Plus size fashion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, just posted on Poopy’s thread and just curious what others think of the abundance of bloody backless clothes on ASOS lately?! I like a few things and then see there is no back!! Whyyyyy?? Or am I just being over dramatic 🙈😂

Reactions: 6
Sorry, just posted on Poopy’s thread and just curious what others think of the abundance of bloody backless clothes on ASOS lately?! I like a few things and then see there is no back!! Whyyyyy?? Or am I just being over dramatic 🙈😂
They're not for me. I'm in my mid-forties and wouldn't have worn them in my twenties either. I think they are the kind of clothes that could look good in one photo inside your house but horrendous in real life. I agree with the "wear what you want" mantra but realistically, most of us don't want to go braless with our backfat swinging in the breeze, do we?

I don't reckon in real life these plus size influencers wear half the clothes they show us on Instagram. Poppy is a prime example of this.

Reactions: 6
No I'm the same. Backless or anything with a hole in the back is a no from me.

Reactions: 4
I don’t mind a slightly low back, but backless looks awful on pretty much everyone. If it doesn’t even suit the beautiful plus size models it’s not going to work on the average woman.

Does anyone know any good plus size podcasts? I really need interesting ones to listen to and I don't care about effing celebrities or people's takes on the news or how to tell if you're being gaslit in a relationship :)

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know any good plus size podcasts? I really need interesting ones to listen to and I don't care about effing celebrities or people's takes on the news or how to tell if you're being gaslit in a relationship :)
Maintenance Phase is worth checking out.

• Heart
I think I have a few favourite websites thanks to feedback on here - Shein!
I ordered a top and it was fab got so many compliments when I wore it at weekend, swimsuit is perfect and a bargain @ €14
Bought some accessories too and they are also really nice and good quality im delighted with my little haul and placed another order for some holiday outfits 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Don’t know if they’ve been mentioned but am a bit disillusioned with snag tights. There’s SUCH a gulf between E and F

I think I have a few favourite websites thanks to feedback on here - Shein!
I ordered a top and it was fab got so many compliments when I wore it at weekend, swimsuit is perfect and a bargain @ €14
Bought some accessories too and they are also really nice and good quality im delighted with my little haul and placed another order for some holiday outfits 😊
I placed an order yesterday it was free delivery, I wish I’d ordered more now

Don’t know if they’ve been mentioned but am a bit disillusioned with snag tights. There’s SUCH a gulf between E and F
I’ve never ordered from them, I find new look curve tights are really good

Reactions: 2
Apparently sizes F and above are made with more stretch to them. My Fs keep riding up so they advised me to try an E, but I'm a bit put off by your comment now incase they are too small. Should maybe give better tights a try instead.

Apparently sizes F and above are made with more stretch to them. My Fs keep riding up so they advised me to try an E, but I'm a bit put off by your comment now incase they are too small. Should maybe give better tights a try instead.
Maybe try an E- I’m 18-20 and all tummy, but F always slides down and does bunchy material. E has no stretch and doesn’t fall down but cups my tummy- maybe if you carry your weight elsewhere it will be good

Maybe try an E- I’m 18-20 and all tummy, but F always slides down and does bunchy material. E has no stretch and doesn’t fall down but cups my tummy- maybe if you carry your weight elsewhere it will be good
I wear an F (size 20) but I could probably size down to an E. They never, ever fall or roll down on me, I'm in for life. Not having to wear a pair of knickers over tights as well as under is a game changer for me

Reactions: 5
I'll give them a try. I'm a 20 and all belly. The Fs don't roll down but ride up at the legs, so they become pointless, as I end up with chub rub!

I love maintenance phase, it’s kind of more about diet culture but really great and Aubrey Gordon formally yr fat friend is brilliant

I’ve only ever had f which is grand for me but I will say they do rip just as much as any other tights I find, so they do feel like a bit of a bump. Chub rub shorts supremacy tho

Sorry it’s a late response to this but the Go Love Yourself podcast with Laura Adlington and Lauren Smith is a good listen.

Sorry this is off topic as this is a fashion thread, but does anyone have any tips or advice on how to build your confidence and self esteem up a bit? Being plus size I have good days and bad days but I’ve been having a bit of a bad month lately and I don’t want to spiral. It hasn’t helped that I’ve eaten absolute junk all weekend 😅

Last edited:
Sorry it’s a late response to this but the Go Love Yourself podcast with Laura Adlington and Lauren Smith is a good listen.

Sorry this is off topic as this is a fashion thread, but does anyone have any tips or advice on how to build your confidence and self esteem up a bit? Being plus size I have good days and bad days but I’ve been having a bit of a bad month lately and I don’t want to spiral. It hasn’t helped that I’ve eaten absolute junk all weekend 😅
Take a leaf out of Poppy Adams book, just think that everyone who looks at you or interacts with you finds you incredibly attractive, beautiful and wants to shag you. You soon be wondering why more people aren’t falling at your feet 😂😂
seriously tho, it’s a tit feeling. In real life most people don’t give a stuff what you look like, they have their own issues and thoughts going on in their head (sometimes this pep talk works sometimes it doesn’t 😂) I hope your feeling more positive about yourself soon ❤😘

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Take a leaf out of Poppy Adams book, just think that everyone who looks at you or interacts with you finds you incredibly attractive, beautiful and wants to shag you. You soon be wondering why more people aren’t falling at your feet 😂😂
seriously tho, it’s a tit feeling. In real life most people don’t give a stuff what you look like, they have their own issues and thoughts going on in their head (sometimes this pep talk works sometimes it doesn’t 😂) I hope your feeling more positive about yourself soon ❤😘
That did genuinely cheer me up! Thank you 😂❤
It’s true about people not really caring, and weirdly the Poppy method isn’t bad for some short term advice… hopefully just not when it reaches delusions of grandeur territory!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Personally, even at 5 stone heavier than now I couldn't have worn leggings, especially in heat. My girlfriends & I all wear flowy maxi dress with snag tights chub rub shorts, game changer in hot weather 😊
Failing that, Floaty linen trousers with drawstring/Elasticated waist are cool
What size do Snag tights/chub rub shorts go up to, please? I think in an earlier post, it was said that an E is an 18, so, at a size 26/28, I would be an I or a J. I have always wanted to try them, as they have so many fun colours!

I'm ashamed to ask this question at 41yrs old lol but speaking of swimsuits .. I go swimming for 2hrs 5 days a week & I seem to be going through swim suits like no ones business ... them going thin, baggy & looking "bleached" what can I do to get more life out of them xx
Make sure you rinse them after every use in cool/cold water to get the chlorine/salt water out of them, then leave to dry flat.

Last edited:
  • Heart