Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Walkdengirl

VIP Member
Thanks, it’s me that’s going, @Furnessian was replying to me, good to know what rides to avoid. I’ve not been since 2011 and we mainly went to universal and I was there. I’m going to buy some ponchos.
There's a Facebook group called "Disney parks for plus sized guests" any question or worry you may have will be answered on there.

Reactions: 1

Furnessian

VIP Member
Orlando, Disney world, in the second week I'm planning on a day or two shopping. I'm really excited to go to target and was going to go to a discount mall. I'll being going Walmart as well. I'm more excited about the shops than Disney.
I adore WDW. I hope you have an amazing time. Have you watched any Florida vlogs on YouTube? There's a whole new world of hate there, much of which is discussed here on Tattle.

I don't do shopping in Orlando as they're the same places we have at home but if I was living in Britain, I would be all over them. Old Navy is also great for plus sized stuff. They do their entire range in plus sizes and it's all displayed together, no seperate section, which I love.

Kerrie86

VIP Member
I need to buy a swimsuit or something for my holiday in the summer, I tried a load from next and have never hated myself more.

alldayeveryday

Chatty Member
I’m sorry if this is derailing on this thread at all but I really need some advice for any fellow plus size ladies (or men!) who have had a spray tan? I’ve booked to get one but I’m now so nervous wondering how it’ll be in a bigger body. Like.. having some rolls or folds? Has anyone ever experienced this? Maybe I should cancel and do it myself? I have the fear.

Also I love h and m for their oversized plain T-shirts, go up to a 4XL
I've had a few when I was younger. Just a case of moving how they tell you and lifting anything that might leave a white bit otherwise

• Heart

Furnessian

VIP Member
I have a problem with the shelf of fat on the top of my bum. Dresses are shorter at the back because of it.
I get you, I have a big belly and I find things can be shorter at the front but not everything is like this and some dresses are even cut so they’re a bit longer at the back to cover bums.

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Buy a cheap and cheerful dress from Asda or similar and some chub rub shorts and see how you get on with it. That’s how I got into dresses and now I wonder why I ever bothered with seperates, especially in the Summer
It's no exaggeration that I spent at least 3 hours doing this across Vinted, ASDA, H&M and Yours website last night. And found....nothing I liked 😂 I told you I was fussy!

I'm also too lazy to shave my legs constantly. My hair is quite dark and my leg hair grows in super fast.

Diddikins

VIP Member
Yours is ok but sometimes their vest tops can be a a bit shapeless. They can also be quite expensive for really cheap looking fabric.

dee_mc

VIP Member
Where do you buy T-shirts from? I’ve got huge boobs which means that lots of t shirts end up too short or tight on me. I bought a few from New Look in December and they all have loads of holes in them! I don’t think it’s moths as it’s only these t shirts, I wash my clothes at 40 degrees, use fairy non bio and air dry them so think the holes are more likely due to them being poor quality. Honestly I don’t expect a T-shirt that cost £20 to have less than 6 months wear! Has anyone else had similar issues with New Look?
Tesco do some nice tshirts that keep their shape. I only buy 100% cotton so they're the only ones I know of!
I wash mine at 40 in a laundry bag and hang dry, my stuff lasts years. I wouldn't buy from New Look anymore though - their fabrics are gone to shite.

AuntieSocial

Ugh being plus size sucks in this heat :( anyone have any recommendations for retailers that sell cotton and linen in plus sizes? I can’t do a polyester t-shirt, sweat everywhere :)
H&M are quite good for linen in particular, and usually have nice cotton tees as well. M&S too, though most of their stuff doesn’t go beyond size 24.

Em_

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend places to get plus size maternity wear? Managing fine just now in my own oversized stuff but not sure for how long. Or am I better just sizing up?
I've not had to buy maternity since 2019 and found new look and asos the best for plus size maternity, but I was an 18.
---
I forgot about asda they were good and reasonably priced, it's all online.
Boohoo also did plus size maternity back then.

• Heart

Em_

VIP Member
thank god for this thread!
so, have dreamed of owning a pair of dungaree since I was a child. Never bought them coz I just assumed they’d look ridiculous.
Took the plunge, fully expecting to laugh at myself and then return them, and strike them from my wish list forever.
But…. I kinda love them, and can’t decide whether that’s just coz I love dungarees or whether they actually look ok.
Be honest, do I just look like someone who sings the wheels on the bus four times a day?
They look great on you

Loubywoobywoo

Chatty Member
Personally, even at 5 stone heavier than now I couldn't have worn leggings, especially in heat. My girlfriends & I all wear flowy maxi dress with snag tights chub rub shorts, game changer in hot weather 😊
Failing that, Floaty linen trousers with drawstring/Elasticated waist are cool
What size do Snag tights/chub rub shorts go up to, please? I think in an earlier post, it was said that an E is an 18, so, at a size 26/28, I would be an I or a J. I have always wanted to try them, as they have so many fun colours!

I'm ashamed to ask this question at 41yrs old lol but speaking of swimsuits .. I go swimming for 2hrs 5 days a week & I seem to be going through swim suits like no ones business ... them going thin, baggy & looking "bleached" what can I do to get more life out of them xx
Make sure you rinse them after every use in cool/cold water to get the chlorine/salt water out of them, then leave to dry flat.

Last edited:
  • Heart

orangelolly

Chatty Member
I’m looking for some new running capris with thigh pockets. Does anyone have any recommendations or do I just need to suck it up and order tikiboos

Catherine_the_great

Can anyone suggest where I can get some good everyday leggings that aren’t see through? I’m a size 22 but pregnant at the minute. I’m fine for gym type leggings but need some decent ones to wear instead of jeans, comfort is key and all that!
I just don’t want to have to wear dresses everyday especially as we get into winter. (Due in December)

AuntieSocial

I think Evans has upped their game a bit recently. Their own brand stuff is still a
Bit meh but the branded items I’ve tried have been really good quality for the price (but only buy when they have discounts)
I haven't looked on their site for years as it was always a sea of polyester, however I have just had a look and found a pair of linen and cotton trousers I like the look of. What is their sizing like? I tend to find a lot of plus size retailers' sizing is very generous. Is that the case as well with Evans?

EssexHun

Thank you, I love the new look dress. I’ve never shopped at nasty gal or plt for that matter are they similar to boohoo for sizing?
You’re welcome ☺

I find Boohoo and PLT sizing a bit hit and miss, I always tend to size up if no stretch. I have a big bust and this is an area I sometimes struggle with. I have one thing from Nasty Gal and that was ok in my usual size.

Edit for typos, sorry.