Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Furnessian

VIP Member
Snag ones are great, I don’t know what I would do without them. They stay put all day, which is more than I can say for some chub rub shorts, the worst is when the leg lengths don’t stay the same and one side rubs on your thigh.

One thing I would say is to wash them in a delicates bag so they don’t get caught in the machine.

Reactions: 1

Furnessian

VIP Member
You'll be fine on Flight of Passage at a UK 18/20.

So back to the topic, have you planned any Florida outfits yet?

Walkdengirl

VIP Member
My Shein dresses arrived, and 2 of the 3 are actually really nice...cheap fabric but look nice on, and will definitely be taken on holiday with me. The third is ok, just a weird hemline and probably not for me. The sizing is pretty ok, probably slightly on the big side, but I bought a size down as I'm strenuously dieting and they are all good.
I looked but just wasn't sure. It seems like everything is made of polyester. I keep umming and aahing

Em_

VIP Member
Yours has this Zebra one in the sale, but I’m not sure if it’s night out style.

Have you tried Vinted? I find it quite useful when looking for specific stuff.
Thank you, not sure it's for a night out, but I do like it for the day time. That's something I'd get a lot of wear out of.
I've sold in vinted, but never bought from there, but I'll have a look. I don't want to spend a lot on a going out dress as I don't go out that often, so it feels like a waste of money.

LouBug19

VIP Member
How tall are you and how do you find the fit of boohoo? I bought a few oversized sweatshirts from there recently but they seemed really short and boxy and I’m only 5ft4😩🤣 not sure if I need to try some different styles from them or if they’re all the same
I'm 5"2 and they fit me well. I do find them a bit baggy but I could size down. I recommended oversized sweatshirts, I've bought so many recently. I have ordered some in the past that have been very cropped. I can link you to one or two?

CrapEars

VIP Member
Has anyone seen an underwired tankini top? I need one that’s maybe 40/42 DD/E and it’s proving impossible to find.
Or even a full swimsuit, I’ll have to wear shorts over the top anyway.
Ive ordered one from Curvy Kate at a ridiculous price but I'm getting desperate in case it doesn’t fit. We’re going away in 4 weeks and the one I bought from Simply Be broke on my last holiday!

Romy

VIP Member
When are you going? I'm going in December and would love to know how it was for you with rides etc? I'm terrified that I won't fit in rides, I'm size 20, but I had an embarrassing moment at Gulliver's last year.
No idea re bum bag, but maybe boohoo?

I bought a Donald duck cross over bag from Primark, not sure if something like that would do
Impossible. It's a US park. You will feel tiny there.

I looked but just wasn't sure. It seems like everything is made of polyester. I keep umming and aahing
The fabric is written normally. I always look for it on Shein website.

Last edited:

Em_

VIP Member
Yes! This. I'm 5'8 and have the exact same problem. Yours's basic longline cami tops are great as they are that bit longer than standard camis. Simply Be tops are the worst! Size up and they get wider but not longer 😠

I'm also fed up with long sleeves that are more like 3/4 sleeves! I have long arms too damn it!
I have the opposite problem, sleeves are far too long for me

Em_

VIP Member
Haha! Looks like it’s a no to Amazon then. Has anyone ever ordered from Cider? They do a plus size range and the clothes are a little bit different from my usual style but I actually really like the look of some of them. Was wondering what the quality and sizing are like 🤞🏻
Never heard of them, but going to have a look

Catherine_the_great

Can any of you lovely people suggest some good supportive non-wired but padded T-shirt bras? For on holiday, I want comfort and decent back coverage. I suppose sports bra style really? I’ve got one from Sainburys with a front zip which is good but just wondered if you have any other suggestions.

Furnessian

VIP Member
Yes! Straps getting loose/baps out and crotch getting loose/flaps out are my concerns, can’t believe I’ve struggled in traditional swimming costumes.
Did you size up? I’m short and basically as wide as I am tall.
I did not size up but if I bought another I would do as I am quite tall and I think a couple of extra inches in the body length wouldn’t go amiss.

