Plus size fashion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got my long sleeved Shein swimsuits and they're amazing, Can't wait to hit the water parks without worry about horrendous sunburn on my shoulders 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Reactions: 5
Argh, my order from M&S is running late. Was hoping it would arrive in time to wear new, cooler material trousers tomorrow.

Be honest folks - will I keel over if I wear full length black cotton leggings to work tomorrow? 😳 It's *only* meant to be 27C where I am tomorrow.
Personally, even at 5 stone heavier than now I couldn't have worn leggings, especially in heat. My girlfriends & I all wear flowy maxi dress with snag tights chub rub shorts, game changer in hot weather 😊
Failing that, Floaty linen trousers with drawstring/Elasticated waist are cool

Reactions: 4
I live in a place with hot summers and I sometimes wear leggings with short dresses. I don't die. In fact they feel quite cool.

Reactions: 2
@Mr Krabs I do have a dress I can wear but I get really self conscious showing off my legs, partly because I'm chunky but also because I get really bad bruises on my legs. Usually I wear tights with a dress but think that would be even hotter than wearing the leggings!
Wear the damn dress!!!!!! 🥰 It’s far too hot to give a damn what anyone things. I’m curvy and hate my arms in particular but boy the whole of my town is seeing these in this heat! x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Wear the damn dress!!!!!! 🥰 It’s far too hot to give a damn what anyone things. I’m curvy and hate my arms in particular but boy the whole of my town is seeing these in this heat! x
My friend , yesterday in 36 degrees had to go to town, she wore a strappy dress with a long sleeve t-shirt underneath
She said she thought she was going to die of heatstroke and was really uncomfortable ... all because she thought people would look at her arms ... I was like, mate, it's 36degrees, aside of the fact everyone is just trying to deal with it themselves, they're more likely to look at you with the damn tshirt on than without it in this weather 🤷

don't get me wrong, I've been that cover up cardigan person, and although I'm coming on with my exposing bits to suit the weather, i never look at people in hot weather and think *they should wear a long sleeve top/cardigan* so 🤷

Reactions: 4
My friend , yesterday in 36 degrees had to go to town, she wore a strappy dress with a long sleeve t-shirt underneath
She said she thought she was going to die of heatstroke and was really uncomfortable ... all because she thought people would look at her arms ... I was like, mate, it's 36degrees, aside of the fact everyone is just trying to deal with it themselves, they're more likely to look at you with the damn tshirt on than without it in this weather 🤷

don't get me wrong, I've been that cover up cardigan person, and although I'm coming on with my exposing bits to suit the weather, i never look at people in hot weather and think *they should wear a long sleeve top/cardigan* so 🤷
Totally agree, I think people covering up in the heat draw more attention than people who don’t. It might be an age thing but I’m over people giving a duck about what I’m wearing. I genuinely don’t think most people spend their time walking down the street forensically examining how others are dressed, what their arms or legs look like, if they’re wearing make up or not etc.

Wear what makes you feel comfortable. Many shops will do anti-chafing shorts if you’re worried about wearing a dress. Someone has mentioned Snag, but they have them in M&S too if you have more of an urgent need.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

I feel like i’m on fire just reading that 😂 but that’s it, everyone is just trying to cope with the weather! i’m 27 and it’s taken me years of summers to be like get your legs out, wear the damn dress, wear the shorts, wear the vest or bikini. It’s hard work mentally and I still wanna cover up sometimes but I’d much feel comfortable in the heat than uncomfortable worrying what people are thinking!

I’d probably stare more at someone in trackies or long sleeves in this weather than someone just embracing the heat tbh 😂😂

I second snag tights they are amazing, also liquid talc from asda and mega babe thigh rescue - all amazing! also step ones which were originally for men now do womens boxers with bamboo paneling for anti chafing and they’re brilliant

Reactions: 7
It's so sad that we don't feel able to dress for this weather. My mum told me 40 years ago that I can't wear shorts, so I dont wear shorts. Well guess what! Today I walked to the shops in shorts and the sky didn't fall down or anything! It's hard to silence the mean voice in your head, but it's bloody liberating when you can.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I feel like i’m on fire just reading that 😂 but that’s it, everyone is just trying to cope with the weather! i’m 27 and it’s taken me years of summers to be like get your legs out, wear the damn dress, wear the shorts, wear the vest or bikini. It’s hard work mentally and I still wanna cover up sometimes but I’d much feel comfortable in the heat than uncomfortable worrying what people are thinking!

