she's being advised to put a lid on it.

Annoying how everyone is saying this is a classic example of misogynoir. Here we go, using her black womanhood as some sort of shield. I’m also a black woman and while the racism she’s received is appalling, there’s no way to defend her tweets at all. Sorry!

1) these weren’t one off tweets, there were multiple instances of anti-semitism
2) some were very recent.
3) saying we are forced to care about the Holocaust because Jewish people are ‘white/white passing’ - umm? How harmful is this?!

stop clutching at straws. Judging people who keep defending her through the mistake at 18 bs - no hun, you were 31. Where is the insta apology?? trash.

I wonder whether Bauer Media will put out a statement like they did when she was hired at Grazia - barely lasted a month 🤭
A whole month!! I remember the discussion here when she was hired. We weren't wrong! This is what influencers do when they get called out though - make out it's trolls or deflect and she certainly has form when it comes to this. To say that it's racist to call her out is just totally insulting to people that are actually victims of racism. God I cannot stand her!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The line seems to be because she a black women she shouldn’t be held accountable for her actions And it’s anti-blackness for there to be any backlash and if it was a white women she get let off, hmm is she being treated harshly for losing her Grazia gig?

The mag now getting hate, wtf are they suppose to do they can’t have someone who they hired to champion diversity who been making anti Semite comments even up to this year then still employ them they look like hypocrites.

View attachment 271330
What a surprise, dunno how she can defend this.
What an idiotic thing to say, and it goes to show how a lot of people have only just started to behave now it’s no longer socially acceptable to be racist & xenophobic, because the rest of us knew not to do this tit from childhood 🥴 Even in primary reading the diary of Anne Frank you know it’s not acceptable to joke about Jews and attics (even typing that out feels icky) so why the duck would you at 18? Please remember the age of criminal responsibility in this country is just TEN. Just because this lot’s parents paid their rent until their mid 20s doesn’t mean they’re actual children?

And yes people progress from 18, naturally, but there’s a difference between growing your understanding of... sex work, or gender, through further reading / education in spite of popular media being very harmful to those marginalised groups; and being an anti semite in a society that’s largely always communicated to you that that is an unacceptable view? Something she admits when saying how you HAVE to learn about it in school!

Tbh will miss her blatant begs for any freebie doing the rounds 😂 Maybe she’ll keep it up like fellow racist father of daughters 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not racist or anti-semitic at 36, nor was I at 18, nor was I at 10, nor was I at birth. It doesn't bleeping matter WHEN she posted the tweets; it's the fact that SHE DID at some point.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
The Daily Fail have reported that Hello Fresh are ‘reviewing’ whether to work with her again. River Island, ASOS and others have been approached for comment but nothing yet, of course.

Made me laugh that they contrasted her ‘anti-capitalist’ stance with her willingness to promote brands to her 200k insta followers 😂 a bit like most influencers tbh.

Can you come back from something like this?

• Heart
I think she’ll come back from this in time. She’ll convince people of her victim hood, link it to being black, rouse the echo chamber and social justice warrriors to fight for her (the victim) and make just enough public strides to educate herself to get back in the game. Her blog post that she’s mentioned will be carefully thought through and link briefly to her wrongdoings but focus mostly on she, the victim, and the abuse she’s suffered as a result. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Reactions: 4
Aaaaaaaaaand there's finally a mention on Instagram............ I think we can guess how she is going to frame this one and is taking time out to best strategise. She is clearly getting a lot of hate in her DMs and that's what she is going to publicise. I knew she'd go for the victim angle because that is her default. She's promised a 'blog post' to tell her side of the story but I think I can guess how it's going to go. As a plus size black woman, she will be treated so much more harshly than other people that make mistakes. Society will have a problem with plus size black women speaking their truth. Cancel culture is so much more hasty when it comes to plus sized black women etc etc etc etc.

I momentarily felt bad for her when I saw the Mail's article because that rag is such a piece of tit I know they will go in hard on her. And of course the thing they hone in on is her being a 'lefty anti-capitalist' rather than a racist. I'm sorry, I don't feel she ever came across as a lefty anti-capitalist at all! That's the Mail for you though.

• Heart
What gets me is that when a white person is racist towards a black person (because that’s mostly how it goes), people say it’s not up to white people to forgive that racism, yet every non Jewish person is suddenly allowed to forgive Stephanie? Where’s the double standard here?

Reactions: 12
We're not the only ones seeing it:

This incident shouldn't be turned into what's worse. The fact of the matter is Stephanie has been problematic for a very long time and even a cursory glance at her social media would have made that obvious. Grazia and everyone else that hired her recently did not do their homework. Asos, Soho House and all the brands she was begging for clearly did.

My last job searched my social media presence as part of the hiring process - why aren't high profile companies doing it for people who literally make a living from social media???

• Heart
Reactions: 7
What gets me is that when a white person is racist towards a black person (because that’s mostly how it goes), people say it’s not up to white people to forgive that racism, yet every non Jewish person is suddenly allowed to forgive Stephanie? Where’s the double standard here?
Completely - it is baffling! 😣 As if non-White people are exempt from making racist or anti-Semitic or other discriminatory comments just because we are a minority, or need to be forgiven more easily.

As a non-White person, it pisses me off frankly - we all need to be held to account the same! The enlightened “woke” army defending SY need their heads collectively wobbled :mad:

• Heart
Remember this nugget
I just want to say that Joanne Bell is another person that I find extremely problematic. Like Tracy and Rachel Riley she also misrepresents things and flies off the handle over nothing so I certainly don't take anything she says at face value.

Although she's gone in hard to cancel people in the past, I am actually feeling quite bad for Stephanie. When you google her name, it's really not good. She will most likely be cancelled and even getting a regular job is going to be tricky. As for dating........ the internet is forever. She's spoken before about mental health issues and suicide attempts so I genuinely hope she is ok.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I just want to say that Joanne Bell is another person that I find extremely problematic. Like Tracy and Rachel Reid she also misrepresents things and flies off the handle over nothing so I certainly don't take anything she says at face value.

Although she's gone in hard to cancel people in the past, I am actually feeling quite bad for Stephanie. When you google her name, it's really not good. She will most likely be cancelled and even getting a regular job is going to be tricky. As for dating........ the internet is forever. She's spoken before about mental health issues and suicide attempts so I genuinely hope she is ok.

I just want to say that Joanne Bell is another person that I find extremely problematic. Like Tracy and Rachel Reid she also misrepresents things and flies off the handle over nothing so I certainly don't take anything she says at face value.

I’m not familiar with that person I just saw her tweet and reminded me of the tweets Steph posted back in August in regards to the black lady being arrested for making anti Semitic remarks against a Jewish shopkeeper.
I posted It for clarity for all thoses that keep saying she thought and said this stuff when she was just 18, it’s clear she still held some of theses opinions as recently as this year.

If she feels that way the I hope she seeks help.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.