Plus size fashion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where would we recommend buying vest tops from? I want enough length to cover my bum, or securely tuck in, and I want enough coverage up top to allow a bra, so many are just cut wrong for a bra! I know it's basic but we are going on holiday soon and my wardrobe is lacking!
My favourites are Lipsy long line vests which I get from Next. Long enough to cover and straps wide enough to cover bra.

Reactions: 4
Where would we recommend buying vest tops from? I want enough length to cover my bum, or securely tuck in, and I want enough coverage up top to allow a bra, so many are just cut wrong for a bra! I know it's basic but we are going on holiday soon and my wardrobe is lacking!
Sometimes, Yours is ok for basics such as vest tops, they do some long line ones too, usually on an offer of buy for £12 or along those lines.

Didn’t really know Lipsy did a curve range, thanks for sharing that! Shame it’s only up to a 24, it winds me up when a curve or plus range only goes up to a certain size 🙄 it’s like saying a 24 is the acceptable plus size!

I’ve always looked at Shein but never purchased… thanks to those that have shared, I will have another look with more confidence to purchase now 😊

Edit for typo, bloody fat fingers lol 😂

Reactions: 6
Sometimes, Yours is ok for basics such as vest tops, they do some long line ones too, usually on an offer of buy for £12 or along those lines.

Didn’t really know Lipsy did a curve range, thanks for sharing that! Shame it’s only up to a 24, it winds me up when a curve or plus range only goes up to a certain size 🙄 it’s like saying a 24 is the acceptable plus size!

I’ve always looked at Shein but never purchased… thanks to those that have shared, I will have another look with more confidence to purchase now 😊

Edit for typo, bloody fat fingers lol 😂
Digressing, but love your profile pic 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Just seen these on New Look

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Yours is ok but sometimes their vest tops can be a a bit shapeless. They can also be quite expensive for really cheap looking fabric.

So happy to have found this thread! I am 5ft 2” and a size 22/24. I find plus size clothing to so long on me 🙈 I think of of the worst places has been New Look - their designers clearly think plus size people are all giraffes.
Recently I have been loving H&M and either Tesco or Sainsburys for clothing. Asda used to be my favourite but it’s gone downhill. I have never had much luck with SHEIN but very tempted after seeing a few Lauren Smithy dress haul reels. I have had a bit of luck with ITS - I bought three of Stacey Solomon dresses last year.

Reactions: 5
So happy to have found this thread! I am 5ft 2” and a size 22/24. I find plus size clothing to so long on me 🙈 I think of of the worst places has been New Look - their designers clearly think plus size people are all giraffes.
Recently I have been loving H&M and either Tesco or Sainsburys for clothing. Asda used to be my favourite but it’s gone downhill. I have never had much luck with SHEIN but very tempted after seeing a few Lauren Smithy dress haul reels. I have had a bit of luck with ITS - I bought three of Stacey Solomon dresses last year.
Have you tried tailoring stuff yourself? I’m average height but have short legs, and I have big hips compared to my waist. Nightmare to buy trousers! I bought some hemming tape from Amazon and watched some YouTube videos about how to take up trousers and skirts and take the waist in a couple of inches. It’s fairly easy to do and means you enjoy a wider choice of clothes.

Sorry if I’m not posting in the right place - I know the person in the photo is not plus size but I’m a size 16-18 and would love to find this dress if anyone knows where it is from?? I feel like I’ve looked everywhere 😫
BEA1CA13-F58C-4AAB-80BA-CE6D09F0A07A.jpeg

Sorry if I’m not posting in the right place - I know the person in the photo is not plus size but I’m a size 16-18 and would love to find this dress if anyone knows where it is from?? I feel like I’ve looked everywhere 😫
View attachment 1423759
It’s not that actual dress but kind of similar:

Goes up to a size 18.

View attachment 1423759
Have you searched for it on Google lens? I find it's really good to find clothes on that

Reactions: 2
I'm on holiday right now and loving this bikini my husband bought be for birthday from jess's ITS range. I'm a size 20 bottom and 18 top (no boobs to speak of so lack of support with the mesh not a problem for me 😅😅) . The bottoms are great, high waisted and not cut too high on the leg. Find them a nice thick material.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Argh, my order from M&S is running late. Was hoping it would arrive in time to wear new, cooler material trousers tomorrow.

Be honest folks - will I keel over if I wear full length black cotton leggings to work tomorrow? 😳 It's *only* meant to be 27C where I am tomorrow.

I’ve worn cotton leggings in that kind of weather. It’s not ideal but not too bad! I always cover my legs so perhaps I’m just used to it.

@Mr Krabs I do have a dress I can wear but I get really self conscious showing off my legs, partly because I'm chunky but also because I get really bad bruises on my legs. Usually I wear tights with a dress but think that would be even hotter than wearing the leggings!