Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Thank you, Gulliver's world has Rey worried me, it was only one ride but it was so embarrassing 😂
You’re welcome. A lot of the rides also have test seats outside of them too. It’s a whole different world out there, you really will have the best time 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Em_

VIP Member
I’m over 50 & I wear them. It’s a nice look. I think the big t shirts / shirts look better with shorts than leggings.
But a cheap pair of shorts & wear them round the house and then to Sainsburys etc. you’ll soon realise that no one really cares. And I bet you’ll look great.
I'll have a look when I'm next in primark for a pair, I thonknod prefer to wear them next time we have a heat wave

Em_

VIP Member
Sometimes, Yours is ok for basics such as vest tops, they do some long line ones too, usually on an offer of buy for £12 or along those lines.

Didn’t really know Lipsy did a curve range, thanks for sharing that! Shame it’s only up to a 24, it winds me up when a curve or plus range only goes up to a certain size 🙄 it’s like saying a 24 is the acceptable plus size!

I’ve always looked at Shein but never purchased… thanks to those that have shared, I will have another look with more confidence to purchase now 😊

Edit for typo, bloody fat fingers lol 😂
Digressing, but love your profile pic 😂

• Haha

dee_mc

VIP Member
I’m desperately trying to find some new trousers but every pair I order is miles too long. At 5ft t I didn’t think I was overly short but clearly the high street expect us all to be the height of Amazonian godesses!
How tall are you? Have you tried petite?
Oh to be a bloke - so much simpler.

EssexHun

Same here and influencers aren't really influencing me at the moment 😉

I'm on the look out for a dress for a night out that covers my arms and isn't too short or expensive and is ideally zebra print, not asking for much but can I find it anywhere 😂
This is on ASOS if it’s any good?

Edit - sorry to add this Nasty Gal one on Debenhams also

Attachments

Em_

VIP Member
Has anyone ordered from Topsy Curvy? I wondered if their hoddies wash well and are a good material? Thanks 👍🏼
I ordered a Christmas dress around 7/8 years ago and it was market quality, but I think they've changed a lot since then.
---
Joining in, I see my boob-mate Boogs is here!
I got a bnwt midaxi dress in the British Heart Foundation shop which is really a great fit! I have some snag chub rubs which are good but I prefer using Body Glide - it’s made for cyclists to stop chafing. When it’s really hot I don’t want an extra layer under my dress
Where do you buy body glide from? I've been using liquid talc, which works but looking for something better.

• Heart

Em_

VIP Member
Does anyone know if Peacocks sell their larger sizes (I believe they go up to a 22) in the shops or only online? I would like to try a couple of the dresses that Poppy Adams advertised yesterday (I know, but she will never wear them herself) but I only have a limited time in the UK and not really enough to order online, try on and send back.
I've seen size 22 in the shops, they do to tend have more 18/20's

Em_

VIP Member
I am going Disney in Florida in October and have been frantically researching the rides at all the Disney parks… only ones I won’t try is the Runaway Train (sorry can’t remember full title) and Avatar at whichever park it is, as apparently that’s not plus size friendly either.

I did ok at Universal in 2019, though I had to leave the Mummy ride (even though i tried the test seat outside) the bar would not click on the last notch, but I have a huge hernia in my abdomen and was too painful to push the bar any further so I did the walk of shame 🤪🙈 I did get given 4 fast passes but I didn’t attempt the Hulk coaster, and Harry Potter was closed as queues were too long… other than that, Kong, Fast and Furious, Shrek, Jurassic Park and few others I was ok with and I carry my weight around my stomach area.

I’m sure you will be fine, people don’t blink an eye at plus size people, and there are seats outside rides to try, you will enjoy it I’m sure and I hope you do 😊😊

I’m curious about the bum bag, I too have always used a cross body, but may now consider a bum bag! May look at Walmart when I get there for one, thanks for the suggestion!

I’m also going to purchase cheap waterproof ponchos, we had an amazing but bloody manic storm at Universal on one of the days, it absolutely chucked it down! The water on the floor came up last my ankles, I had to steal my other half’s baseball cap as the rain was literally washing out my contact lenses!! We were DRENCHED!! Like absolutely soaked, wringing out clothes drenched! Couldn’t sit in the car as we were puddling!! It was hilarious but man, I wish we had ponchos! They are so expensive in the parks so would recommend buying cheaper ones either online before you go or at places such as Walmart.
Thanks, it’s me that’s going, @Furnessian was replying to me, good to know what rides to avoid. I’ve not been since 2011 and we mainly went to universal and I was there. I’m going to buy some ponchos.

dee_mc

VIP Member
I came here to say Panache too. I’m an HH cup and I love mine.

Have you a link please? Sounds like the sort of thing I’m looking for.
The first is very open at the bottom so I'll wear it over jeans and a cami.
The second is extremely fine, light cotton. A dream to iron.
I like them both a lot!