Em_

VIP Member
I agree with you about clothes shopping in general. Me and the old dear were in Marks the other night and they had rows of t-shirts that all needed ironed!!! My mum kept saying this never used to happen in Mark's!!!

But there seems to be nowhere to buy normal clothes any more. My go to place now seems to be Sainsbury. I used to buy loads of stuff from asda but their stuff is now chronic!!!

God I miss Dorothy Perkins!!! And Debenhams!!!
DP is online

I’m going to a work conference in Paris next month, the dress code is business wear during the day and then in the evening dinner and a club! As I work from home my current business wear is shorts and a t-shirt 😂 and I haven’t been in a club since the 90’s 😂 I can’t find anything, everything seems either black or covered in slogans or way too floaty 🤷🏻‍♀️
I'm having a problem finding something for a night out, mainly because I don't want to waste money on something I'll buy once. I've had some good suggestions from here. I digress, have you tried boohoo, PLT, ASOS for night out clothes?

Last edited:

WhatABore

VIP Member
I buy from Fatface, SeaSalt, white stuff, monsoon and even some M&S stuff. All been lovely material and washed well. I’ve even picked up bargains on vinted.
I didnt actually realise Fatface and White Stuff went up to a 24. Kind of presumed they were the kind of place that goes up to a 16/18ish.
Never heard of SeaSalt
Don't even know what kind of clothes any of them do haha

Em_

VIP Member
Thanks so much for this thread! 🥰

I love ASOS Curve, New Look used to be good but for me personally, I find myself looking less and less on there lately 🙁 Yours can be ok but the sizing can be so hit and miss, and sometimes the quality is just shit. Boohoo is ridiculous sizing at times and can be crap, the same with In The Style and PLT… but plus size clothing has demand, I don’t know why companies can’t provide more for us plus size who want good quality clothes that are nice! Sorry if I cause any offence but the bloody butterflies and cold shoulder tops, t-shirts with shit inspirational quotes… no thanks!!

I have a ton of mostly new with labels, clothes to list to sell on eBay… I was thinking if Vinted but never sold on there before and not sure how it works? Most of the items are between sizes 24 - 30 I think? New dresses, tops etc… from ASOS, Quiz Curve, Yours, New Look etc…. I have sold successfully before on eBay but the fees are so high 😒 but I’ll just be grateful that someone else may get a bargain too!

I also have new bags too and other bits, including new make up and skin care… new boxed hair tools, and a load more stuff to sort through..

I don’t realise how much stuff I have accumulated and not worn or used…since I lost my mum, I think I was buying stuff as a comfort as I used to take her shopping all the time… trying to fill a hole that will never be filled 😢

Anyways, I really need to list it and try and make some money. Like so many others, COVID hit us hard, I worked all the way through but my partner is self-employed and still struggling… like so many of us, so anything I can make will help so much.

I too am going to Florida in October (cancelled from before COVID) and me and my partner of almost 14 years are going to get married whilst there! Not told anyone, just going to get married with just us. The dress has been sitting in my wardrobe for almost 3 years now! Its gorgeous and from ASOS Curve! So excited 🥰

Sorry for the long post, it’s just lovely to share plus size fashion advice and discussion without lining someone else’s pockets 😏
Congratulations, you’ll have a great time in Florida.

I‘ve sold on vinted before, but only kids clothes. It’s great that you don’t pay fees, the only thing that I disliked was that you don’t get your money until the buyer has received the item and they have to inform vinted. The good thing is that you set the price and the buyer pays that price, you can also keep the items on for as long as you want.

ryvitaninja

Has anyone used Bloomchic before? They keep popping up on social media and their prices seem reasonable.
i had an awful experience trying to return items - I found all the tops way too short compared to how they looked on the model and fabrics not the best.

CrimsonCountess

VIP Member
I’m looking for oversized long T-shirts to throw on over leggings on the days I can’t be bothered and I can’t find any that are plain, I hate slogan tops. Has anyone seen any cheap oversized long T-shirts, or just long T-shirts at this point.
I actually buy mens ones if I want just plain colours:LOL: normally from Bad Rhino