Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ALittleStrange

I'm eyeing up some from their range. Do you happen to know how adjustable the straps are? One foot is ever so slightly bigger than the other due to repeated ankle injuries. This plus feet swelling in the heat means a bit of flexibility would be useful at times :)
I find them quite flexible and roomy. I have one foot bigger than the other too

Reactions: 1
I got some of the crossover waist leggings just before christmas. They are comfy and the sizing is good, although they look tiny and you dont think you'll fit in them. They are however about 5 inches too long for my stumpy legs (I'm only 5ft 1). Hasn't put me off trying some more though!

sickofem

Chatty Member
I haven't looked on their site for years as it was always a sea of polyester, however I have just had a look and found a pair of linen and cotton trousers I like the look of. What is their sizing like? I tend to find a lot of plus size retailers' sizing is very generous. Is that the case as well with Evans?
I usually size up in linen trousers as the upper leg can be tight on me but the evans ones I ordered in my own size & they fit lovely, they’re called linen blend & they feel better than any other style I’ve ever worn, soft & good quality & no giant baggy stomach area which I get with the Yours ones!!

soph30

VIP Member
Apparently sizes F and above are made with more stretch to them. My Fs keep riding up so they advised me to try an E, but I'm a bit put off by your comment now incase they are too small. Should maybe give better tights a try instead.
Maybe try an E- I’m 18-20 and all tummy, but F always slides down and does bunchy material. E has no stretch and doesn’t fall down but cups my tummy- maybe if you carry your weight elsewhere it will be good

Em_

VIP Member
I prefer plain, buttt it does depend on the pattern 😂. I have some flared leggings which can be dressed up or down, I’m just struggling to find a nice top to go with them! I absolutely hate my arms so wouldn’t want them out. Maybe a blouse or a cami top and wear a denim jacket. But if it gets quite warm I won’t want to take my jacket off!
I'm the same, I like to cover my arms.

aalmaalm

VIP Member
I’m sorry if this is derailing on this thread at all but I really need some advice for any fellow plus size ladies (or men!) who have had a spray tan? I’ve booked to get one but I’m now so nervous wondering how it’ll be in a bigger body. Like.. having some rolls or folds? Has anyone ever experienced this? Maybe I should cancel and do it myself? I have the fear.

Also I love h and m for their oversized plain T-shirts, go up to a 4XL
I agree with the other posts, please don’t feel embarrassed etc. I’ve had many spray tans, honestly takes 5 mins! They honestly aren’t paying attention to you’re body shape or size, they are just making sure the tan is even and that they have got everywhere they should. I wear my own underwear (thong) and it covers thetop of my belly. Just because it makes me feel a bit more comfortable, and I know I’m not going to have my belly on show! I also normally don’t wear a bra either! I completely understand how you’re feeling though, I used to feel like it, I even used one of the automatic ones at a local tanning salon, they are good, but they aren’t as even so do prefer going to someone. A tan always makes me feel a million times better! Let us now how you get on 💕

• Heart

unidentified

VIP Member
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good sports bra, I am a G in cup size and really struggle to find one that gives enough support

Thanks!
Marks used to have a double pack with a zip up the front I always found good but I’m not sure how good they are now it’s good move. I sadly am now a J cup so don’t have a fit.

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
So happy to have found this thread! I am 5ft 2” and a size 22/24. I find plus size clothing to so long on me 🙈 I think of of the worst places has been New Look - their designers clearly think plus size people are all giraffes.
Recently I have been loving H&M and either Tesco or Sainsburys for clothing. Asda used to be my favourite but it’s gone downhill. I have never had much luck with SHEIN but very tempted after seeing a few Lauren Smithy dress haul reels. I have had a bit of luck with ITS - I bought three of Stacey Solomon dresses last year.
Have you tried tailoring stuff yourself? I’m average height but have short legs, and I have big hips compared to my waist. Nightmare to buy trousers! I bought some hemming tape from Amazon and watched some YouTube videos about how to take up trousers and skirts and take the waist in a couple of inches. It’s fairly easy to do and means you enjoy a wider choice of clothes.

Can anyone recommend places to get plus size maternity wear? Managing fine just now in my own oversized stuff but not sure for how long. Or am I better just sizing up?
Last year when I was pregnant I bought all of maternity clothes off vinted :) often sellers will have multiple items so you can do a bundle x
---
I have the same problem, why do plus size clothing manufacturers think plus size also means 6ft tall!!! Next, petite range goes up to a size 24. They sit nicely, and are lovely quality, I have had the same 2 pairs for 3 years.
Don’t get me started on this because it’s a serious pet peeve of mine! I’m 5ft 2 and anywhere from 18-24 in clothes. I am very much a “Dawn French” in my shape. Finding clothes that fit me properly is pretty much impossible. It’s either too long in the legs or tight around my 42Ds 😂 I am constantly emailing companies that claim to be size inclusive to also cater for us short fatties!

Em_

VIP Member
You'll fit on absolutely everything at Disney, it is very plus sized friendly. Universal might be trickier as it is designed for teenage boys (no joke) and some of the rides are not very accommodating for larger bodies. Depending on where you carry your weight, you should be ok at a UK sized 20. I'm not overly familiar with the other theme parks in Orlando but apparently they are not great for plus sized people.
Thanks, I feel like I keep going on about this holiday, I'm like Jess 😂
I think we'll just be going to Disney, the kids are at Disney age.

Em_

VIP Member
Uniqlo do amazing cross body bags, I have them in three colours. This one is my favourite, it’s deceptively massive and holds everything.

That might be a link to the US site but they do sell them in the UK
Thank you, I'll have a look at th3m, loved the shop in disney springs

EssexHun

I do really well on Ebay, February and March I sold a shed load of clothes, new and good condition used & made £1700 !!! I've a load more to list now and while I agree about the fees, I just factor that in I use evri to send as my local shop has the print facility, more and more people are using selling sites to buy as the descriptions are by real people who can say what the actual fit etc is like
This is soooo good to know!! Thanks so much for the feedback, I’m going to get blooming listing! 🤩 I guess even with the fees, it’s still money I didn’t have so anything is a bonus.

Em_

VIP Member
This is on ASOS if it’s any good?

Edit - sorry to add this Nasty Gal one on Debenhams also
Thank you, I love the new look dress. I’ve never shopped at nasty gal or plt for that matter are they similar to boohoo for sizing?

Kofi Annan

Enell do amazing sports bras if you are a larger cup. All front fastening so are really easy to put on. It's the only one that supports me when running and I'm a JJ cup.

aalmaalm

VIP Member
I'd say a midi dress that you can dress up.or down. Do you like patterned dresses or just plain? I despise Poppy Adams but she did a reel with gifted sainsburys dresses and I'd say you could dress them up or down.
I prefer plain, buttt it does depend on the pattern 😂. I have some flared leggings which can be dressed up or down, I’m just struggling to find a nice top to go with them! I absolutely hate my arms so wouldn’t want them out. Maybe a blouse or a cami top and wear a denim jacket. But if it gets quite warm I won’t want to take my jacket off!

CrimsonCountess

VIP Member
those all in ones look so good and looks great in all the picture reviews on everyone else but all I can think is that I would look like an overstuffed sausage:ROFLMAO:

• Heart