I’d probably stare more at someone in trackies or long sleeves in this weather than someone just embracing the heat tbh 😂😂

I second snag tights they are amazing, also liquid talc from asda and mega babe thigh rescue - all amazing! also step ones which were originally for men now do womens boxers with bamboo paneling for anti chafing and they’re brilliant
I’m 47 (48 tomorrow) and this morning i dressed in pedal pusher jeans and a long heavy polyester t-shirt from Yours. Even in my bedroom I felt like I was melting, and then a lightbulb went off in my head! It doesn’t matter what I wear, people can still see how big I am, so what if I have some spider veins on my legs (and that they aren’t as tanned as my face and arms) what does it matter if when I lift my arms my bingo wings hang down for days! So I dug out my shorts, which sit just above my big fat knees and a sleeveless cotton top and do you know what, I’ve felt a lot cooler today than yesterday, I’ve been busy and popped into town, to the vets, supermarket and the tip and no one has stopped me and said “excuse me, don’t you think you’re too fat to wear that and you need to spare us from the sight of all your blubbery flesh”! I’ve not noticed anyone trying to hold vomit inside them or turn to their friends and gasp that I have dared to wear shorts and haven’t heard any snidey comments either. I know I won’t always feel this confident and tomorrow but I am taking today as a win and one step at a time x

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This year has been the first year I’ve worn shorts since I was a teenager and ironically I’m bigger than ever at the moment but like others have said I realised I just didn’t care anymore. I don’t exist to please others.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m 47 (48 tomorrow) and this morning i dressed in pedal pusher jeans and a long heavy polyester t-shirt from Yours. Even in my bedroom I felt like I was melting, and then a lightbulb went off in my head! It doesn’t matter what I wear, people can still see how big I am, so what if I have some spider veins on my legs (and that they aren’t as tanned as my face and arms) what does it matter if when I lift my arms my bingo wings hang down for days! So I dug out my shorts, which sit just above my big fat knees and a sleeveless cotton top and do you know what, I’ve felt a lot cooler today than yesterday, I’ve been busy and popped into town, to the vets, supermarket and the tip and no one has stopped me and said “excuse me, don’t you think you’re too fat to wear that and you need to spare us from the sight of all your blubbery flesh”! I’ve not noticed anyone trying to hold vomit inside them or turn to their friends and gasp that I have dared to wear shorts and haven’t heard any snidey comments either. I know I won’t always feel this confident and tomorrow but I am taking today as a win and one step at a time x
We share sa birthday.
I took me to turning 39 (42 tomorrow,) to stop wearing a dress with leggings in the summer. Summers, well apart from the burning hell we're suffering from at the moment have been so much better for it. I'm still waiting for the moment I'll go out of the house with my arms on show, but I'm getting there.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
happy birthday for tomorrow!!!! 🥳💙 love this post and love that you wore what you felt comfortable in! today is a win and the more you do it the more comfortable it gets in my opinion xxx

• Heart
We share sa birthday.
I took me to turning 39 (42 tomorrow,) to stop wearing a dress with leggings in the summer. Summers, well apart from the burning hell we're suffering from at the moment have been so much better for it. I'm still waiting for the moment I'll go out of the house with my arms on show, but I'm getting there.
Happy birthday 🥳 for tomorrow @Em_ I loved being 42. Hope all your birthday wishes come true ❤😘 ps by my going only 6 more years until the bingo wings can be released 🤪🤪 xx

happy birthday for tomorrow!!!! 🥳💙 love this post and love that you wore what you felt comfortable in! today is a win and the more you do it the more comfortable it gets in my opinion xxx
Thank you 🥰🥰🥰 tomorrow is another day and fingers crossed it’s another win 😘😘

• Heart
We share sa birthday.
Happy birthday to you and @Tharsheblows 🥳 for tomorrow! Hope you both have a lovely day!