CrapEars

VIP Member
Not sure how you feel about it but SHEINCurve have some really reasonable things, I've had loads from there, some is quite cheap, others better quality but still reasonable but if you're not in a rush, they have a huge choice. I've lost weight and sold a lot from there on Ebay and it always sells well. Only thing I'd say is read the reviews and look at the pics as sizes do vary depending on style etc but overall I would recommend it for reasonable clothes. Oh 1 more thing, if it says white, 9 times out of 10 it's actually cream 🤣
I’ve got quite a few things from SHEIN. Their sizing is a bit bonkers, I’ve got t shirts ranging from XL - 5xl that are all the same size - a good thing to do is measure something you know fits you and then check the measurements on the SHEIN listings.
I like their t shirts, dresses, pyjamas etc. delivery is alright too, I think some stuff comes from the uk now but even overseas delivery only takes about a week - 10 days

GossBoss

VIP Member
I’m looking for oversized long T-shirts to throw on over leggings on the days I can’t be bothered and I can’t find any that are plain, I hate slogan tops. Has anyone seen any cheap oversized long T-shirts, or just long T-shirts at this point.
Next do some long tshirts, I mean they are like a dress on me 5ft but I have a black & green, they're quite generous too

Loubywoobywoo

Chatty Member
I could rant for days over plus size clothes, I've been a size 20 or over for probably about 20 years and it's still crap trying to buy clothes.

I'm 5ft3, carry most of my weight round my middle and have insanely large boobs so it really is a struggle.

Swimming costumes are pertinent as I'm trying in vain to get something decent as my old one from Asda is giving up the ghost. I had on a tankini today which I'd bought in haste as was going on a hen weekend with hot tub but it is not suitable for actual swimming! Paid loads for it as well as it's an Adidas top but with Yours bottoms and top kept rolling up and bottoms down, really uncomfortable. I also got a costume from Yours for the same weekend and the straps cut into my shoulders so it's not fun to wear either. I don't want 'slimming' or 'tummy control'....I want a costume I can swim or do aquafit in and no amount of lycia is going to make my stomach any less noticeable anyway! Asda used to be brilliant, same with Sainsbury's but neither are cutting it now.

I've bought recently from Hell Bunny, got such a nice dress for a wedding and so many of their clothes go up to a 6XL which is around a 26 I think. I don't like buying from Shein but I do because they just have the most incredible range. I got some fab stuff from my last order although as people say, it's questionable quality so about half went back.
I think you must be my slightly taller twin, as I am 1m56 ( 5 ft 1.5 inches!), big busted and want a swimming costime I can bloody well swim in! Slimming and tummy control= uncomfortable in my book! I think I can get a few wears out of my very stretched, pretty much see-through, splitting at the seams Decathlon swimsuit, but after that, I’m going to have to attempt a Yours online order!

Em_

VIP Member
Next do some long tshirts, I mean they are like a dress on me 5ft but I have a black & green, they're quite generous too
I'll have a look, although they'd probably have be the same for me. I'll check out their petite range

Laine33

I've seen her mentioned a few times & I need something new to read so I think that's where I shall head now!

Hinder surprise has some gorgeous clothes. How do you buy without using the aff link if they don't say where the clothes are from?
That’s why they don’t say where they are from!! 😂😂

• Haha

nogoodusernamesleft

Chatty Member
I like Dorothy Perkins denim - sadly only online but their Eden skinny jeggings are thick, soft and come in a million colours.

if you get some and know your size, they also often come up new with tags on vinted, eBay etc for a steal.

Romy

VIP Member
I've just received my shein order and I don't know what I was thinking when I placed my order, it's all so random, it feel like a Jess order. It's only my second order and the last order was great. Is it easy to do returns on shein?
Yes, very easy but just put back every article in its own plastic pocket. The reference is written on a label on the pocket (and also on your order on the site). They refund you on your card or on your account if you plan to buy more later (you choose obviously).
Certain articles can't be returned but it's written next to the article when you place the order (generally not clothes or little things like kids socks I guess, don't remember).

LilToes

VIP Member
I’m looking for oversized long T-shirts to throw on over leggings on the days I can’t be bothered and I can’t find any that are plain, I hate slogan tops. Has anyone seen any cheap oversized long T-shirts, or just long T-shirts at this point.
I haven’t seen any in a while, I’ve been sticking to oversized shirts left open with plain T-shirts underneath

EssexHun

Thanks, it’s me that’s going, @Furnessian was replying to me, good to know what rides to avoid. I’ve not been since 2011 and we mainly went to universal and I was there. I’m going to buy some ponchos.
Whoops, sorry 🙈 ahhh you will have a blast!
Me too re ponchos, need to find some that are plus size friendly, eBay can be so deceiving 🥴