Plus size fashion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When are you going? I'm going in December and would love to know how it was for you with rides etc? I'm terrified that I won't fit in rides, I'm size 20, but I had an embarrassing moment at Gulliver's last year.
No idea re bum bag, but maybe boohoo?

I bought a Donald duck cross over bag from Primark, not sure if something like that would do

I go end of Nov this time but have been lots before. Disney are really plus size friendly. I’m a 24 on the bottom/22/24 on the top and 6ft1. Universal aren’t as great. The only ride at Disney that can be an issue is Flight of passage but there’s a test seat outside. Check out ‘plus size pammy’ on YouTube, she’s done lots of videos about ride sizes etc. WDW is sooo different to UK theme parks so don’t stress.

You'll be fine on Flight of Passage at a UK 18/20.

So back to the topic, have you planned any Florida outfits yet?
Can we set up a Disney outfit thread?!?! It’s my favourite topic 😍

Reactions: 3
I go end of Nov this time but have been lots before. Disney are really plus size friendly. I’m a 24 on the bottom/22/24 on the top and 6ft1. Universal aren’t as great. The only ride at Disney that can be an issue is Flight of passage but there’s a test seat outside. Check out ‘plus size pammy’ on YouTube, she’s done lots of videos about ride sizes etc. WDW is sooo different to UK theme parks so don’t stress.

Can we set up a Disney outfit thread?!?! It’s my favourite topic 😍
Thank you,we should set one up

Thank you,we should set one up
I’ve set one up - https://tattle.life/threads/disney-world-land-fashion.31445/

Last edited:
Just ordered some Shein swimsuits with arms. I don't give much a duck about getting my flabby ones out these days, who cares, but I'm going to a water park in Florida for an entire day in early September, when the sun will be hot as hell, so I'm very excited to be covered up.

Thanks to the Jess thread people for recommending Shein for swimsuits. There were tons of different styles to choose from and all very reasonably priced.

Reactions: 6
Ugh being plus size sucks in this heat :( anyone have any recommendations for retailers that sell cotton and linen in plus sizes? I can’t do a polyester t-shirt, sweat everywhere :)

Reactions: 1
Ugh being plus size sucks in this heat :( anyone have any recommendations for retailers that sell cotton and linen in plus sizes? I can’t do a polyester t-shirt, sweat everywhere :)
I may get laughed at for this, but truly: Bonmarche! They do some great basics (T-shirts/crop trousers, etc) in a wide range of sizes and a lot of their stuff is cottons and linens.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
H&M are quite good for linen in particular, and usually have nice cotton tees as well. M&S too, though most of their stuff doesn’t go beyond size 24.

New look also have linen and cotton shirts, I have an oversized 18 and its huge, they have them in the plus range too.

I love Linen tops; I have a couple that I got from Next ages ago (size 18).
I get them out every summer and they go with anything.
The only thing is, they crease so badly! I start off looking crisp and fresh and end up looking like a crumpled rag 😂

H&M are good, I have a few from there, plus they also do linen mix tshirts which are a looser fit.
And some Shirred top dresses which are lovely and cool

Tesco have some lovely cotton and linen tops - peasant style, off the shoulder etc
I bought a couple a few weeks back, they wash well and get lots of compliments 🙂
Not sure of size range but def goes to 18 and size is generous.

I'm boiling today it's reached 29° in the NW and I've realised that most of my summer dresses are polyester. I'm going to have a look at h&m, new look and bon marche thanks to the recommendations on here.

Thanks for all the SHEIN recommendations. Part of my order arrived today; two really nice short sets.
I don’t think I’ll be brave enough to go out in them 😂 but they’ll be lovely for the garden 😊

Reactions: 2
I was putting through a M&S order for my son's school stuff and had a quick browse for moi. They have some lovely pure cotton tops that would suit a casual office setting (coughs *like mine* coughs) for a good price. Think some of the size options went up to 24 although was trying to shop whilst my children screamed at me so my attention was a bit distracted 😖 My order should arrive on Monday so will post an update then.

Hi, just wondering if anyone purchased Jess' multiway swimsuit from ITS and what it's like?
No, but someone bought one of her bikinis and said it was so great fit, they've mentioned it on her thread

I’ve just posted on Jess’ post about a bikini I bought and sending straight back, for me personally, was horrendous, no support at all, despite the alleged power mesh, all it had was a small piece of lining, the fit was horrendous and not designed for plus size (in my opinion). There was no protective layer in the bottom, I didn’t even try them on as was clear they were returns, ripped bags, chucked in, so didn’t want to chance the bottoms, even though I would have tried on over underwear.

This is just my opinion of course, so please take from it what’s helpful for you. I am big busted, but honestly, there was no support in the top, it was clearly designed for broad backs and small cups, the only plus was there was a lot of fabric to tie it up but even when I went as tight as I could, the under band was baggy and also had no support and I felt like my neck was going to snap (this was the orange print halter neck set btw)

Edit for typo

I was putting through a M&S order for my son's school stuff and had a quick browse for moi. They have some lovely pure cotton tops that would suit a casual office setting (coughs *like mine* coughs) for a good price. Think some of the size options went up to 24 although was trying to shop whilst my children screamed at me so my attention was a bit distracted 😖 My order should arrive on Monday so will post an update then.
Thanks for this. I mostly work from home but occasionally need to go into the office which is smart/casual. I generally don’t look at M&S but the cotton tops category is great! Might get this one as I love fluttery sleeves:https://www.marksandspencer.com/pure-cotton-printed-regular-fit-blouse/p/clp60542640?color=KHAKIMIX

Reactions: 4
I’ve just posted on Jess’ post about a bikini I bought and sending straight back, for me personally, was horrendous, no support at all, despite the alleged power mesh, all it had was a small piece of lining, the fit was horrendous and not designed for plus size (in my opinion). There was no protective layer in the bottom, I didn’t even try them on as was clear they were returns, ripped bags, chucked in, so didn’t want to chance the bottoms, even though I would have tried on over underwear.

This is just my opinion of course, so please take from it what’s helpful for you. I am big busted, but honestly, there was no support in the top, it was clearly designed for broad backs and small cups, the only plus was there was a lot of fabric to tie it up but even when I went as tight as I could, the under band was baggy and also had no support and I felt like my neck was going to snap (this was the orange print halter neck set btw)

Edit for typo
I've heard that a lot that people share sent ripped bags, different items if clothing or the wrong size sand stained clothes from ITS, it happens a lot. I have never ordered from them and I won't because they charge for returns.
I read that boohoo are going to start charging for returns.

My h&m order arrived today, I've sent two dresses back as they were big on me, but they quality was good and all 100% cotton. I'd recommend checking them out and they've got a good sale on at the moment. I'm around sand 18/20 and can get into a lot of their straight sizes.

Reactions: 6
Where would we recommend buying vest tops from? I want enough length to cover my bum, or securely tuck in, and I want enough coverage up top to allow a bra, so many are just cut wrong for a bra! I know it's basic but we are going on holiday soon and my wardrobe is lacking!