Ahh, I’m now 43 and get my arms out, I genuinely was petrified all my life, I was the one sweating with a cover up on nights out in the summertime and I’m not sure what gave me the courage or to stop giving a duck, but now I wear sleeveless dresses and vest tops and I am so chuffed with myself. I’d be lying if I said a tiny part of me was still paranoid but I promise, it gets easier each time. We are just as worthy as every other human being 🧡 and I know that now… took me 43 years, all of those being told I was not worthy, ugly, fat, no one would love me, would get the piss ripped out of me, but I’m absolutely loved, and worthy (a lot of years of therapy for me to say that!) despite my bingo wings 🥰

I hope you release those arms soon 💓 (I mean this in an encouraging way, hope that’s coming across) 💓

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Happy birthday to you and @Tharsheblows 🥳 for tomorrow! Hope you both have a lovely day!

Ahh, I’m now 43 and get my arms out, I genuinely was petrified all my life, I was the one sweating with a cover up on nights out in the summertime and I’m not sure what gave me the courage or to stop giving a duck, but now I wear sleeveless dresses and vest tops and I am so chuffed with myself. I’d be lying if I said a tiny part of me was still paranoid but I promise, it gets easier each time. We are just as worthy as every other human being 🧡 and I know that now… took me 43 years, all of those being told I was not worthy, ugly, fat, no one would love me, would get the piss ripped out of me, but I’m absolutely loved, and worthy (a lot of years of therapy for me to say that!) despite my bingo wings 🥰

I hope you release those arms soon 💓 (I mean this in an encouraging way, hope that’s coming across) 💓
It does come across as encouraging, I think as I get older I care less about what others think

Happy birthday 🥳 for tomorrow @Em_ I loved being 42. Hope all your birthday wishes come true ❤😘 ps by my going only 6 more years until the bingo wings can be released 🤪🤪 xx

Thank you 🥰🥰🥰 tomorrow is another day and fingers crossed it’s another win 😘😘
Happy Birthday to you for tomorrow, hope you have a lovely day. It's supposed to be cooler tomorrow 🎊

Happy birthday Em.

I’d love to join in the body positivity but I went out in jeggings in 38 degree weather. 🤒 I don’t think I can ever be a shorts person sadly.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Happy birthday @Tharsheblows & @Em_

Do you know what ladies? I threw caution to the wind and wore the damn dress (with an ancient pair of chub rub shorts I found in my drawers). And nobody said a word! I did get a nice smile from the building's security guard at lunchtime (usually a grumpy sod) to boost my ego.

As another poster said, I might not have another confident day like this one for a while. But I'm bloody glad I did. Thanks folks :)

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Do you know what ladies? I threw caution to the wind and wore the damn dress (with an ancient pair of chub rub shorts I found in my drawers). And nobody said a word! I did get a nice smile from the building's security guard at lunchtime (usually a grumpy sod) to boost my ego.

As another poster said, I might not have another confident day like this one for a while. But I'm bloody glad I did. Thanks folks :)
I'm glad you wore the dress, I think some days we feel more confident than others.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. I'm nearly as bad as Jess when it comes to my birthday, although I've not spent weeks ordering birthday dresses to wear to the pub 😜
I have been inspired to buy some shorts

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Thank you for my birthday wishes 🥰
We both had positive days today, like you it might not last until tomorrow but I’m glad I did it today xx

It does come across as encouraging, I think as I get older I care less about what others think

Happy Birthday to you for tomorrow, hope you have a lovely day. It's supposed to be cooler tomorrow 🎊
Thanks @Em_ 🥰🥰 down to 19/20 tomorrow where I live and I can’t bloody wait 🥵 xx have the best day xx